Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Codexian Saga LP

laclongquan

Arcane
A deadlock?

Anyway, I and Brig. Gen. Quan Long III agree on the course of NCR: Conservative for the win. Alas, he want to held high the ancient flag that stained with innocents' blood, mistakes, and scandals. Me, I prefer a clean slate. Let the old rabble die out.

EDIT: Obviously I havent change my vote. If I do there will be sign in big bad letters. I learn my lesson, see.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I am afraid I must decline, but only for now.

The opportunities of this civil war are... bountiful. Chaos calls and I obey.

The Barbarian

Liturgist
ah, another Q&A: did the navy blockade on the commonwealth cause the commonwealth to mobilize for war as well? are we facing a civil-civil war, here?

The Commonwealth is being attacked piece-meal by all factions involved in the Civil War. Officially, they're sitting it out, but that might not last. Whatever the case, they're far weaker than either faction. Their naval forces are tiny. The 'Codexian Navy', as a whole, is no more, though.

Anyway, I and Brig. Gen. Quan Long III agree on the course of NCR: Conservative for the win.

Does this mean you have flip-flopped to 'A', laclongquan?

Or are you still 'C' (for 'let the old rabble die out')?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I don't want to set the world on fire.
I just want to start a flame in your heart.

wjw

Augur
Since Root deflected from his own fight... I will backflop to C.

Angthoron

Arcane
My private fleet will be backing the True Codexians in this battle.

Option A

Pity I didn't formulate my ideas into a coherent whole, thought the experiment was indeed over. Stupid employment.

Edit: Oops.

Maria

Novice
Angthoron said:

Option B

Pity I didn't formulate my ideas into a coherent whole, thought the experiment was indeed over. Stupid employment.

Don't you mean A?

Oh sweet codexia protect... You are like lemmings, running to your certain doom.

I hereby declare that all that flip flops and supports the true codexians in this existential struggle, will not be charged with treason when the counterrevolution comes. This is a generous offer; do not decline it lightly.

Also, I implore you guys to think about this:

The conservatives are stronger in the central star systems, which contains some 60% of the population.

Probably most important governmental institutions as well as a majority of industry is situated here.
The army is also backing to conservatives more than the liberals.

Therefore, even if you lean back and just watch (e. g. voting for C) the conservatives will likely win anyhow. The only difference is that they win less overwhelming, and there is a larger amount of bloodshed and instability in the process. So instead of going against the natural flow of history, by supporting B, or voting for extending the bloodshed (that many of you were party to creating) you can work to end it all quickly and with as little pain as possible by voting A.

PS. let met congratulate the barbarian on the most realistic portrayal of AIs I have seen in any fiction I've read. The fact that AIs, e.g. computer programs, do not have an animalistic urge to dominate, or even live, unless programmed to is something most fiction writers just don't get.

Angthoron

Arcane
Maria said:
Angthoron said:

Option B

Don't you mean A?

Yes, thanks. Busy morning. Edited mah vote. It IS A.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
herostratus said:
Oh sweet codexia protect... You are like lemmings, running to your certain doom.

I hereby declare that all that flip flops and supports the true codexians in this existential struggle, will not be charged with treason when the counterrevolution comes. This is a generous offer; do not decline it lightly.

Also, I implore you guys to think about this:

The conservatives are stronger in the central star systems, which contains some 60% of the population.

Probably most important governmental institutions as well as a majority of industry is situated here.
The army is also backing to conservatives more than the liberals.

Therefore, even if you lean back and just watch (e. g. voting for C) the conservatives will likely win anyhow. The only difference is that they win less overwhelming, and there is a larger amount of bloodshed and instability in the process. So instead of going against the natural flow of history, by supporting B, or voting for extending the bloodshed (that many of you were party to creating) you can work to end it all quickly and with as little pain as possible by voting A.

PS. let met congratulate the barbarian on the most realistic portrayal of AIs I have seen in any fiction I've read. The fact that AIs, e.g. computer programs, do not have an animalistic urge to dominate, or even live, unless programmed to is something most fiction writers just don't get.

NO PAIN NO GAIN BRO

Conkrete Knight

Educated
herostratus said:

I tend to agree, however come to think of it:

Though retaining no official status as citizens, the AIs were individuals - capable of discovering and absorbing information independently of any instruction - naturally inquisitive personalities, to a fault. Inbuilt with manifold failsafe systems, they proved to be reliable, as well as able. Their core programming stripped them of the ability to harm - or by their inaction allow to be harmed - Codexian beings.

Don't our warships use A.I.?
Are they not hurting Codexians pretty active right now?

In fact it looks like we have an A.I that is in large parts is grown, not programmed, breaking one of its failsafes at a daily basis.

Nice.

madbringer

Arcane
wjw said:
Since Root deflected from his own fight... I will backflop to C.

*mumbles under his breath*

My newly discovered liberal ideals are lost, like tears in rain. Time to flip. :cool:

Flipflopflapping back to C. IN THE NAME OF CONSISTENCE!

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Conkrete Knight said:
herostratus said:

I tend to agree, however come to think of it:

Though retaining no official status as citizens, the AIs were individuals - capable of discovering and absorbing information independently of any instruction - naturally inquisitive personalities, to a fault. Inbuilt with manifold failsafe systems, they proved to be reliable, as well as able. Their core programming stripped them of the ability to harm - or by their inaction allow to be harmed - Codexian beings.

In fact it looks like we have an A.I that is in large parts is grown, not programmed, breaking one of its failsafes at a daily basis.

Nice.

I suppose you could add on the clause "unless otherwise instructed to by a ranking Codexian". It'd be very inhuman of us to create AIs that we could not use to terrorize and subjugate our own populace.

Conkrete Knight

Educated
treave said:
I suppose you could add on the clause "unless otherwise instructed to by a ranking Codexian". It'd be very inhuman of us to create AIs that we could not use to terrorize and subjugate our own populace.

So in theory anyone with sufficient knowledge could create a "kill all humans" version? Sounds dangerous.
I don't even want to think of the possibilities of viruses.

I vote for C, as well as the public execution of all those who favoured the 5-Point Plan.

Only through the fires and hardships of war can we Codexians be reborn... reborn as something different, something stronger. Something this galaxy has never seen in all the aeons of its existence and as something it will learn to fear. From the ashes of Old Codexia we shall arise... as gods amongst men... as Übermensch...

I vote for C, as well as the public execution of all those who favoured the 5-Point Plan.
Open your eyes bro. Those that favoured the 5-point plan have now flip flopped to C. You're playing their game. The only people that has a chance to remove the enemy from our midst is the conservative movement. Vote A before it is too late.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
herostratus said:
Open your eyes bro. Those that favoured the 5-point plan have now flip flopped to C. You're playing their game. The only people that has a chance to remove the enemy from our midst is the conservative movement. Vote A before it is too late.

We are innocent. We mean no harm, we only waNT THE BEST for CoDEXIA.

A vote for C IS A VOTe foR CAutiON anD PRagmaTIC thiNKinG.

praetor

Arcane
oh, gods be damned! you unthinking councilors, you! yet another senseless choice that brings doom ever closer! when will you fucking learn?!

anyway, i'm backing the faction with most power, the faction that was carrying us forward into a brighter future before root and his nefarious liberal henchmen decided to bring disaster to fair Codexia... i vote A

The Barbarian

Liturgist

Warship AIs run systems and networks - they do not technically fire any weapons. All weapon releases are conducted by living crew.

The most important ship functions continue to be the domain of its organic crew. An AI would, instead, 'oversee' the running of a vessel.

Update is forthcoming...

EDIT:

C took it away, for clarity's sake.

Conkrete Knight

Educated
The Barbarian said:

Warship AIs run systems and networks - they do not technically fire any weapons. All weapon releases are conducted by living crew.

The most important ship functions continue to be the domain of its organic crew. An AI would, instead, 'oversee' the running of a vessel.

Update is forthcoming...

Good to know, thought they were used for targeting.

Thanks.

treave said:
[..static flicker...]
Sorry treave but my secretary AI has a filter that removes all traitorous and cowardly talk as well as poor excuses so it appears I cannot receive your message at this time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom