Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate The Baldur's Gate Series Thread

If you talk ling enough, and are a caster, you can break the wards that keep you locked in the zone. I don't remember the debuff. It's definitely one if the hardest fights to be had. It triggering after Bhodi is definitely a cheap low blow by the creator.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
When you think about it, Charname probably heard Khalid and Jaheira fuck a lot in BG1.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
When you think about it, Charname probably heard Khalid and Jaheira fuck a lot in BG1.
When you realize that it was probably Jaheira pegging Khalid, Larian's ideas don't seem as degenerate.

edit: Melcar knows what's up.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
When you realize that it was probably Jaheira pegging Khalid, Larian's ideas don't seem as degenerate.

She probably shapeshifted into a bear too.
Yes, but only after F/D level 6/7 (70,000 XP) - so you're getting close to level cap which means that it was mercifully less than half the journey.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Downloading game. Check the latest post section on the dex. Oh, a Baldur's Gate Series thread. Cool. Head to the last page to see whats the current discussion.

And it was Jaheira doing the pegging.

Seek help
:stunned:

Last edited:

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Downloading game. Check the latest post section on the dex. Oh, a Baldur's Gate Series thread. Cool. Head to the last page to see whats the current discussion.

Seek help

Toughen up, newfag. :lol:

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Seek help
You started playing it?

Butter

Arcane
Patron

Seek help
welcome_to_bioware.png

Barbarian

Arcane
Is "legacy of bhaal mode" actually a fun way to replay the game or is it like sticking a cement brick up your ass and then having to shit it out?

Because it sounds like it is the latter.

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Is "legacy of bhaal mode" actually a fun way to replay the game or is it like sticking a cement brick up your ass and then having to shit it out?

It is the latter. The same reason why Bugfinder: Cuckmaker is retarded.

dutchwench

Literate

It's exactly as you say. Not only is it horribly limiting in terms of what build you can run, the actual process of playing the game is insanely tedious as well. The only way I can imagine someone having enough patience to beat the game on Legacy of Bhaal is if they just beeline through the main quest like they're suffering from the worst case of speedrunitis. If you're looking for fun ways of replaying the game and you haven't done SCS or Ascension, then that's the way to go. There are a few people doing max difficulty BG challenge runs nowadays and not a single one of them plays on LoB despite using Enhanced Edition, which I think is quite telling.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Baldur's Gate had a lot of degeneracy in it, but a few lines of text aren't the same as the voice-acted, cinematic gameplay horrors we've all seen post-Dragon Age.

Don't blame the thread for laughing at it just because we can read. :M

Spike

Educated
I started BG 1 and I just arrived at Nashkel because these evil assholes in my party INSIST on it. Loving this kino obviously (except the BROKEN AI-pathing) but I don't have to worry too much about this time limit, right? I picked up a bunch of quests and Xzar already complained twice, I figure three time's the charm and he will dip if I don't get there before he complains again. So I have enough time for all my other quests from Chapter 1 while I take care of this needy duo correct? (Chapter 2 starts as soon as you enter Nashkel)

EDIT: To be clear, I want to do their quest (Xzar and Morion) basically ASAP so they stop bitching, and then go back to finish the other ones I picked up from Chapter 1. I still have a good deal to explore in the Chapter 1 areas. I am sure this is really taking some of you back!

Spike

Educated
Just get to Nashkel and talk to the mayor ASAP. If he complained 2 times, that's plenty, and he and Montaron might leave soon. Who else do you have in your party?
Awesome, thanks! I am in Nashkel, just need to talk to the mayor. I have the two that Gorion or whatever (the mage guy who helps you in the beginning, your mentor) tells you to meet at The Friendly Arm. Jaheira and Khalid.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Just get to Nashkel and talk to the mayor ASAP. If he complained 2 times, that's plenty, and he and Montaron might leave soon. Who else do you have in your party?
Awesome, thanks! I am in Nashkel, just need to talk to the mayor. I have the two that Gorion or whatever (the mage guy who helps you in the beginning, your mentor) tells you to meet at The Friendly Arm. Jaheira and Khalid.
Coincidentally, they ALSO want you to investigate Nashkel ASAP, and might leave if you don't do it soon enough. I guess Xzar is just more vocal about it.

Spike

Educated
Coincidentally, they ALSO want you to investigate Nashkel ASAP, and might leave if you don't do it soon enough. I guess Xzar is just more vocal about it.
Ha, no kidding! Had no idea. I just picked them up, maybe they didn't have time to bug me.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I started BG 1 and I just arrived at Nashkel because these evil assholes in my party INSIST on it. Loving this kino obviously (except the BROKEN AI-pathing) but I don't have to worry too much about this time limit, right? I picked up a bunch of quests and Xzar already complained twice, I figure three time's the charm and he will dip if I don't get there before he complains again. So I have enough time for all my other quests from Chapter 1 while I take care of this needy duo correct? (Chapter 2 starts as soon as you enter Nashkel)

EDIT: To be clear, I want to do their quest (Xzar and Morion) basically ASAP so they stop bitching, and then go back to finish the other ones I picked up from Chapter 1. I still have a good deal to explore in the Chapter 1 areas. I am sure this is really taking some of you back!

Most codexers play BG regularly, so not really taking most people back. You just need to talk to hte mayor with Xzar/Montaron or Khalid & Jaheira. If you've got all of them in your party, I believe he only acknowleges Jaheira but it will still 'meet the requirements' with Xzar and Montaron.

It's Kivan you have to manage properly. But I never had him in my party so memory is a bit hazy. I think you have to do what he wants asap though. So find the thing (spoiler) ASAP.

Spike

Educated

Most codexers play BG regularly, so not really taking most people back. You just need to talk to hte mayor with Xzar/Montaron or Khalid & Jaheira. If you've got all of them in your party, I believe he only acknowleges Jaheira but it will still 'meet the requirements' with Xzar and Montaron.

It's Kivan you have to manage properly. But I never had him in my party so memory is a bit hazy. I think you have to do what he wants asap though. So find the thing (spoiler) ASAP.
Ha, that's a good point, forgot where I'm at for a second. But I meant moreso asking a question like that, it's like if someone asked me about the new londo ruins in dark souls or something. Appreciate the tip about Kivan! I will certainly be on the lookout for that.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Ha, that's a good point, forgot where I'm at for a second. But I meant moreso asking a question like that, it's like if someone asked me about the new londo ruins in dark souls or something. Appreciate the tip about Kivan! I will certainly be on the lookout for that.

No probs. If you're a newfag (I'm still grating at being called an oldfag recently, so I suppose that makes you a newfag) then you might want to pick up Kagain in Beregost. He also has a easy quest to fulfill, and I'll leave it to you to find out why he's a fantastic fighter.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom