Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls Discussion Thread

Gerrard

Arcane
DS3 has useless magic
You can literally kill every strong enemy in the game with one cast of a spell while they cannot see you and you can kill the final boss in like 5-6 casts.

You shitter.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
But DS3 is the third of a series and a game by From and it's trite, uninspired, and clearly something put out without much love as contractual obligation of a trilogy for their publisher, Bamco.

This, 100%. To be clear, this is utterly normal for vast majority of devs, shitting out games without much thought or care, but it's painful coming from From.

It's like if Cyberpunk 2077 turned out to be just a serviceable light RPG shooter and nothing more. Coming from Ubisoft that'd be fine but for CDPR fans it'd be a crushing disappointment.

oldbonebrown

Arcane
I'm thinking of giving 4 jewro to Bamco for dis brazen scam just so that I can grind through all the achievements again.
Does anyone have any suggestions for spicing up another playthrough? I feel like I have exhausted the game almost fully

oldbonebrown

Arcane
I guess I could do broken straight sword and hollow armour only, could be fun.
Any other suggestions like that?
Already done some runs like bow only, low level caestus only and sl1 up to ng+3 or 4 (where 4 kings decidedly put an end to the fun)
I think no bonfire and no death runs would be a bit too annoying for me. I like not having to focus on the game too much.
I've tried no death several times but I always end up walking off some stupid edge somewhere before I even get to O&S

Last edited:

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
After playing Sekiro when it came out and replaying DS1 and 2(played DS3 and Bloodborne again a few times last year). I had an itch for more Souls like games. Didn't feel like playing through LoTF or Surge again. So I ended up buying Immortal Unchained for very cheap. And I am glad I bought it for cheap. It's utter shit. Worse than shit. Just makes me appreciate From Software even more. Anyone else play Immortal Unchained? It will make you love Dark Souls 1,2,3, Bloodborne and Sekiro even more.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
After playing Sekiro when it came out and replaying DS1 and 2(played DS3 and Bloodborne again a few times last year). I had an itch for more Souls like games. Didn't feel like playing through LoTF or Surge again. So I ended up buying Immortal Unchained for very cheap. And I am glad I bought it for cheap. It's utter shit. Worse than shit. Just makes me appreciate From Software even more. Anyone else play Immortal Unchained? It will make you love Dark Souls 1,2,3, Bloodborne and Sekiro even more.
Blade/Severance.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That feeling when you remember there's no pc port of Demon's Souls and probably never will be.
:negative:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
That feeling when you remember there's no pc port of Demon's Souls and probably never will be.
Play on emulators. It's the same thing as if they ported it, their port wouldn't be any better. Besides, they shut down the servers for PS3. But the emulator version has matchmaking servers up and running, unless the project was dropped.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Wtf are you talking about, emulator is fucking shit. You have to run through every level once to load up the shaders, how the fuck is it acceptable to suffer through this laggy, jerky, crackling mess?

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I have DS on PS3. It's still my favourite of them all. And the online has been revived(not officially). But there is a community server for Demon's Souls now. And all regions can play together now.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Play on emulators. It's the same thing as if they ported it, their port wouldn't be any better. Besides, they shut down the servers for PS3. But the emulator version has matchmaking servers up and running, unless the project was dropped.
The online community server is still up and running.

oldbonebrown

Arcane
The absolute hubris of me to think that I'm still good enough at this game to do ridiculous challenge runs. I spent the four pieces of silver on the remake and have been playing it for a couple of hours. Instead of the hollow-gear only run I had imagined I'm running child mask, grass crest shield on the back, zweihander, havels ring & whatever armour I feel pretty in for the moment. Been summoning for every boss I could, had to beat seath all on my own though. Fun gemu.
The remake is alright, certainly looks better than the first port with dsfix. I can actually see the radius of the various boss AoE attacks now, what a concept.

Last edited:

cruel

Cipher
Did they ever fix broken armor textures in the remake?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom