Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Atelier series

TigerKnee

Arcane
I didn't expect to like the game, but I ended up enjoying it so much that I bought all the other PS3 Atelier games.
You're in luck because Rorona is considered the worst of its trilogy so it can only go uphill from there

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I'm currently at Totori part because I played Dark Souls, and then had some teeth problems. Like growing. So that's three games away.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
None of them are the best one for those prices. But if you can get them on a steep sale then any of the Arland games are fine and Firis is my fav in the Mysterious series.

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Someday I wish someone would translate Atelier Viorate, which is supposedly the best of those older games and does look real cool

Reinhardt

Arcane
Time limit is ok. Problem is much smaller item container and much less money. It's harder to get good equip and items and even if you craft them and register you never have enough money to buy back. I like this feeling too, but it's clearly different.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Soooooo... after killing final story boss i've found that you can buy books with elixir and strongest bomb recipes and dragon tusk for best weapons crafting BEFORE it.:negative:

At least i can use it for postgame.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Wait, wut? They added QoL option to select ending if you triggered multiple from newer games to Rorona but not to Totori? So i somehow ended with retarded kid who i kicked from my party in year 1...

jazzotron

Liturgist
I wish they would port the Dusk series next after Arland to PC.
Hopefully. In particular, E&L was really the pinnacle in both combat and alchemy, not to mention much needed QoL improvements like multi-use items and replenishment. Its a pity Gust immediately nose-dived from Shallie onwards.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Decided to move to Meruru. Totori is too bland as main heroine so i'll leave another playtrough to get all other endings for later. I'm not ready to replay last year again and again with guide yet.

Gerrard

Arcane
Finished Rorona, got the bad ending (low popularity, I guess it's technically normal, but yeah) with Lionela. Really had no idea what I'm doing most of the time when it comes to the alchemy.

E: also I missed a lot of stuff including some recipe books that let you make some very useful items, because the game never tells you how to destroy those boulders blocking your way. I thought you needed a higher quality bomb, but it turns out you just needed a specific trait instead.

Last edited:

Reinhardt

Arcane
Only week left to Nelke release and i still don't see it on steam. I guess Koei Tekmo are busy preparing for another fuck up.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
Grim Dawn next week.
Nelke next week.
Sekiro is a couple of days away.

How the fuck am I going to find the time to play all of these? Each game will be 100+ hours!

Reinhardt

Arcane
Still no Nelke store page.:argh:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom