Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Age of Decadence Released

Nael

Arcane
Why do you hate ITS so much you want their games to get lost in the subforum deluge?

What are you talking about? That's still better than being lost in the "Hosted CRPG Forum Pool (Tar Pits)"

Weasel
But the current location is more visible to the demographic who never venture into General RPG Discussion

:gd::popamole:

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
My first build and I am doing fine...
vOngfbN.jpg

hS0yndr.jpg

Hahhaha, you bought the amulet!

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Those reviews are a selling point to me as I'm sure to many other people. Idiots can go fuck themselves, it's always been like this. Only it kinda hurts more because ITS is a tiny studio.

All the more reason to make your own positive review to minimize the damage. Guys, if you haven't made a positive review yet, do it now. It doesn't matter if it is as simple one. More positive reviews make a BIG difference.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
The people who got so used to Todd's Sawyer school of design ("a Jack of all trades type of PC had better be capable of accomplishing every single goal & quest, or else!"). Aren't they adorable.

Fixed for accuracy because I don't believe someone like Todd would even believe in a design philosophy, in the first place.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Can I make a review insulting millenials and shitlibs?

No, you can't tell the truth about them, because your goal should be to sell more units to them. Be more political. Say that the game is awesome and made you feel like a super-hero. That will do.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
All the more reason to make your own positive review to minimize the damage. Guys, if you haven't made a positive review yet, do it now. It doesn't matter if it is as simple one. More positive reviews make a BIG difference.

I posted a quick positive review. The game seems to be holding steady though.

In windowed mode, you resolution has to be lower than desktop one, otherwise the engine will pick the next thing smaller.
If you switch to fullscreen, you can also switch back to desktop resolution or higher, whatever your system supports, no need to offend yourself with blurry upscaled image =)

In full screen, resolutions above 1776x1000 end up disturbingly blurred all around. It might actually be rendered at a different, lower resolution than 1776x1000 and upscaled because actually selecting the 1776x1000 resolution and playing it full screen on my 1920x1200 screen nets in a sharper image than selecting 1920x1200 which somehow ends up in a very poor image.

Anyway, why is that with windowed modes, is it an engine limitation? Is it because of the window frame, resulting in larger pixel dimensions than the desktop resolution?

Serpent in the Staglands Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Btw Vault Dweller the current subtitle for AoD over at http://store.steampowered.com/ I find to be a bit misleading, other released games say 'Now Available' but it seems to imply AoD is still in early access.

G2VrRNv.png

Might want to ping someone at Valve if it's something you care about.

Should also update the trailer to say "Now released" or something of that nature instead of "Now on Steam early access". felipepepe

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
I posted a quick positive review. The game seems to be holding steady though.

Cool, bra. But there are more positive reviews now because most of the reviews are old, from the earlier acess period. Another thing that helps is to mark any negative review as unhelpful.

Melcar

Arcane
Everyone should spam good reviews, even if they have not played it. The Codex should also do their part and give out "11/10" reviews.

vrok

Liturgist
OK, it's Thursday now so I bought it even though I shouldn't have. Worst developer ever, can't keep their promised release dates to save their lives. Obvious path of least resistance attitude.

Last edited:

Nick

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
In full screen, resolutions above 1776x1000 end up disturbingly blurred all around. It might actually be rendered at a different, lower resolution than 1776x1000 and upscaled because actually selecting the 1776x1000 resolution and playing it full screen on my 1920x1200 screen nets in a sharper image than selecting 1920x1200 which somehow ends up in a very poor image.

Strange. I don't have a widescreen monitor to test it, preferring oldschool 4:3 ratio, but I'll ask Oscar to look into it.

Anyway, why is that with windowed modes, is it an engine limitation? Is it because of the window frame, resulting in larger pixel dimensions than the desktop resolution?

Engine limitation. Quite some people seem to want to play in "fullscreen windowed", though, so I might look into it in future.

Zeriel

Arcane
Vault Dweller
I remember you saying 8 points in a stat were used in Abyss checks, but is there anything in the game that uses Attribute 10 checks?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom