Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Codexian Saga LP

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
You have truly grown both soft and dumb if you are willing to throw away our victory in the moment of our triumph.
Let the bears die, let them feel the Turanei's vengeance.
They only do as we would have done in their place.

We should not interfere in this.
Who knows what battles lies ahead of us?
The Turanei could prove invaluable allies.
Besides, we have other matters to deal with, the Raumen for example.
As soon as they see their chance they will stab us in the back.
Taking refugees would be bad for our economy.

A. take what you can and what you will (technologically and economically speaking), and leave the Phyr to their fate.

They deserve this.

I listened to this music while reading the update, really immersing.

Angthoron

Arcane
Your great-grandfather fought to protect Codexia, and later travelled as an envoy to the Phyrries to ensure that our races would be friends and allies and that no misunderstanding comes to pass between our races. You've advocated your cause with your great-grandfather's glorious name.

And now this? Genocide approval and pillaging? Your ancestor would be very disappointed, Councilman.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
There's no guarantee that option A or B will lead to more wars. Do we want another period of politicking and diplomatic intrigue, or do we want more wars?

What do we want? WARS! When do we want it? NOW!

Codexianity's Ascension can only be forged in the fires of the battlefield, not the backroom of a diplomatic meeting.

edit: Again I urge all right-thinking councillors to postpone their vote until after the State of the Union, where you will be given more information on Codexia's current status, and thus able to judge better what path you should pick.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Angthoron said:
Your great-grandfather fought to protect Codexia, and later travelled as an envoy to the Phyrries to ensure that our races would be friends and allies and that no misunderstanding comes to pass between our races. You've advocated your cause with your great-grandfather's glorious name.

And now this? Genocide approval and pillaging? Your ancestor would be very disappointed, Councilman.
My great grandfather would have wanted the best for Codexia.
Human lives are at stake here, councilor, and I want to save them.
My great grandfather was an idealist, I'm not.
We need to face the grim reality that awaits us out there.
We can't afford to gain more enemies than we already have made.

The bears signed their doom when they attacked the Turanei.
Let them be I say, they have brought this upon themselves.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I know how you feel, bro.

I mean, the Raumen are over the hill there just waiting and plotting and trading and growing fat at our expense, and here we want to go play with lizards?

We should attack them, force their hand, press them so hard that they have to call for the Sixth Great Muster of the Clans, and then whup their asses so hard that it'll be known as the Last Great Muster of the Clans.

Right?

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
I gave an oath.
Even if I don't get to witness the glorious day we will crush the Raumen, my son will or his son.

The bloodline of Jack, the war hero and diplomat, has dedicated every second of their lives planning for the fall of the Raumen.

Yes, I want them dead.
Every time I see one I am filled with rage.
For every breath I take, I come closer to my goal.

The Jack's will never let us be that close to defeat as we was that day again.
We still remember and the people of Codexia still remember.

WE WILL GET OUR REVENGE.

TNO

Augur
Won't vote yet, but my hunch is to leave the furries to their fight. If we wanted to fight lizards, we should have allied with them two choices ago. Raep as much stuff off them as we can. If the Turanei are fairly sensible (if a bit on the religious crazy side) we can work with them against the Raumen. If they're not, then we strike them at their weakest after they and the Phyr have ground each other down.

laclongquan

Arcane
So, our objectives are achieved. And the great fear still remain: Turanei is a fearsome enemy.

Our old adversary still alive and well: the bugs doesnt take part in this shortlived war.

Take up the war with Turanei? Not hardly. For one thing we dont have quarrels with them. For another Raumen still remain. For a third the bears are hardly reliable ally as we just defeat them recently.

But what if they lie? What if they fear our efforts to finish off their race along with the xenophobe lizards?

Let's take in as many bears as we can. Not just for humantarian reasons (since we just kicked the shits out of them). But for future potential hostages. And who knows? Maybe they will become productive members of our great, terrible but fair Codexia.

Maria

Novice
The glorious codexians shall be the only race to exterminate anyone! Let us continue the fight while we are still in mobilization. To war! Protect our newfound sla.. allies!

Option C!

Ashery

Prophet
B.

If the Turanei really wish to wipe the bears out, they'll legitimize our retaliation.

wjw

Augur
The only two viable options in my opinion are B and C.

By admitting an unconditional surrender, The Phyr have proven to be a sensible race, they aren't completely stubborn and they have paid for their mistake (killing our diplomats) with many lives.

Currently their military is still somewhat intact, so if we would be fighting the Turanei together, we could probably defend the Phyrr borders without too much difficulties.

We would fight a purely defensive fight, holding the Turanei off, securing the Phyrr, and in the meantime learn all we can about this race and securing diplomatic relationships. I'd rather have a sensible race as the Phyrr as ally than any lunatic race...

And in all honesty, the human race should be known as a thrustworthy and honorfull race. Not looking for the greatest profit out of each and every situation! If we ever intend to rule the entire Galaxy, our reputation is of the greatest importance!

So I urge you all, vote C!

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
B.

We should breed the bears and use them as shock troops in ground combat. We really shouldn't go to war against an unknown enemy. We need the bears tech and information to wage war against the Turenai. Remember what happened last time we started a war without intel, fellow councillors.

taplonaplo

Scholar
Option C,
risky as hell, but as long as we don't bombard their worlds as the furries did, i don't think it will evolve into something that would threaten our survival.
We should rather make our stand, when our core worlds are at a safe distance (as i suppose they are right now), than wait till the Phyrries buffer state gets obliterated.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Councillors who vote C:

What are you doing? If you wanted to join the losing side of the conflict, you should have voted for allying with the furries from the start. Do not give in to pride and bloodlust, see reason: We cannot fight another unknown enemy, the risks are too great. If we go to war against the Turenai with the furries it should be on our terms, not theirs!

laclongquan

Arcane
One short victorious war and it goes to their head.

Do I need to remind you that the bear only used 1/4 of their fleet to deal with us? That we only won 1/4 of their strength while they were locked into a mortal struggle with another.? That they are losing against that enemy?

NO! Leave the furries to their fates. We will take as many as we can but we SHALL. NOT. GO. TO. WAR. WITH. TURANEI.

Not now, at least.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I can't help but think this will be a fatal mistake...

But, ah hell: C! and let us be victorious.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
The council has proven to be more foolish than ever.
You have let our swift victory against the phyr make you both bold and stupid.
Do you really think we stand much chance against the race that won over both the Phyr and Raumen's combined forces?
Do you crave to be goody two-shoes that you'd be willing to sacrifice Codexia?

This is a sad day for humanity.

taplonaplo

Scholar
Do i need to remind you that when 3/4 of the furries armada will be squashed the Turanei will be able to roflmow thru us as they please?

praetor

Arcane
Jack said:

your words sing true, o glorious war hero!

and then they have the audacity to attack mighty Codexia?! LET. THEM. BURN! i say... we should actually help the lizards exterminate this filthy furries. i think we would have a mighty ally in the Turanei when we decide to take up arms against our old foe, the Raumen.

so, my vote is A with the disappointment that there isn't a D: Help the Turanei vanquish the stupid bears (and thus gain their favor)

laclongquan

Arcane
Dont count the bears out of the fight yet. They are in trouble, but perhaps the crystals may pop in and help them like before? All in all I dont feel like join in the fight.

And make no mistake ladies and gentlemen: taking in the bears is no charity. One reason is that we may need hostages should the bears win and turn vengefultowards us . Also it make for great PR.

Radisshu

Prophet
Who in their right mind would vote for option C?

Why should we inherit the conflict of the foe we just defeated?

I say B. The Phyrrians are dumb, and have paid for their idiocy - but they are not truly wicked, simply misguided beasts in a world with politics too complex for their bestial minds. They would find a place in Codexia, a place more fitting for their kind, guided by a firm hand.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
praetor said:
Jack said:

your words sing true, o glorious war hero!

and then they have the audacity to attack mighty Codexia?! LET. THEM. BURN! i say... we should actually help the lizards exterminate this filthy furries. i think we would have a mighty ally in the Turanei when we decide to take up arms against our old foe, the Raumen.

so, my vote is A with the disappointment that there isn't a D: Help the Turanei vanquish the stupid bears (and thus gain their favor)
A true patriot.
big20boss20salute_2.jpg

Radisshu said:
Who in their right mind would vote for option C?

Why should we inherit the conflict of the foe we just defeated?

I say B. The Phyrrians are dumb, and have paid for their idiocy - but they are not truly wicked, simply misguided beasts in a world with politics too complex for their bestial minds. They would find a place in Codexia, a place more fitting for their kind, guided by a firm hand.
You didn't just suggest that we should welcome the xeno scum, did you?

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
How dare you make such accusations?

I don't think that they are worth dying for.
We will improve our relations with the lizards if we don't intervene.

We have nothing to gain by helping them, the only thing that stands in the way between us and an alliance with the lizards is your morals.
I don't hate them, but if their death is a necessary evil, then so be it.

The Raumen on the other hand...

Radisshu

Prophet
We should welcome them, in a way. They should be given a fitting role in our society. Humanity has always been able to make use of lesser species.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom