Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate The Baldur's Gate Series Thread

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Stuff like: Xan changes "their" gender regularly and Kivan married Cernd.
Jesus Christ. Aren't there any straight characters in these settings or does FR stand for Faggot Realms?
:stunned:

Once upon a time, you avoided this stuff if it could be mocked easily. I mean if they had to make a few characters gay or Mizhena, then at least do it professionally. Now we get to make doggystyle jokes, and compare Kivan's wife having less hair, etc.

Codex Year of the Donut
it's not official material
Got an answer.

Support Agent (D&D)

Oct 19, 2020, 4:53 PM PDT

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Wizards of the Coast Customer Support. If you are speaking of Heroes of Baldur's Gate as found here, the adventure is unofficial fan content published through the DM's Guild online adventure marketplace.

A
re you happy, rusty_shackleford ? Siege of Dragonspear remains safely canon. :(

BruceVC

Magister

It took all these years for us grognards to get a BG3 and a continuation of the lore for the original characters (when I was laways hoping to see them in other RPGs released by Obsidian, or recognised in FR novels) and when we finally get something...it's faggotry.

I thought this video was fanfiction until I saw it was an official WOTC book at the end. Stuff like: Xan changes "their" gender regularly and Kivan married Cernd.

>Insert wood jokes here<

Edit: thought I'd summarize it a bit in cse you can't stand the prat voice narration.

Im happy with some of the older BG characters making a reappearance in BG3 and its fantastic news that Viconia will be around :salute:

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
"she's now a fusion of god, mortal and vampire"
It's Forgotten Realms.
Everyone and their mother is a god or demigod in the making.

I thought James Ohlen was writing some P&P modules with the original BG characters? There was another one I think that was set right after BG1 when Khalid was still alive. I know it's fabulously optimistic, but I was hoping there would be a spin-off game at some point that was set in the BG1-2 era.

But then I just realise that there' nobody left to make it. I think unless the original BG1 writing team did something, it would be shit. Otherwise we're back with Amber Scott types writing about werewolf Cernd buggering Kivan. And Xan. With Montaron and Mazzy baking pizza in the background.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
But then I just realise that there' nobody left to make it. I think unless the original BG1 writing team did something, it would be shit. Otherwise we're back with Amber Scott types writing about werewolf Cernd buggering Kivan. And Xan. With Montaron and Mazzy baking pizza in the background.
As long as Monty's back to life, I don't really care what horrors the "good" characters visit upon one another.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron

It took all these years for us grognards to get a BG3 and a continuation of the lore for the original characters (when I was laways hoping to see them in other RPGs released by Obsidian, or recognised in FR novels) and when we finally get something...it's faggotry.

I thought this video was fanfiction until I saw it was an official WOTC book at the end. Stuff like: Xan changes "their" gender regularly and Kivan married Cernd.

>Insert wood jokes here<

Edit: thought I'd summarize it a bit in cse you can't stand the prat voice narration.

Im happy with some of the older BG characters making a reappearance in BG3 and its fantastic news that Viconia will be around :salute:

I don't pay any attention to BG3. It's hard not to notice when they announce stuff, and my brain is wired to think that I played the first two games in a series, so the third should be of interest.

But then I remember we live in a clown world. Go back 20 years or so and tell the original BG fans that you wanted two of the male characters to marry each other, and they would have said you were beyond nuts.

I just have to process that it's like any product that had a target and then switched to another one. Like a 4x4 that was intended for offroading, and then over the years it became a product for upper class types to drive in the city.

Codex Year of the Donut
"she's now a fusion of god, mortal and vampire"
It's Forgotten Realms.
Everyone and their mother is a god or demigod in the making.

I thought James Ohlen was writing some P&P modules with the original BG characters? There was another one I think that was set right after BG1 when Khalid was still alive. I know it's fabulously optimistic, but I was hoping there would be a spin-off game at some point that was set in the BG1-2 era.

again, it's not official material, you guys can stop getting butthurt

now THIS however, is official material:
make sure you use her new official portrait
Mazzy-CLB.jpg

Yes, really.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
The original Mazzy portrait was pretty cringe too. Like what the hell was up with her hair?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom