Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RTS Terminator: Dark Fate - Defiance - Future Wars Terminator RTS

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I love how deep the squad management inbetween missions is now - squads level up and can gain skills, vehichles and infantry have tons of upgrade options (weapons, armor, gear, engines). Shit is so cash tbh fam.

REhorror

Educated
I love how deep the squad management inbetween missions is now - squads level up and can gain skills, vehichles and infantry have tons of upgrade options (weapons, armor, gear, engines). Shit is so cash tbh fam.
I'm removing all of the high tier infantry squads, in fact I'm removing all infantries that can't drive.

It's joever for footchads, we fully mechanized now.

lightbane

Arcane
Sounds like it's quite realistic for a depiction of future warfare, unless you have infantryman heroes like John Connor. Or cyborgs or power armor.
Is there artillery as well?

REhorror

Educated
Sounds like it's quite realistic for a depiction of future warfare, unless you have infantryman heroes like John Connor. Or cyborgs or power armor.
You get light howiztler in Mission 4 and then upgrade to them in Mission 5, they are very good.

PanteraNera

Arcane
I'm removing all of the high tier infantry squads, in fact I'm removing all infantries that can't drive.
I would advice against it, I am a couple of missions ahead of you, trust me especially the rangers you want to keep, especially for their close combat skill.
Later you can get plasma weapons for your infantry squads and the plasma assault rifle makes the founder infantry squad pretty strong.
Also so far I haven't had a single opportunity to get any other founders squads, so if they are gone, they are gone.
Get them the wasteland survivor skill, ASAP, it reduces their supply cost by 20%.

REhorror

Educated
I would advice against it, I am a couple of missions ahead of you, trust me especially the rangers you want to keep, especially for their close combat skill.
Later you can get plasma weapons for your infantry squads and the plasma assault rifle makes the founder infantry squad pretty strong.
Also so far I haven't had a single opportunity to get any other founders squads, so if they are gone, they are gone.
Get them the wasteland survivor skill, ASAP, it reduces their supply cost by 20%.
The Rangers can drive so it's not a problem.
The standard infantry tho....

PanteraNera

Arcane
IaUo0Kj.jpeg

On the picture you can see all the artillery pieces I found so far:

- 155mm Howitzer
- 105mm Howitzer
- 81mm Mortar in Humvee

See the red circle on the mini-map? You can't hit targets there, as it is to close. So the 155mm can cover the whole map, cause this is a fairly small map. The 105mm and the 81mm both have less range, but also the red circle is smaller as well.

PanteraNera

Arcane
Well I do not know which "high tier infantry squads" you than were talking about, because it will not get better and more expensive in supplies than these two units I mentioned.

REhorror

Educated
Well I do not know which "high tier infantry squads" you than were talking about, because it will not get better and more expensive in supplies than these two units I mentioned.
I'm talking about the Infantry squad literally named "Infantry", they can equip assault rifles and rocket launcher, but they can't drive.

REhorror

Educated
IaUo0Kj.jpeg

- 155mm Howitzer
- 105mm Howitzer
- 81mm Mortar in Humvee

See the red circle on the mini-map? You can't hit targets there, as it is to close. So the 155mm can cover the whole map, cause this is a fairly small map. The 105mm and the 81mm both have less range, but also the red circle is smaller as well.
Holy kino.

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!

Just like in Syrian Warfare, there is everything:

- infantry
- cars/trucks
- APCs/IFVs/AA
- tanks
- artillery
- helicopters
- aircraft (as call-ins)

I really hope that Cats who play will get back to RL setting with their next game, it would be a total blast with this level of quality.

REhorror

Educated

Just like in Syrian Warfare, there is everything:

- infantry
- cars/trucks
- APCs/IFVs/AA
- tanks
- artillery
- helicopters
- aircraft (as call-ins)

I really hope that Cats who play will get back to RL setting with their next game, it would be a total blast with this level of quality.
Naw I hope they continue sci-fi.

Imagine a 40K game like this...

lightbane

Arcane
I'm more interested in how they handle sci-fi units such as power armors, mecha, and... The entire robot faction. Are there terminator squads that are "just" reskinned infantry (heh)?

PanteraNera

Arcane
Are there terminator squads that are "just" reskinned infantry (heh)?
Nope even the weakest terminator squads take quite some punishment until you get them down.
And if you encounter the next better version you better have a good distance between them and you and A LOT of firepower otherwise they will go through your infantry like a hot knife goes through butter.

IaUo0Kj.jpeg

- 155mm Howitzer
- 105mm Howitzer
- 81mm Mortar in Humvee

damn that screenshot gave me a boner. Been trying to hold off buying the game, not sure I can resit any more.

PanteraNera

Arcane
An upgraded Sherman with a rail gun:
CisayMM.jpeg

I really love the unit designs. In my eyes they nailed the post-apocalyptic feel.

Another favorite of mine is the gun-trailers:
AR7vlfe.jpeg

PsihoKekec

Novice
Imagine a 40K game like this...

Or BattleTech. Honestly, I would prefer a Donbass Warfare, but that might get them sanctioned. It's funny how the Cats Who Play got removed from the credits, but if you look at the names of random people who just happened to get together and make a game...

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
I like this game but:
- the pathfinding is absolutely atrocious
- units movement model is the most braindead I seen in a while
*one of my soldiers got stuck on a tree once
*a group of soldiers was able to get down some stairs but were unable to get back up
*the vehicles while moving in a group act like other vehicles don't exist and bump and obscure each other constantly, with towing vehicles acting in the most retarded ways
- the difficulty is really needlessly punishing and forces you to basically crawl through the map and bait enemies. The defense missions are fine, but attacking absolutely does not allow for any mistake, as running into an enemy you are not expecting is guaranteed losses if you are in anything not armored enough
- the attack button does not act the same way as the attack-stance. I deploy a ATGM team on a ridge in range of a enemy vehicle in a defensive stance. If I order them to attack they for some reason decide to start crawling towards the enemy back down the mountain to get closer for some reason, but if I set the stance to offensive they will fire at the vehicle no problem. I'm baffled at what the issue is here

It's a game with great potential, but it really needs some time in the oven.

I like this game but:
- the pathfinding is absolutely atrocious
- units movement model is the most braindead I seen in a while
*one of my soldiers got stuck on a tree once
*a group of soldiers was able to get down some stairs but were unable to get back up
*the vehicles while moving in a group act like other vehicles don't exist and bump and obscure each other constantly, with towing vehicles acting in the most retarded ways
- the difficulty is really needlessly punishing and forces you to basically crawl through the map and bait enemies. The defense missions are fine, but attacking absolutely does not allow for any mistake, as running into an enemy you are not expecting is guaranteed losses if you are in anything not armored enough
- the attack button does not act the same way as the attack-stance. I deploy a ATGM team on a ridge in range of a enemy vehicle in a defensive stance. If I order them to attack they for some reason decide to start crawling towards the enemy back down the mountain to get closer for some reason, but if I set the stance to offensive they will fire at the vehicle no problem. I'm baffled at what the issue is here

It's a game with great potential, but it really needs some time in the oven.
agree w/ pathfinding and some of the commands. I bought the game last night and played a couple hours, I love the atmosphere. I think they are dedicated to keep enhancing the engine and adding more campaigns I think, they won't abandon it I feel like-- I hope some of this gets improved, but I love the detail in the game so far, have not had a good chance to get into the game much yet however.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom