Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

TFRPG: The Bright and the Bastards

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
AdeptPortrait.jpg
Well, thank you for your answers, good sir. We'll be on our way now.

Unless someone in the party disagree (for example to ask other questions or take another direction), I lead the party through the door on the East side of the room

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist
You travel through the door to the east side of the room. The carpeting ends exactly at the door and your boots again step into cold cobblestone. This room is very elaborate, with a large box sitting on a stand in the center. You cannot see the eastern edges of the room from where you are standing in. There are many candles surrounding this box.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
walking along the wall, I move forward until I can see the eastern end of the room. If I can't see any active threats (like a potential enemy or a visible trap) or a new NPC, I get closer to the stand to give a closer look to the box, but without touching it

AdeptPortrait.jpg
Do you think it is... A treasure? Maybe some tomb gold?

Humbaba

Arcane
Hobart blows out the candles.
AdeptPortrait.jpg
why would you do that? We only have a limited supply of torches, no need to remove any free illumination we're getting. Or do you have a specific idea?

Hog_Knight.png
These candles were undoubtedly set up and lit around this box for a reason. Whatever that may have been, we can safely assume that it was not to be of any benefit to unknown intruders like ourselves. More likely than not, those little fires serve as some sort of magical conduit for a scrying spell or worse, cast by the owner of this here box. It therefore follows that we prevent any sort of candle-related activities. Now, my longshanks friend please step away from that stand for a moment.

Hobart and Tiberius position themselves behind the box's pedestal at a safe distance. Hobart then attempts to push the box from the pedestal using his spear.

GrafvonMoltke

Shoutbox Purity League
Shitposter
The Lich looks on in curious amusement, unconsciously attempting to grab at some non-existent object in his belt. He notices this and wonders why he has done this.

Perhaps one of my minions should take this task upon themselves?

baud

Arcane
Patron
Hobart blows out the candles.
AdeptPortrait.jpg
why would you do that? We only have a limited supply of torches, no need to remove any free illumination we're getting. Or do you have a specific idea?

Hog_Knight.png
These candles were undoubtedly set up and lit around this box for a reason. Whatever that may have been, we can safely assume that it was not to be of any benefit to unknown intruders like ourselves. More likely than not, those little fires serve as some sort of magical conduit for a scrying spell or worse, cast by the owner of this here box. It therefore follows that we prevent any sort of candle-related activities. Now, my longshanks friend please step away from that stand for a moment.

Hobart and Tiberius position themselves behind the box's pedestal at a safe distance. Hobart then attempts to push the box from the pedestal using his spear.

AdeptPortrait.jpg
You make a good point, sir knight and I defer to your experience in those matters of magic. My own education at the temple rarely dwelt upon the arcane, but was rather focused on Emir's scriptures. But perhaps wait that we have finished exploring the room before taking any action with the box itself.

I continue moving toward the eastern end of the room.

TheDiceMustRoll, what does my character know about Emir and his (?) teachings/precepts/interdicts/obligations/commandements...?

Humbaba

Arcane
The Lich looks on in curious amusement, unconsciously attempting to grab at some non-existent object in his belt. He notices this and wonders why he has done this.

Perhaps one of my minions should take this task upon themselves?

For seemingly the first time, Hobart finally notices the rotting, shambling abomination that has been following Lichard at a distance for who knows how long, and pulls back his spear.

Hog_Knight.png
Good idea actually.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom