Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Codexian Saga LP

Is there any way for us to know whether he lies or not? There must some way we can try to confirm or falsify at least some of his statements.

Personally I'd guess he's not lying though, if only because Conan recognizes that we have fucked up codexia so hard that we need a reset button.

If he is not lying, I'd go with Agree. We would trade a big, strong neighboring bully with expansionist tendencies with the fractured and fairly passive jewbugs. Not only that but the Bron, which will probably become the next strong player in the universe, is on the other side og hin'in space, which is a much more comfortable distance.

wjw

Augur
This so called "plan" has TRAP written all over it.

Besides, we would win very little. Our Holy nation distrusts xeno's and with good reason, as yet again they try to trick us. So we will not gain additional trade, nor allies.

Decline.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I urge you all to :decline: this madness. Even if it's not a trap, the Raumen are basically asking us to sacrifice the brave sons of the Respublica to buy their freedom. Let's not forget it was the Raumens civil war that led to the first Hi'in-Codexian wars.

Our glorious Respublica is founded on the sound principles of Love, Piety and Unrelenting Hatred of the Unclean. Do not betray the publics trust in us by throwing in with the Alien Menace!

Adolf_Hitler_Hideki_tojo_Propaganda_poster.jpg

I too hate agreeing with the xenos, but the Barbarian hasn't offered us the chance to decline to their proposal while still assaulting the Hin'in occupying Raumen space.

Do you merely want to push them from our borders, or do you want to expand those very same borders?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Undead Phoenix said:
I too hate agreeing with the xenos, but the Barbarian hasn't offered us the chance to decline to their proposal while still assaulting the Hin'in occupying Raumen space.

Do you merely want to push them from our borders, or do you want to expand those very same borders?

All in good time, brother. IF the Raumen turn out to be sincere, and an uprising DOES occur, nothing's stopping us from dispensing a little Codexian Justice™ of our own while they're distracted. But we definately don't want to be the instigators that bear the brunt of their wrath.

Remember we are the protectors of the Marianite way of life. Consider how hard it was for the Faithful to bear cooperation with the Commie filth. Now ask yourself: Will they not rightfully feel betrayed if we ask them to die for the xeno?

:decline: is what our Goddess would want.

taplonaplo

Scholar
The more casualties on xeno side the merrier for us. Why the hell would want to minimize their losses, let them bleed each other first, and strike when we have the upper hand!
We simply cannot lose anything with declining their offer. And the payoff of agreeing seems unpromising considering our whole anti xeno agenda among our people.

Conkrete Knight

Educated
So there are plans to take down the Hin'in?
And we are invited as meatshields?
Should we agree this is going to be hard to sell to the populace.
That, and the fact that we are going to lose ships, ships we could use to get the commos back in the fold as soon as this skirmish is over with.

Seriously, what could we win?
The Bugs and the Bros would probably look kinder on us, which is pretty irrelevant as we hate them.
The Hin'in would be seriously weakened, but if we do not act the plans to weaken them would not disappear.
We could always join in later.

On the other hand, my guts screams for blood.
And should we succeed our neighbours would once again be Raumenei, certainly a softer target than the Hin'in.

On a completly different note: THE BUGS KNOW OUR MILITARY SECRETS?
:x

Inquisition please?

In conclusion: Would we have a different governement, I would agree. As things are know, us being Xenophobic cholerics: Na, I don't think so.

Decline

Ps: Funny thing being I would have been all out offensive had the bugs kept their trap shut, oh well :roll:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Conkrete Knight said:
On a completly different note: THE BUGS KNOW OUR MILITARY SECRETS?
:x

Inquisition please?

:thumbsup:

I'll donate some inquisitors to the Respublica from my personal retinue

TheInquisition.jpg

ciaphas.jpg
Fear not, brave sons of the Respublica! We will root out the racial traitors who seek to betray us to the xeno scum!

:salute:

laclongquan

Arcane
No question, it's a nobrainer decision.

If the Raumen lie (ie a Hiin strategy to get us overextend) we are going to bleed on those buggy systems and might well be destroyed strategically by a Homeworld raiding.

If the Raumen say the truth we are still going to bleed on those buggy system just to restore those bugs to independence. And then what? I resolve that the Raumen has outlived my patience. I havent forgotten that resolve.

All in all I recommend we push them back out of human borders. This is still not the time for invaded Raumeni space.
BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

The Barbarian

Liturgist
s there any way for us to know whether he lies or not? There must some way we can try to confirm or falsify at least some of his statements.

The problem lies in that it would take weeks, if not months, to 'verify' the information. And that cannot possibly rule out manipulation thereof. Vae Victis, on the other hand, is due to set off within days. You have timed it in a way that a significant portion of Hin'in strength in the sector should be AWOL. Wait much longer, and they will re-organize their forces.

The 'stop at Neumann' option does not rule out a subsequent invasion of occupied Raumen space on your own terms.

meeneque

Liturgist
Codex 2013 Wasteland 2
B

Let's be consistent. We must not help infidels!!!
Even if we wanted to, there are no substantial evidence to support existence of those 'Bron' (and if there was they should've shown it to us in first place).
Let them burn and bleed

The Barbarian said:

The 'stop at Neumann' option does not rule out a subsequent invasion of occupied Raumen space on your own terms.
In this case I change my vote to :decline:

My reasons are already mentioned. Why should we die to further the goals of the Raumen dogs?

The Barbarian

Liturgist
B - Undead Phoenix
B - Ulminati
A - anus_pounder
B - taplonaplo
B - Nickless
A - Azira
B - Luan
B - wjw
B - root
A - praetor
B - The Brazilian Slaughter
B - Conkrete Knight
B - laclongquan
B - meeneque
A - Sergiu64
B - Donaroriak

B comfortably takes it.

The update will take a little while, but you can expect it in around twelve hours.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
:thumbsup:

Now we can only hope it was a trap and the Commies fall for it. The dumber we make them look, the swifter they will return to the fold

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom