Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate The Baldur's Gate Series Thread

Melcar

Arcane
Ulcaster is child's play. The Firewine ruins is where it's at.

Last edited:

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Xzar/Montaron and Khalid/Jaheira are attacking each other in my party. What can I do?
I have Popular(16) reputation.

Watch survival of the fittest in practice, and retain the victors. I remember K&J easily won when I played umodded BG1 back in the day. The event would not work with BGT or TuTu. I assume you are using the EE version?

Melcar

Arcane
Xzar/Montaron and Khalid/Jaheira are attacking each other in my party. What can I do?
I have Popular(16) reputation.

Watch survival of the fittest in practice, and retain the victors. I remember K&J easily won when I played umodded BG1 back in the day. The event would not work with BGT or TuTu. I assume you are using the EE version?

I never had interesting in-fighting. Most of the time characters would just melee one another.

Naraya

Arcane
I'm sorry, but gemrb is just too janky for a full playthrough. The pathfinding especially is annoying as fuck.
Whoa, is it even WORSE than the real thing? I'm playing IWD2 now and dear god, the number of times one of my party members decided to take a WHOLE MAP DETOUR because someone happened to be in the doorway is starting to make me furious.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
I'm sorry, but gemrb is just too janky for a full playthrough. The pathfinding especially is annoying as fuck.
Whoa, is it even WORSE than the real thing? I'm playing IWD2 now and dear god, the number of times one of my party members decided to take a WHOLE MAP DETOUR because someone happened to be in the doorway is starting to make me furious.
That's WAD for the Infinity Engine

Jigby

Augur
The non-retarded option is to use ctrl+j. In the ice temple, in Monk Sanctuary, in Chult. Remapped to something easier to use, like tilde.

Going through Chult on IE pathfinding...

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Firewine ruins is pure torture indeed.
It was torture the first time I played. I remember having to place one character in the small chamber to avoid constant respawning, and the characters would always try to take a shortcut around the world instead of waiting a second for the blocking character to move.
But with TuTu and BGT the respawning was no longer an issue and the path finding was improved.

Has anyone ever tried to slay the ghostly knights in Firewine ruins? I remember making the attempt a loooong time ago when I very first go into BG. I recall getting wrecked. Are they even proper undead? If so, maybe equip a fighter with the cursed sword of berserking and then slap a protection from undead scroll on them. I'm curious if anyone has ever defeated them.

Hydro

Educated
Has anyone ever tried to slay the ghostly knights in Firewine ruins? I remember making the attempt a loooong time ago when I very first go into BG. I recall getting wrecked. Are they even proper undead? If so, maybe equip a fighter with the cursed sword of berserking and then slap a protection from undead scroll on them. I'm curious if anyone has ever defeated them.
Doesn’t dispel magic make them effectively unarmed?

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
I know I at least tried it in my run for the extra XP, but I don't recall exactly how hard it was or the specifics of what happened.

The Jester

Cipher
So have you guys heard of a Belgian fan made mod called BG3 on a DOS engine? Heard it kinda sucks but has better romances.
ZbVfQIJ.png

Melcar

Arcane
It was torture the first time I played. I remember having to place one character in the small chamber to avoid constant respawning, and the characters would always try to take a shortcut around the world instead of waiting a second for the blocking character to move.
But with TuTu and BGT the respawning was no longer an issue and the path finding was improved.
The BGII engine has a different spawn system, along with the improved pathfinding.

rojay

Scholar
It was frustrating micro-managing through that dungeon. You had to click at a destination not too far away, and when one of the characters inevitably ran into something and started reversing, you had to click again to re-align them. As long as you kept clicking and nobody got stuck in a door, it was manageable with alcohol. Or at least that was my experience.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
The Imoen romance mod and the online reaction to it was pretty funny. I miss the days when BG2 had a mod community.

I don't know who looks at either of Imoen's avatars and thinks "hubba hubba" though.

Vatnik Wumao
Yet again I shall remind them that the patrician's choice is this mod. :M Basically Cassia from RT before that was a thing. Abandoned before getting a ToB component unfortunately though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom