Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The codex is full of infinity engine fanboys and apologists

Are the infinity engine games overrated?

• Total voters

octavius

Arcane
Patron
We need a new poll:
Who's the worst pollack? Safav Hamon or Jason Liang?

Last edited:

PorkBarrellGuy

I love the reaction of fanboys to these threads, because they prove me right.

Nothing triggers people more than the truth, and the truth is that the infinity engine games are shit.

I don't even necessarily disagree with the basic proposition that IE games as an aggregate might well be overrated and here you are getting shitter-shattered

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I love the reaction of fanboys to these threads, because they prove me right.

Nothing triggers people more than the truth, and the truth is that the infinity engine games are shit.
Well, at least on the PS:T you had the advantage that a story written by a would-be Codexer is still incomparable to classic literature and anyone who says otherwise is lacking on the literacy department. Plus the thread gave me some good recommendation.

This, on the other hand, is plain low effort trolling at something most Codexer specializes in.

You might claim that what you said is the truth, but it is still incomparable to The Truth I had just spoken of.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
What's good about them? It's not the combat or writing. It's not the C&C or quest design.

Encounter design and moddable AI.
Much more choices than in the Gold Box games.

Of course if you're a certified autist with crippling OCD, RTwP giving you less than total control may be problematic.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm going to start my own codex, and degenerate RTwP fans are not invited!
giphy.gif

Trashos

Arcane
BG2 was great, especially the Shadows of Amn part.
The rest of them I don't care much about, but it's not like we are drowning in excellent RPGs. Thus, several IE (and generally RTwP) games rightfully belong to Top~50 (or such) lists. They are not great, but they are good enough.

Trashos

Arcane
Weren't you a Pillars of Eternity fanboi?

Me? I rated it 7/10. "Good" (also promising, back then...). I was not a hater, and I kinda liked it (I still like some of its parts). But that's all, I never called it or considered it great, and I specifically insisted that it's nowhere near as good as BG2. (but I gave them a pass, because it was PoE*1* vs BG*2*).

Bocian

Arcane
Weren't you a Pillars of Eternity fanboi?

Me? I rated it 7/10. "Good" (also promising, back then...). I was not a hater, and I kinda liked it (I still like some of its parts). But that's all, I never called it or considered it great, and I specifically insisted that it's nowhere near as good as BG2. (but I gave them a pass, because it was PoE*1* vs BG*2*).
I meant the OP.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
1. IE games were great for their time, have their place in history and should not be disturbed/remade
2. I disagree with the generalization that RTwP is always bad. It can be done well, if it's round-based (Nwn, Pathfinder) it technically plays like turn-based
3. Stop making these threads ya dullard

Serus

Arcane
Patron
But isn't the point of trolling to trigger people? The OP certainly does that successfully. Yes he is inane, yes his constant polls are retarded but he still gets a lot of attention, he still successfully triggers people into answering to those thread. Have you ever heard the phrase: "don't feed the troll"? Well, neither did many other Codexers apparently.
And neither did I for that matter, when I think about it. :oops:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom