Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Age of Decadence Released

GloomFrost

Arcane
Tried playing as a thief, haven't had this much fun in ages. The amount of times i got caught/killed is ridiculous (some death screens are just pure awesomeness). But that is exactly what makes this game so great.

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
There's a noticeable gap in the narrative:

when I solved the House Daratan quests by manipulating the raiders to kill the Aurelian outpost, Lord Antidas sent me to Maadoran. So far, so good. However, the transition screen talks about the demise of the Imperial Guards by the Boatmen, something that wasn't even alluded to. The text treats this as common knowledge, but it feels like there's a gap in the narrative for me. I was playing as a grifter, btw, so I have no idea what this Imperial Guards/Boatmen business is.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Think of it as news reaching you. Just because you didn't know that something was brewing doesn't mean it didn't or couldn't possibly happen.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Think of it as news reaching you. Just because you didn't know that something was brewing doesn't mean it didn't or couldn't possibly happen.

lol

Think of it like we know how to write a narrative. Just because we don't doesn't mean you have to point it out.

Rake

Arcane
Possible bug (or i'm just missing something):
I completed as a merchant the quest for Linos to have Carrinas killed. Linos tolm me to decide the fate of the remaining IG. I conviced Antidas to kill them. But i still have the Quest "The loose ends" in my Journal as uncompleted. It tells me to talk to Mercato and Antidas. But i can't find Mercato anywhere, and when i talk to Antidas i have no more dialogue options about the matter since i alredy convinced him to kill the remaining IG. Am i missinng something?

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Possible bug (or i'm just missing something):
I completed as a merchant the quest for Linos to have Carrinas killed. Linos tolm me to decide the fate of the remaining IG. I conviced Antidas to kill them. But i still have the Quest "The loose ends" in my Journal as uncompleted. It tells me to talk to Mercato and Antidas. But i can't find Mercato anywhere, and when i talk to Antidas i have no more dialogue options about the matter since i alredy convinced him to kill the remaining IG. Am i missinng something?

Mercato is in the tavern

Rake

Arcane
Mercato is in the tavern
Was in the tavern. After Carrinas was killed, he isn't there anymore. I told Antidas to kill the guards and he agreed. Logicaly the "loose ends" Quest should appear as completed, only it's not

ArchAngel

Arcane
Considering the dominance of certain form in last few pages I propose mods replace name of this topic with

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Was in the tavern. After Carrinas was killed, he isn't there anymore. I told Antidas to kill the guards and he agreed. Logicaly the "loose ends" Quest should appear as completed, only it's not

That is because he took the place of Carrinas. He is near the barracks. Now you will need to convince him to avoid additional bloodshed. Pay attention to the new information presented in dialogues and read carefully. If you just rely on names to complete the quests, you are fucked

Rake

Arcane
That is because he took the place of Carrinas. He is near the barracks. Now you will need to convince him to avoid additional bloodshed. Pay attention to the new information presented in dialogues and read carefully. If you just rely on names to complete the quests, you are fucked
I already searched there. Do you remember the exact spot? Because the IG are under lock and key, and the only people outside the baracks are a Daratan guard in front of the locked door and a man in a legionnaire armor in front of one of the towers. This man has no name, just a " - " in the place of his name, and when i talk to him he says nothing

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
I already searched there. Do you remember the exact spot? Because the IG are under lock and key, and the only people outside the baracks are a Daratan guard in front of the locked door and a man in a legionnaire armor in front of one of the towers. This man has no name, just a " - " in the place of his name, and when i talk to him he says nothing

Maybe is a bug? I don't know.

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Made a drifter with 4's in every stat and 1's in every skill to see how far he would get. He couldn't even make it to Madoraan, got a squad of Daratan guards killed with his poor scouting, and was brutally slain by Feng's rival while trying in vain to assassinate him.
Vault Dweller ?

[eDIT]wwait wait wait wait wait!
I'm teh drunk to be sophisticated!
#I want to ask the follwoing:
Can I
get my lord Antidas to side with the religious guy? I can't right? :(

Disgruntled

Savant
Havent followed up much but this thread got me excited to have a go now that its done.
:takemymoney:
Heres to more Codex born rpgs.

likaq

Arcane
I wanted to ask about team behind AoD over the years.
IIRC at the beggining ( 2004 )team consisted of VD, Ivan and Nick, about 2008? joined Elhoim, when Mazin and Eugene joined?

Vault Dweller Elhoim

kaizoku

Arcane
How many hours does a cuck little to no combat playthrough takes?

Don't have much time to play. But really tempted to play a pure or hybrid loremaster.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom