Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Decline The Codex is going down the toilet

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by copx., Apr 14, 2013.

1. Country_Gravy Arcane Patron

Country_Gravy
    Wasteland 2
    I'm getting laid right now.

^ Top  
  2. CaptainAwesome Arcane

CaptainAwesome
    Damn, I wish I had some gravy right now.

^ Top  
  3. Spectacle Arcane Patron

Spectacle
    Their wives probably don't let them play games, which is why they're angry all the time and only post in GD since they can't post about games without playing any :)

• Brofist Brofist x 8
    ^ Top  
  4. DraQ Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

DraQ
    If we don't want to up the standards inside, how about actively degrading the standards of the rest of the internets?
    :troll:

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  5. Cowboy Moment Arcane

Cowboy Moment
    If it was impossible to post about games without playing them, this forum would be long dead.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  6. ironyuri Guest

ironyuri
    Fixed.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  7. tiagocc0 Arcane

tiagocc0
    Well there is no point either in talking and never playing.

^ Top  
  8. Alex Arcane

Alex
    Well, I disagree by the reasons mentioned above, but I also wanted to add that my point isn't that the Codex is better for having GD (and some times other parts) work like a public toilet, but that trying to solve the problem by having a tougher moderation will create a new problem in its stead, one that might be even worse, I think.

Hey, not our fault we are good at sniffing it out.

^ Top  
  9. Andyman Messiah Mr. Ed-ucated

Andyman Messiah
    And I wouldn't have been able to review The Witcher.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  10. copx !Copx went away forever for almost a week

copx
    I know thinking isn't your strong suit, you edgy shitposter, you, but there is a huge fucking difference between "Fuck this shit. I've had it and I'm out." and emo forumwhoring cry-me-a-river ranting and raving. Copx isn't posting so he gets some attention as a special snowflake. He's posting to draw attention to the fact that codex has some shit moderation going on. So how about you fucking think before you type?

Drop these fucking moderators. Being laid-back is good. Letting people do their own thing is good. But when this gets moderators to start getting uptight over users and start running the show, we have a fucking problem. Copx didn't need this shit, and neither do the rest of us. RPG Codex is home to a special type of curmudgeonly asshole: The kind who is sick and tired of fucking mods who censor us and shut us down for "the greater good." It leads to fucking incestuous communities where mods surround themselves with brownnosing scum and make us fucking enable retards by pretending they deserve respect and welcome instead of telling them to their face they are fucking stupid and need to get their shit in order if they ever want to get taken seriously. And even before any of that down-the-slippery-slope shit, mods make us suffer the basic problem of not being able to say the shit we want to say. And that, my friends, is fucking annoying.

Yes, the codex needs mods to stop goatse-bait and spamwhores, but no, we don't need fucking mods retardoing posts just because it can lead to OT or rude shit. If a thread is well and truly being fucked, then I might see why a mod might feel compelled to retardo, but preventative moderation is fucking bullshit. As Brayko said:

And we forumgoers can control the dumb shit ourselves without moderation. When vots started being a fucking tool all over marine_jake's thread, the other posters sorted him out (Link).

I dunno. "Tastefully done rape" actually has a point between the comedy though. Play Dragon Age: Origins with the City Elf vignette and you'll see that there are rape scenes which are mangled so badly that you come to understand the need for some real literary caliber in devising rape scenes. There are a lot of two-bit writers out there who feel cool using rape scenes for shallow pity points and obvious villainy instead of any real exploration of rape issues. And even those who try to explore how "serious" rape is usually go overboard instead of staying realistic.

Personally, I wouldn't mind some tastefully done rape in a game.

I don't know how personally he takes shit, but it looks like he's taken moderation too far. He needs to leave his moderation privileges behind if this is how he mods.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  11. circ Arcane

circ
    Welcome back copx.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  12. Mangoose Arcane Patron

Mangoose
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
    So? What makes you think I care about the purpose of the post? My only intent was to draw attention to the fact that you, copx, sound just like the whiners that you denigrate. That is all. I don't care if you did it with a sweet, good heart, because I only want to point out how butthurt you sound, how you can't seem to make a lucid argument in an even handed manner. By the way, hyperbole and over-reaction only make people suspect you to be a troll, whether you are or not, so you undermine your own argument. Good job!

By the way, if I'm an edgy shitposter, shouldn't I be the one bearing the brunt of moderation? Moron, lol.

You've also got me wrong if you think I'm pro-moderation in any means. I don't really care. But I do want to reiterate that youuuu are a whiny faaag

Oh please. I spent 99% of my time on the Codex making one liners and harvesting brofists. Haven't been modded once.

Also, people need to volunteer before a mod can be dropped (or rather, replaced).

Oh lord, you take this place too seriously. It's hard to have a laid-back forum when people fight for rights on a forum as if it were life sustaining. The fact that you have to make an alt, as if people care about your posting history on your main name. Is this high school?

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  13. Zewp Arcane

Zewp
    Codex 2013
    Copx posted this because he's an emo attention-whore. If he really only wanted to point out shitty moderation, he would have gone through the correct channels first, meaning he'd have contacted DU about it.

^ Top  
  14. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    :avatard: It's kind of funny to me that Jaesun gets all the flack for being the Codex's iconic "evil moderator" despite not moderating the forums that are most prone to shitposting. Seriously, you care about the moderation in GRPG and GG that much?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. evdk comrade troglodyte :M Patron

evdk
    Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    Jaesun has the irritating habit of shunting anything that has even remotely something to do with Groroius Nippon off to General Gaming messing up completely cRPG General appropriate discussions. This has mostly stopped with the creation of Desu Desu Ghetto but still sometimes comes up. I can also only be angry about shit moderation in the parts of the forums where I actually post.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  16. Random Arcane Patron

Random
    It's really hard to be more transparent than you are right now, copx. Just saying.

^ Top  
  17. Zewp Arcane

Zewp
    Codex 2013
    Do people even care where threads are? I have the same discussion in certain threads regardless of what forum they're in. As long as everything doesn't get shunted into a single forum, pushing down all other threads, I'm happy.

Except for jRPG. I won't touch that filthy fucking place.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. TwinkieGorilla does a good job. Patron

TwinkieGorilla
    Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    ITT: copx displays off-the-charts levels of butthurt, quits, re-registers with an alt, shows even HIGHER levels of butthurt, and refers to himself in the third person. :lol:

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  19. tiagocc0 Arcane

tiagocc0
    Alright boys, let's organize this fucking mess, whoever wants to be banned please fill this form:

Account name:
    Date to be banned:
    Reason to be banned:
    Alts:
    Mac Address:

This should stop this type of threads and everyone who wants a kick in the arse will get one, you can even choose the day of the ban, how convenient!

• Brofist Brofist x 9
    ^ Top  
  20. Random Arcane Patron

Random
    :incline:

Fucking. Brilliant. Give this man a medal special tag ban.

^ Top  
  21. tiagocc0 Arcane

tiagocc0
    Yeah, I can be the guinea pig for this marvelous experiment, here is my form:

Account name: copx
    Date to be banned: 20/04/2013
    Reason to be banned: butthurtness
    Alts: The Wanderer
    Mac Address: But I have a PC!

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  
  22. Clockwork Knight Arcane

Clockwork Knight
    If you browse multiple subforums sometimes it's hard to remember where a thread is. For example, I'm always looking for the Dark Souls thread in General Gaming before remembering it was punted to the jRPG forum.

:lol:

^ Top  
  23. Lancehead Liturgist

Lancehead
    Why not simply Watch Thread -> Watched Threads?

^ Top  
  24. Zewp Arcane

Zewp
    Codex 2013
    Makes sense. Although the only time I really go looking for threads is when they stop giving me alerts.

Which is another issue I'd like to ask about, seeing as this thread is essentially useless now. How do I get threads to continue giving me notifications even if I don't post in them for a long while? It seems after a certain amount of times following the notifications but not posting they simply stop appearing in the notification window. Even if you Watch a thread, it seems to happen.

^ Top  
  25. tiagocc0 Arcane

tiagocc0
    That's true, I missed some posts on my own threads because of this.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.