Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Codexian Saga LP

Angthoron

Arcane
I wonder how the Phyrries will react to this, too. Will they be happy that their homelands are coming back to them, or will they be grief-stricken with seeing the worlds destroyed? From the point of view of expansion, this still makes the most sense as we don't know what's going on in the area much, and if unattended it could become a great place for pirates and other criminals. It's a relatively important area one way or another. Question is, what will it give us in practical terms? Hard to say.

A question to the esteemed Barbarian - are we sending scouts to the "Outer" space? Or are we completely oblivious? I would suppose there is some degree of exploration, but what sort?

Edit: And I really don't get the fascination of the Council with the Raumen. We fought them, we had a ceasefire, they have proven elusive but useful neighbours that become less and less significant to us in other ways than trade. Why bother pursuing them? Crushing the bugs is all nice and stuff, but where will we find a trading partner afterwards? We've already crushed the Phyrries and look what happened.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Luan said:
Entirely plausible we will be stronger economically and militarily. We may have a greater population as well. Also consider the Raumen are not united as we.

I'm much more intrigued by the Turenai than further developments with the Raumen.
The Turenai seems like an race of honor, it will be a glorious battle if we decide to fight them.
A worthy opponent of the great Codexian empire.

laclongquan

Arcane
Indeed. The joy is in debate, in persuasion and in suffer the consequence of others' poor choices.

On another note, It's time to return to Dead Zone. The logic for Reconquista is still there: reclaim the vast expanse of ex-Dominion space for our own; probe toward a tentative, very tentative contact with Turanei in order to understand their attitude about our own bears who's about to set foot on their ancestors' lands.

ON military side, I would like to note that the 'incidents' might well be a type of info-gathering activities that is very well disguised, lead to the unsuspected attitude of even the sources. The Amoneth is there all right and they seem very cautious. We are waiting for their 1st contact which will be a doozy. All fleets should maintain readiness to a quick change of condition during our expeditions into Dead Zone.

taplonaplo

Scholar
Option A, bugs need some serious squatting, and going deep space will just scatter our forces.

The Barbarian

Liturgist
A question to the esteemed Barbarian - are we sending scouts to the "Outer" space? Or are we completely oblivious? I would suppose there is some degree of exploration, but what sort?

Exploring one thousand plus lightyears beyond the territories you currently hold is next to impossible without significant (read: budget affecting) investment. Your scouts are expanding your domain all the time, but 'beyond the Phyr' is a place you have not yet been. If you imagine your territories (with Codexia as the central reference point), they would look a lot like this: Codexia is a rough sphere currently assimilating the Amoneth territory to its galactic 'west', while the Phyr Dead Zone is to your immediate galactic 'north', the Turanei are 'north-west' and the Raumen in the 'east'.

At some point, the Barbarian may have to put together a map...

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Angthoron said:
Edit: And I really don't get the fascination of the Council with the Raumen. We fought them, we had a ceasefire, they have proven elusive but useful neighbours that become less and less significant to us in other ways than trade. Why bother pursuing them? Crushing the bugs is all nice and stuff, but where will we find a trading partner afterwards? We've already crushed the Phyrries and look what happened.
Remember the first contact war, when they used the furries to invade the Turanei, when they used our desperation to their benefit, when they lied about meth entities to keep us from expanding...?
They are going to stab us in the back sooner or later, and I would prefer to crush them before they do.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
The Amoneth, are clearly responsible for the disappearing time. Crews are taken, interrogated, and then memory wiped. They are probably studying us, like we would study an ant colony.

But who cares, as long as they keep giving us food pellets?

As for this choice... I don't really care, dead zone, or complete unknown. I would like to expand south, and try to put Codexia in the middle of Codexian space again.

But completet unknown is a bit more interesting than the dead zone. It is probably more financially sound to expand to the dead zone, since that should be relatively uncontested. But Codexia must take risks, or we will never grow more powerful than the Raumen.

B.

Angthoron

Arcane
If the Raumen lied to us about the Amoneth, then why have they not expanded into the territories? Granted, they're a bit far from their empire, but distances do not stop empires from growing. There has to be a reason to this, the reason that neither the lizards nor the bugs have settled that area of space despite it being empty and rather rich.

And what of disappearances of our vessels? It may be normal for one person to vanish for three days and re-appear later with no memories of it, we have enough chemicals on the market to warrant such behaviour, but an entire spaceship? The people do not remember anything, and from what I understand, neither do on-board AI (if the vanishing vessels were equipped with any). In fact I would suggest that we take the electronics on vanished vessels and study them in utmost detail, look for signs of tampering and erasing - or anything to explain this phenomenon.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Very well, let's say that the Ammoneth is real.
What difference would it make?
We still haven't made any real contact with them.
For all we know our colonists could live side by side with them.
The Raumen has always been treacherous and greedy.
The only good bug is a dead bug.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Yeah, I'm with Jack on this. Even if the Amoneth exist they don't seem to care about us, and certainly not enough to make contact. The Raumen on the other hand have proven that they are capable and willing of great deceit to further their own goals. There will come a conflict between us and them. We must prepare for this.

golgepapaz

Augur
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
In order to save the barbarian trouble, here is the preliminary map of our galaxy, which i've created with my terribly gimped gimp skills. I'll add more info as they become available,

Yeah I know, it's a bit heavy pixel size , I'll look at it later on

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
namekaacm.jpg

Green-Turanei
White-Ammoneth
Red-THE GLORIOUS EMPIRE OF CODEXIA
Blue-Bugs
Orange- Deadzone

A quick mockup I did.
What do you think?

I have really no idea how big the territories are so this map is very unprecise.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
I suspect the blue should be bigger. And we don't really know how big the white and green areas are.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
A. Enter the Dead Zone.

Now that Amoneth worlds have proven to be fruitful, we can afford to pay some attention to the devastated expanse of the former Phyr Dominion. Terraforming may be too high a cost to salvage the dead worlds for colonization - I just recommend establishing border bases in the region so as to ensure it does not become a staging point for our enemies. Furthermore, these dead worlds will be useful places for our top secret research bases, super-weapon facilities, and penal colonies to which we can exile our criminals and political dissidents.

We all need big hunks of rock with which to test our weapons on, and the lifeless Phyr worlds provide that in abundance.

Regarding the map, Cartographer-Marshal Jack, I believe the bugs have far more territory than you give them credit for. They have a thousand-light year territory, while we are only about 600 light years. Turanei domain should not be very large, they tend to keep to themselves, and I can't see them expanding and occupying worlds. Phyr was big, probably larger than us prior to their defeat, but now it's nothing. Amoneth, no one can tell since they don't seem to have territories anyway.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
I will remake the map more detailed and accurate if when/if the barbarian provide more descriptions.
That map was merely to show our position in the universe.

Here is a complimentary picture for your amusement.
oamemaacm.jpg

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Blasphemy. WE should be mounting the bears, bunch of decadent furfags that we are.

Hm, a combination of your map and golgepapaz's would be optimally serial.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
It is a picture taken from the lower decks of CSS BLOBERT during our war against the furries.
Don't ask me how or what happened.

golgepapaz

Augur
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
it was shown in a large scale, apparently there is nothing but the void to our south,because our only exploration options are north or east beyond the raumen territory.Average galaxy size is 10000 light years wide and I am assuming since there are so many life forms in the galaxy where codexia resides it's safe to assume it's a rather big galaxy, maybe as big as milky way
which puts it 100000 light years wide.i'll draw a zoomed in stellar map when i have the time.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Codexia is Earth and we are in Milky Way, so that's a good basis for cartography.

Barbarian, would copies of the maps and links to the various updates be possible to insert into the first post?

Also, I vote A. Let's build a solid wall of systems against the Turenai and utilize those systems fully - if nothing else there are plenty of raw materials there.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Option A.

No need to overextend ourselves when there might be useful resources left in the burned worlds of the previous furry empire.

We'll get to the rest of the galaxy eventually. Let's just solidify our holdings for now.

The Barbarian

Liturgist
Let it be known that the Barbarian appreciates Jack's and golgepapaz's excellent maps!

GarfunkeL:

Yes, the Barbarian is definitely going to update the initial post with links and maps, as soon as possible.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
This thread is really something special.
:love:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom