Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Codexian Saga LP

The Commonwealth choose independance. Let them live, and die, with their mistakes. Attacking them, though they are heretics to a man, would be a mistake - we should save our righteous fury for the Hin'in.

A

Why "save our righteous fury" for the hin'in, when we could unleash it NOW? Doing it now rather than later will, in addition to being a moral virtue (procrastinating is sloth, a mortal sin), let us fight with the strength of the commonwealth forces added to our own. If we lose the commonwealth to the hin'in, the population will sabotage the occupiers, and they will look to us as liberators rather than tyrants when we inevitably reclaim their lands.

Really, the war will come no matter what we do - the question is only whether we fight it now or later. Conan mentioned that the commo forces are almost as strong as our own, meaning that fighting now lets us fight with almost double the strength.

Saemon

Novice
Humans must stand together against Xenos. Just maybe this conflict will bring Commonwealth closer to us and we will be much stronger with our joined fleets.

B

The Commonwealth is our rival and our enemy. Playing them against the Hin'in while preserving our forces is to our advantage. The enemy of your enemy is not always your friend, but they can be useful tools.

I don't think that aiding the Commonwealth would be a disaster, but we would be better off from letting them take the blows that we might share.

taplonaplo

Scholar
I would agree were it not for our previous war with them. I don't know exactly how are forces match to our former fleets, but the idea i got was that we are weaker than we were before the Hin'in conflict. Honestly i don't think they would stop after the Commo, and i doubt the time they buy us would be enough to stand against the Hin'in alone.

wjw

Augur
We lost the war against the Hi'in because of the common wealth...

REMEMBER OUR PAST!
This is their just punishment.

C

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Brothers, do our religious texts not state that the bugs must die?

Are our God and / or Gods not resolute that we must smite these foul beings from existence?

Here we must make a decision. I propose we stand hand-in-hand with our fellow Human Brothers and smite this threat with the full force of Human capability.

Our actions will no doubt show our fellow Humans the righteous way of our beliefs and provide us many opportunity to convert them to our cause. Here, we can convert them with our actions. We know the threat the bugs pose and we have a clear course of action in our doctrines.

Our fellow Humans are under the false belief they can have "peace" with the non-Humans. We know that is not true. We know that will never be true.

Brothers! Stand with me and vote B. Let our actions speak loudly and the guns on our ships blaze resolutely against the xeno threat so that we may set the order in this galaxy and / or galaxies.

B

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
B

These Hin'in guys are very keen on separating foes into pieces and conquering them 1 by 1. We can't ignore this, and there's no reason why we should favor them over our misguided human brethren.

Luan

Educated
wjw said:
We lost the war against the Hi'in because of the common wealth...

REMEMBER OUR PAST!
This is their just punishment.

C
Your lust for retribution is admirable but misguided. Remember, we are not the old guard of former Codexia.

I vote B, it is the best way to herd our misguided flock to our divine embrace.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Only now do our misguided, faithless brothers suffer the treacherous xenos for what they are. Only now may they see their folly in not aiding the crusade to vanquish the Hin'in threat so long ago. And now the hidden hand of the Hin'in has brought upon them war where they did not seek it.

Day by day, these aliens grow opulent and arrogant, these four-eyed midget tyrants and their spindly insectoid lackeys. Our grit brought them to a grinding halt back in the great war before the Commonwealth betrayed the Just Cause.

But we are followers of Santi Maria. We forgive. Are not all humans the children of Santi Maria, born to prosecute a crusade against the despicable and disgusting xeno? Here it is time to show the Commonwealth that, no matter our differences, we always extend a hand to help a brother in need. No matter our differences, we consider them our brothers. And in turn we hope that they will consider us brothers as well. For is it not wrote in the scriptures of David and Goliath, battling back to back against the foul demons of hell?

So we fight. We make a stand. Here and now, we shall sow the seeds of the rebirth of humanity. The Hin'in have forgotten the terror we inflicted upon their fleets in ages past. Let them remember it again.

B. Aid our brethren, purge the alien.

Nickless

Educated
B is where this society has been headed since day one. Humanity will be united by our mutual conflict against the alien scourge. As it once splintered us in two, so shall it unify us now.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
B

We are not the treacherous commonweathers. We will not abandon our fellow humans in the face of the 4-eyes midget threat!

laclongquan

Arcane
As I stated earlier, the Raumens outlive my tolerance. It's time to kill me some bugs.

And in this neck of the woods, if there's anyone doing the human-extermination it's gonna be us. So let human being killed by aliens is right the fuck out.

And in jumping in with Commonwealth, our relationships between the two of us will get sweeter which mean the hope of reuniting into one great NCR is rekindled. And maybe they will corrupt our dear fanatics into good ol proper citizens of the Old Republic. Very fitting with my over domestic strategy.

So yes, My Vote is gonna be jumping in bed with the commo.
BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

Conkrete Knight

Educated
If we wait we could link our meddeling to demands, like a change(or rather an introduction)of the commonwealths state religion.

That would however be like playing roulette, the russian type, as we do not know if the Hin'in could be repelled by our righteous warriors alone.

And would Santi Maria want us to gamble?

No

Gambling is sin.

So B it is, let us help our soon to be brethren.

praetor

Arcane
codexianity needs to stand united and strong to face the Hin'in. we were united when we first faced them and were on the verge of losing. do you really think we have a chance against them (especially now that they had plenty of time to study/spy us) while divided by ideologies and politics?

no... let us gain more strength and resources. conquer the traitorous scum so that supremacy through unity can be achieved! vote for C!

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
praetor is a traitor to the whatever-the-fuck-our-religion-is! Guards, sieze him!

praetor

Arcane
root said:
praetor said:
codexianity needs to stand united and strong to face the Hin'in. we were united when we first faced them and were on the verge of losing. do you really think we have a chance against them (especially now that they had plenty of time to study/spy us) while divided by ideologies and politics?

no... let us gain more strength and resources. conquer the traitorous scum so that supremacy through unity can be achieved! vote for C!

i was being serious here, councillor pseudopod-visage, if you want us to stand united why are you voting for codexia to join the hin'in against mankind? i think you might have made a typo there, no?

i am of the opinion that a shaky alliance between 2 ideologically and politically very distant factions isn't a good idea. we need to conquer and subdue them before the hin'in can make a decisive move for their territories so we can increase our strength/numbers. then we'll probably have a bit of time to reorganize and regroup 'cause the psychotubbies will have to reassess the situation and rethink their strategy. we need to weed out the weak so only the bravest and strongest will face the telemidgets.

and i like the commo even less than i like the hin'in and/or the bugs. there's a reason why the bottom circle of hell is reserved for traitorous scum.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom