Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Codexian Saga LP

anus_pounder

Arcane
Mark my words, this will not end well. I highly doubt FAITH will love us or even be lukewarm towards us for this.

obediah

Erudite
DBAC

D - is a terrible, terrible choice, but I think it's the safe choice and what our shithole of an empire would do. Best to snuff out FAITH before our populace learns of it.

B - high risk, high reward. Maybe we can step in and pick up some nice new tech from them while helping against the Phyr - and then snuffing them out.

A - is worse than punting the problem. The existence of FAITH is a danger to our stability.

C - is dumb. They Phyr aren't going to get along with us better than FAITH. And while maybe some bit of humanity could be saved from FAITH, the Phyr are lost completely

wjw

Augur
DBAC

Tough choice. I would love to go for B ... but for some reason it got "trap" written all over it.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
BADC

Gene-mods and AI. We need this. Marianism is about the human soul, not about its fleshy shroud.
We even aided the commonwealth when they were attacked by the xeno, even though their souls proved tarnished.
We would not ourselves be deserving of Marianite mercy, if we did not aid our brethren.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Quick count using the optional prefential voting system (meaning people can't down vote other options).

Round #1
  • A
    ADBC
    ABCD
    ADBC
    ADBC
    = 5

BACD
    BADC
    BADC
    BADC
    BADC
    BDAC
    BADC
    = 7

CDAB
    = 1

DACB
    DACB
    DABC
    D
    DBAC
    DBAC
    = 6

Round #2 (C is eliminated and preferences distributed)
  • A
    ADBC
    ABCD
    ADBC
    ADBC
    = 5

BACD
    BADC
    BADC
    BADC
    BADC
    BDAC
    BADC
    = 7

DACB
    DACB
    DABC
    D
    DBAC
    DBAC
    DAB
    = 7 (+1)

Round #3 (A is eliminated and preferences distributed)
  • BACD
    BADC
    BADC
    BADC
    BADC
    BDAC
    BADC
    BCD
    = 8 (+1)

DACB
    DACB
    DABC
    D
    DBAC
    DBAC
    DAB
    DBC
    DBC
    DBC
    = 10 (+4)
Option D is leading with 55% of the 2-party preferred vote. :smug:

obediah

Erudite
Bummer, I was hoping B would win even though I couldn't bring myself to vote for it.

Purge On!

taplonaplo

Scholar
Our chances to acquire AIs should be around the same as with siding with them, well except if events take an unexpected turn and we end up as the underdog in the conflict. It's not like siding with FAITH = free AI for us, i bet we wouldn't share the shield technology with them, so why would they act any different? We can still possibly salvage it, so nothing's lost yet.

Nickless

Educated
Yeah, but the problem is an intolerance for this sort of stuff amongst our people. Working with FAITH as brothers in arms against the xeno menace would have worked to lessen that.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Eh, that's assuming we locked the tech away in some secret vault of heretical objects rather than purging away with the knowledge altogether. Hard to say one way or another.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Well, there's no going back, hopefully we'll be able to get some useful tech out of putting the heretics to the sword. ITZ CRUSADIN' TIME.

We shall not rest until our Dead Zone Crusade reaches the shores of the Turanei territories.

laclongquan

Arcane
One of the main reason I stand against WH40 faggotry is the longevity of theocracy. It's not easy to stamp out the theology once it takes root in the peoples, and forcibly doing so will lead to unrest. We dont have time for unrest and doing things unproductively so I stand against that. By the same token, once my Codexia is under theoracy I am not in a hurry to change because that could fracture the empire more than any other course of action. Gradually change people's thoughts, that's the key. Jump immediately in bed with our ex-victims is too much the whorish behaviour of decadent republic, not of the steadfast staid and boring Respublica. Doing so will lead to instablity. So no.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Why would we want to get rid of our WH40k experience Theocracy?

HEATHENS!

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I dread the day when the Barbarian's updates are posted in GRIMDARK ALL CAPS. :lol:

anus_pounder

Arcane
If I was a more demanding sort of man I would request the barbarian make a 2nd Choose your own adventure. :3

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom