Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware That Which Sleeps - Vaporware Strategy RP

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
The real shame is that it'll be labelled as a coronavirus death to inflate the numbers and justify making masks mandatory, a first step in establishing a new world order based on fear. Truly, the person or group playing the awakened evil IRL is pretty good.

Well, at least the dev will have a legacy. It's more than most can hope for.

Chaosdwarft

Learned
Patron
To be curious what kind of programming knowledge would you need to make a game like this? This concept could work for a game idea on Bronze Age Collapse with supernatural elements.

I tried this game called Cults and Daggers on Steam. Seems to fit the bill but set in late Classical Age.

CaesarCzech

Scholar
fucking hell this is a shame. All clones are dead and when this was looking promising it dies, And i presume dev had no plans in case of his death. AND It died before early access so you cant even count on modders trying to do it.

Last edited:

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Just realized that Eternal Despair basically trumps everything this game has to offer. Cool multidimensional, portal-hopping strategy? Eternal Despair. Masses of eldritch monstrosities taking over the world? Why, you just need some Eternal Despair! Sacrifices to the old Gods and blasphemous rituals? The freebie points given to your antagonists will allow them to cast Eternal Despair and the masses of popamolers will suck it up just fine.

Really, incline is a myth. A chimera. An unreachable dream.

AgentFransis

Cipher
Patron
Just realized that Eternal Despair basically trumps everything this game has to offer. Cool multidimensional, portal-hopping strategy? Eternal Despair. Masses of eldritch monstrosities taking over the world? Why, you just need some Eternal Despair! Sacrifices to the old Gods and blasphemous rituals? The freebie points given to your antagonists will allow them to cast Eternal Despair and the masses of popamolers will suck it up just fine.

Really, incline is a myth. A chimera. An unreachable dream.
Or just play Conquest of Elysium 4 where most of you mentioned is possible. There's a faction directly based on Lovecraftian lore where you perform blood sacrifices to summon monsters from the void, you can potentially visit hades, hell, the elemental planes and the void and there's even a random event where a meteorite crashes with a mysterious cube and when a cultist activates it the world starts flooding with horrors until you shut it down.

Citizen

Also I have not been exaggerating, I had games where opponents died to deer.

Depends on the era. Some eras have weak wildlife. the others have extremely agressive wildlife and a part of the gameplay is fighting against it.

Also those are no ordinary deers

AgentFransis

Cipher
Patron
I don't know what difficulty you played but baron AI and up is perfectly capable and can kill you if you're unlucky/have a bad matchup. It's not as effective as a human obviously, sometimes prioritizing incorrect objectives and using suboptimal summons but it will build large armies and raiding parties and push you aggressively. Sometimes it will die to neutrals a few turns in yes. Doesn't really matter, someone else will just expand into his land.

I mean you too can die to neutrals. Sometimes there'l be something nasty next to your cap on turn 1 and decide to eat you.

Iwannabearock

Novice
Is there any new about a big company who's gonna buy the game? I rewatched the videos (dunno why youtube recomended it) and the ideas behind all and stats are already polished enough. All the bone behind the game is almost ready... We already have fight mechanics, victory conditions, starting conditions, lore, context, etc...

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Is there any new about a big company who's gonna buy the game? I rewatched the videos (dunno why youtube recomended it) and the ideas behind all and stats are already polished enough. All the bone behind the game is almost ready... We already have fight mechanics, victory conditions, starting conditions, lore, context, etc...

Hopefully, the game could sure use a few more years of development. It'd be a shame if the dev has to release it because he ran out of money.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom