Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Vapourware That Which Sleeps - Vaporware Strategy RP

Discussion in 'Strategy and Simulation' started by Kem0sabe, Aug 4, 2014.

1. hoothoot Arcane Patron

hoothoot
    Just assassinate the leader and turn their captain for your own ends lulz. Whats really op is rerouting a river early game, starving a Realm player and toying with their hungry and starving populace. Hope they dont patch that out. Even more hilarious when you drown a dwarf domain and contract water elementals to animate them for nearly unlimited gold at next to no cost. Literally forged a golem of gold and walked it through as the godhead savior of a guys kingdom few games ago. Could have walked through his front gates but before i could arrive to the city just walking through his kingdom had flipped its loyalty enough for the king to suffer a coup lmao. Thats with fairly limited ops too.

^ Top  
  2. Mortmal Arcane

Mortmal
    That's a good strat, which makes me realize it will never work and be balanced for multi, everyone will just use meta strats like that. One might think and dare to say it may not be ready for early access yet.

• Despair Despair x 2
    ^ Top  
  3. Matalarata Arcane Patron

Matalarata
    Illusion magic is teh shit bros. The Solipsism spell allows you to project a prophet into an alternate reality where the Struggle only exists in the minds of those obsessed with the original starting dimension's Old Ones and their eldritch game. You can literally wreak havoc upon the unsuspecting from there, great trolling potential!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Mortmal Arcane

Mortmal
    Yes the perfect exemple of a great ability perfectly fine in your singleplayer campaign but that will be nerfed cause of the multiplayer part.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Sabbah Barely Literate

Sabbah
    It seems there is no public site about this game now and the early access is in preparing.
    Is it still available to get an alpha key here?

• Yes Yes x 1
    • Equip the Ring Equip the Ring x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Morblot Aberrant Member Patron

Morblot
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
    Sure. Just PM [redacted]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Ismaul Citizen First Class #3333 Patron

Ismaul
    Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    I have a selection of alpha keys that would surely interest a fine gentleman like you. If you'll just follow me down this alley...

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 4
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    • quality shit quality shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Sabbah Barely Literate

Sabbah
    That's a good place fit me rightly.Thanks.

• Cheers!! Cheers!! x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Mortmal Arcane

Mortmal
    A shameless attempt when you can just get them for free by joining the discord and asking a dev or even a mod.

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Ismaul Citizen First Class #3333 Patron

Ismaul
    Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    I'm trying to run an honest business here man!

There is value in providing hard to find things that customers desire, wouldn't you agree? There is such confusion about this obscure game, and yet it is so worth the trouble. You couldn't blame anyone for trying to make it more accessible to others, even for a modest fee, no? (PM for details)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Helly Translating for brofists Patron

Helly
    Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Last edited: May 4, 2020
    • Brofist x 4
    • nice x 1
    • Salute x 1
    • +20 Social Credit x 1
    • WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. thesheeep Arcane Patron

thesheeep
    Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    The devs are so busy with development, they have totally forgotten to update the wiki, though.
    I mean, the entire divination skill tree of agents is missing.

• Rage Rage x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Galdred Studio Draconis Patron Developer

Galdred
    I thought there was only one dev left because they decided to part way as they could not agree on a common vision for the future of the game.

^ Top  
  14. agris Arcane Patron

agris
    This usually happens. Indie darling becomes a commercial success, founders bicker and then part ways.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  15. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Many such cases!

• Yes Yes x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Morblot Aberrant Member Patron

Morblot
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
    I've been playing this so much lately it's bordering on insanity. It's just so addictive. Even now I'm supposed to be working but I can't stop thinking about the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Mortmal Arcane

Mortmal
    Cant blame them, after adding so much new content every builds, its hard to keep track . Even paradox games wiki arent up to date either .

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Ninjerk Arcane

Ninjerk
    [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Slurp this person's delicious asshole Slurp this person's delicious asshole x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Storyfag Perfidious Pole Patron

Storyfag
    So what do you guys think of the remaster rumours?

• Excited! Excited! x 2
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. barker_s Cipher Patron

barker_s
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy
    You gotta be retarded if you believe this bullshit. The game's not even out of beta yet and there are 2 HD mods already. What's the benefit of remastering it at this point? Use your BRIAN people!

• Rage Rage x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Johannes Arcane

Johannes
    The original graphics just aren't up to par. Shame since the game is otherwise so solid, wish the devs would've spent some more effort on polishing it up.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. MrBuzzKill Arbiter

MrBuzzKill
    So, the game isn't actually Vaporware anymore?

• Yes Yes x 4
    • How about this as a button How about this as a button x 2
    • No No x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Nahel Arcane

Nahel
    No just Codex larping to compensate for the lack of incline in our lives

• FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Ping hivemind for an invite to the beta or gamma or whatever version it's running.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    ^ Top  
  25. Morblot Aberrant Member Patron

Morblot
    TBH they might as well release it already. It's certainly more engaging and less bugged than almost any somewhat similar game in my Steam library. I can honestly say I haven't seen the game CTD even once this whole year.

Perfectionism is a helluva drug.

• Agree Agree x 3
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.