Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Tales of Illyria KickStarter

Kz3r0

Arcane
Canceled.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Yeah, 1,765 of 23,000 was bad... I'd say it was due the focus on cellphones, it ended up looking like a very shallow game that even the lowest tier of $8 for the final game sounded expensive...

Little Killerz

Little Killerz
Developer
The problem with the KickStarter was getting eye balls on it. Only 1600 people ever viewed the video, even if they all funded the project it would have failed. The game is not shallow you will see. Things are still moving forward. Watch for updated combat videos soon. Heres a screen shot

new combat.png

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I'm not saying it IS shallow, just that it appeared to be so... at first sight it looks like a 0,99 app store game also being ported to PCs, and that is something that will scare people off.

Little Killerz

Little Killerz
Developer
Some updated combat videos.

-Notice the Troll attacks all ranks.

-Notice the follow through animations
-Blood Effects
-Death Sounds
-Turn Track
-Improved hit points bar with current order type.
-Grid is now not as prominent
-Character 10% smaller

Its still a work in progress.....

It's coming along nicely. It would seem you work faster when you have no money

Remember to highlight under the unit attacking and the unit being attacked for ease of understanding. You might also consider having more informative displays of damage quantity/type over each unit when they are hit

Also how about random combat events?
"Suddenly the wolf spots a rabbit and takes flight into the woods!"
"A nearby woodsman has heard the commotion and come to aid team X!"
"One of the soldiers presumed dead has risen at his last and taken one final stab at his nearest enemy for double damage!"

Little Killerz

Little Killerz
Developer
Hi Excommunicator,

Good feedback, we intend to work in damage and skill text in some how. Hmmm....random combat events very interesting. Let me think about how we might integrate something like that in.

Oh by the way, our tools are web based if anyone would like to take a stab at making an event I'd consider giving you access to them.

FYI this video was shot from an older tablet its showing its age, also Jon the artist was playing and he was casting way too many spells for the video to be entertaining....what I mean is he was more interested in winning then showing a fun video. I'll reshoot another soon on a newer device.

Chad

Data4

Arcane
Hey guys.... is this another one of those "Oooh, RPG Codex dropped bank on the Wasteland 2 kickstarter! Let's see if we can get a piece of the action!" fail attempts? Cuz, you know, people who miss the point of why Wasteland 2 was enthusiastically supported and just assume we're a fount of moneyz for their crappy games come across as... well, opportunistic fuckholes.

Little Killerz

Little Killerz
Developer
Data4 we were only asking for 20,000 dollars not exactly trying to swindle you nice peeps out of your money. Its an interesting game we honestly thought some of you would like. Please forgive us trying to make something for you to enjoy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom