Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Codexian Saga LP

Conkrete Knight

Educated
Ulminati said:
Isn't pictures of Pia Kjærsgaard pretty much like invoking Godwin's Law?

(For the non-danes in the crowd, she's a lovely little neo-nazi who pretty much has the danish PMs balls in a vice)

Na, only if I would have called him a Nutzy.

What I am saying is basically "man up and make Pia proud", so no Godwyn.

And to be honest, in comparison to what we have become, dear old Pia seems like a cute fluffy kitten.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
We tried to with the teddy bears, but some of the fags in command didn't have the testes to follow through.

Conkrete Knight

Educated
root said:
what? what have we done? The Codexian State hasn't commited a single act of genocide or ruthless cruelty in all its years of existence. Quite the opposite, in fact.

Not to forget our loving care for unbelievers in our midst, or our ability to solve problems by words rather than force, as proved by what is known as "the great discussion" in the aftermath of the first Hin'in conflict.
:smug:

BA + A

Let's wait, build our military and get the force fields. Even if they end up useless for military porpouses, I'm sure we can make somekind of tech with industrial or civilian uses. Let the Hin'in focuse on the Raumen and the Bron. The Commos are too weak to do anything, so we won't have any help.

My fellow friends, I'm proud of this mighty Respublica. With our acts, we just saved the human race. Some might say we only saved the Commonwealth, but I disagree. If the Commos fell, we would be right next in the queue. Only we have the right to defeat the Commonwealth. If they strike during our preparations, they will lose. If not, then we will fight the Hin'in if they get weakened enough to allow a strike.

Nickless

Educated
Ugh, guys voting BA, you're going to push us towards another economic collapse. If we go with BB + A and get shielding tech, we won't need such a massive military to perform well. We already have like, 500 ships, it will be unnecessary to continue producing more with the aliens fighting amongst themselves and the commo otherwise recovering from their bitter defeat. If we let the economy recover now, we'll be better off, and when the dust finally settles and the bloodied, battered victor emerges, we'll still be in a fresh position to strike at them. I'd only suggest producing more ships if we were going AA

praetor

Arcane
^what nickless said. if you morons are stupid enought to vote for a retarded (in this case... since this would be a golden chance to severly weaken, if not utterly destroy, our archrivals (a chance that will not occur again.. especially since we proved to be little more than their equal with odds 2:1 against their reserve force, and the commo was so severly weakened that we could hold 'em off with a half-depleted reserve force... not to mention the assistance we'd get afterward (if the commo are stupid enough to attack) from the raumen+bron+amoneth if we pursue option AA+B) BA option then this mentally handicapped theocracy deserves to die. actually, fuck it. let me contribute to the retardedness: i flip flop to BA+A so hopefully this shitty codexia dies already

laclongquan

Arcane
Change of plan! Never let up when enemies are entangled with each other. Beside, it's a great chance to wage war on Raumen territories and not on human's sphere of influence. We need the Hiin battered and bloodied so that they dont even think about messing with humans for 1 century. That is the time we will have the leisure of Reconquista.

We need all of them exhausted before we can even think about cleaning house. Or humankind will stare at an invasion armada on our border just when both sides will have been weakened from war.

You dont actually think ambitious Hiin or cunning Raumen will let us alone during that time, do you?

laclongquan

Arcane
One: we defeat the Raumen. The Raumen lost to Hiin. No reason at all to think they will or can prolong their rebellions. Without our intervention the Hiin will crush them expeditously with ease.

Two: we know nothing about the new player. We cant bet our Reconquista on such unknown factor. Hope for the best but plan for the worst. The worst is that this new player got sucker in by Raumen as their meatshield and distractor. And they will be defeated quickly.

Three: Hiin show every sign of an ambitious player. War with them is inevitable. Now is the best time to engage since we got two nominal allies on our side, not like the last time. Let's hope like hell the Commo will recover quiclky and join us all.

War is NOW!

Luan

Educated
Where do you get this notion that they are "allies". The Respublica doesn't have allies. Especially NOT xenos. This should be blatantly clear from our foundation.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The Respublica was founded on the solitary truth of the universe; the only thing that Codexianity can rely on, is Codexianity itself, clothed in the purifying rays of Santi Maria.

:salute:

anus_pounder

Arcane
Which is why I don't think we should charge in Rau territory. The Commo is down but not out, I don't want any suprise buttsecks. That and I'm still convinced we can't take on the Hin'in, distracted or not.

laclongquan

Arcane
I am shocked, SHOCKED to hear that Codexia has no allies. Of course we have no ally. We are using Raumen and the unknown player to distract the Hiin while we move in for the kill. The goal is not Hiin total destruction, since I dont think we can do that in near future. The goal is to kick them out of some Raumen space, making bugs the buffer between them and us. We dont need those stinking mindreader, better-in-warfare ambitious expansionist as a neighbour.

And dont kid yourself. The Raumen doesnt consider us their ally either. We are mutually using each other.

But saying it out loud is too crude. So of course, the Raumen is our steadfast ally.

Capiche?

All this talk of focusing on the economy is decadent, commo, apostate blather. The entire strengt of our society lies in the fact that we can ignore most of the physical aspect of our wellbeing - we do not need to divert scarce resources to constant supplies of corrupting consumer goods. Our strength lies in our unity of purpose; our populace will happily forgo some bodily pleasure to serve the greater codexian goals. Thus we can dedicate our entire strength to shipbuilding without the undisciplined rioting of the spoiled commos.

I agree that we were not always like this. But now that we have gone down this road we bloody well have to continue walking it, since it is the only advantage we got.

Therefore, dedicate our entire strength to shipbuilding.

Regarding the war, I think it is only reasonable that we join the war against them. Not to aid the Raumen, but because they are an existential threat and we need to make pretty damn sure they are beaten.

On the question of Amoneth contact or new tech, I am conflicted but will root for Amoneth contact to satiate my curiosity. I would assume new tech is the best powergaming choice though.

Vote AA + B

obediah

Erudite
herostratus said:
All this talk of focusing on the economy is decadent, commo, apostate blather. The entire strengt of our society lies in the fact that we can ignore most of the physical aspect of our wellbeing - we do not need to divert scarce resources to constant supplies of corrupting consumer goods. Our strength lies in our unity of purpose; our populace will happily forgo some bodily pleasure to serve the greater codexian goals.

Throughout our exploration of the stars, our greatest missteps have been the results of chancellors voting to turn the path of an empire on a dime of their own moral whim with no consideration of the magnitude of the ship we so humbly attempt to steer.

laclongquan

Arcane
Yet on the brink of another interstellar war, just when we gained a litle bit advantage, you all want to reduce shipbuilding.

Anyone remember the debacle of the last Hiin war when we reduce the strength of our army?

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I for one also remember the debacle of trying to push through the pain barrier by ignoring the economy... it created the damn Commonwealth in the first place.

laclongquan

Arcane
Nono, the birth of Commo is the result of tender bleeding hearts of liberals on our part. We felt that send troops down to crush the secession is ... wrong somehow so we didnt.

I learnt that lesson well. No more bleeding heart. Cold intellect remains.

obediah

Erudite
laclongquan said:
Yet on the brink of another interstellar war, just when we gained a litle bit advantage, you all want to reduce shipbuilding.

You need to work on your English, dear.

re "you all want to reduce shipbuilding"

1. I voted to focus on shipbuilding

2. 14/21 votes have been to focus on shipbuilding

BA 9 votes
AA 5 votes
BB 5 votes
AB 2 votes (now these people are fucking retarded and should be excised from the voting pool)

The reason why we lost so hard last time had nothing to do with the economy, and everything to do with not committing to the choice we made. We had chosen war, but instead focused on the economy in the middle of it. As a result we failed on both counts.

It is the same situation now. We chose war, and we need to commit to that choice. What you are suggesting - first piss the hin'in off by warring with them, and then leaving them alone - is the same kind of half-assed choice that led us into this mess. If the hin'in does manage to suppress the rebellion, they will come for us later - and this time they won't have any internal rebellion to worry about. Therefore we need to make sure that the hin'in are crushed. We cannot rely on the alien, or the commo, to do this. We need to do this ourselves.

As Machiavelli said,
Machiavelli said:
Upon this, one has to remark that men ought either to be well treated or crushed, because they can avenge themselves of lighter injuries, of more serious ones they cannot; therefore the injury that is to be done to a man ought to be of such a kind that one does not stand in fear of revenge.

Nickless

Educated
A war effort doesn't just function on ships, it needs support. When you start trying to manufacture ships at the expense of the system that supports the manufacturing process, you only have a limited amount of time before it collapses in on itself. We've had a military build up for a long-time since tensions started to rise with the Commonwealth, ease it down now when our enemies are otherwise occupied, and when they've weakened each other sufficiently, they'll be near economic collapse with a battered force, while we'll still have a good sized navy and functioning economy to devastate them all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom