Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Infinite farming of Giant Lord is seriously broken. I'm surprised they haven't patched this yet. Then again the duping glitch from DeS and the infinite use of consumables from DaS1 haven't been fixed either.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is there incentive to farm the Giant Lord? Since at that point when it comes to farming you also have access to Ascetic Dragon Aerie.

It's extremely fast and easy. At max difficulty I'm getting ~500,000 souls from him with full soul farming gear. You get infinite divine blessings, twinkling titanite and bonfire ascetics. If you get GRS and have some very basic dodging skills you'll be killing him every 5 minutes or so. He spams 2 attacks over and over one of which is blockable so there's really very little chance of dying here.
Personally I suppose I'd still go with Aerie, given how it covers all your mats, gives Elizabeth 'shrooms, and +160k Souls. Mostly for the mats really.

Does the bonfire past the King's Gate that leads up to the Giant Lord (that's the one, isn't it?) affect anything else at all?

praetor

Arcane
i still do. it's like sen's less interesting, dumber supermario brother. even bowser is there as an enemy. such a clusterfuck (the above video presents the only redeeming qualities of the level. that's, of course, my personal opinion)

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
i still do. it's like sen's less interesting, dumber supermario brother. even bowser is there as an enemy. such a clusterfuck (the above video presents the only redeeming qualities of the level. that's, of course, my personal opinion)

A PvP playground where I can dip people into the lava is all the redeeming that level needs.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yeah but that is my problem with Iron Keep (and a few other levels) which werealmost specificaly designed for PVP.
In Dark Souls you could say "hey wouldn't this area be cool for ganking?" Places like Sen's or having some dueling areas like the Kilin but players liked those fully funtional understandable levels and used them for that while places like IK are beyond retarded as anything but PVP arenas. I mean the plataforms are fun and all but from a level design viewpoint they are stupid.
For all the butthurt over Sens it is supossed to be a death trap to prove your worth before going to AL so at least it has a lorewise explination but IK? Who would design a castle with droping plataforms ffs? If they where some sort of iron furnaces where the ore would be melted yeah it would have a bit more sense besides a PVP hevan

DragoFireheart

Yeah but that is my problem with Iron Keep (and a few other levels) which werealmost specificaly designed for PVP.
In Dark Souls you could say "hey wouldn't this area be cool for ganking?" Places like Sen's or having some dueling areas like the Kilin but players liked those fully funtional understandable levels and used them for that while places like IK are beyond retarded as anything but PVP arenas. I mean the plataforms are fun and all but from a level design viewpoint they are stupid.
For all the butthurt over Sens it is supossed to be a death trap to prove your worth before going to AL so at least it has a lorewise explination but IK? Who would design a castle with droping plataforms ffs? If they where some sort of iron furnaces where the ore would be melted yeah it would have a bit more sense besides a PVP hevan

:retarded:

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Why yeah Drago; you look at a place like AL; with its walkways and grand churches it looks like it was designed to be a fully functional place based on the context of the game. Its entrances, pathways and design have real life logic to begin with, then they added the designed level structure as going up the rampants, going inside the broken windows etc.
In Iron Keep could you explain to me the functionality of the droping plataforms? Were they designed because the Iron King would round up undead and drop them down the lava? Maybe he would watch from his throneroom and play tick tack toe.
If they had designed the place as a ruined half sunk castle they would have added broken stonemasory which forced you to move arround the place, jumping through plaaces like a half sunk in castle armory or throne room, maybe the dungeon...but as it is it has NO sense at all other than for saying "hey boys and girls, this is your new favorite ganking areas full of deathtraps and firey shit"

I finally gave Great Resonant Soul a try and holy shit it needs a nerf. It's sorcery = easymode taken to the next level. Throne Watcher/Defender both died from ~10 casts on NG+. Since nerfing pyro, it's much harder to cheese Queen Rashondala now.

DragoFireheart

In Iron Keep could you explain to me the functionality of the droping plataforms? Were they designed because the Iron King would round up undead and drop them down the lava?

You gotta get rid of those damn undead somehow!

LivingOne

Savant
Any idea if that's the boxed version only, or all versions?
Dark Souls 2′s PC release at retail in the UK has been delayed to May 2, Bandai Namco has confirmed.

The confirmation follows and earlier report that According to users on NeoGAF, Amazon UK had notified pre-order customers the game would not be released on April 25 as planned, but May 2 instead.

ShopTo also changed the release date on its website to May 2.

MCV was told by a Bandai Namco representative that only the retail version was delayed in the UK to May 2. The digital release is unaffected and will release on April 25 as planned.

“This is only affecting the UK on the boxed release of the game,” said the representative. “It will be delayed unfortunately and we apologize to UK customers.

“This is due to a manufacturing issue with packaging. To confirm, this will only affect the UK boxed launch.”

Again, the delay does not apply to North American customers.

http://www.vg247.com/2014/04/15/dark-souls-2-pc-releae-date-moved-to-may-2-report/

This is it bros, my spergin' days are (hopefully) over. 100% platinum on all 3 souls games on PS3. My first ever and last consoletard spree. I still can't believe I stooped so low as to get a PS3 just to play Demon's Souls. I am the decline.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Such a shame damn capcom never brought Dragon's Dogma to the PC, with higher res textures, resolutions and AA options it seemed to me it could have proven a surprise hit for them on the PC
But they seem pretty keen on making what is it now 6 versions of Stree Fighter?

DragoFireheart

Such a shame damn capcom never brought Dragon's Dogma to the PC, with higher res textures, resolutions and AA options it seemed to me it could have proven a surprise hit for them on the PC
But they seem pretty keen on making what is it now 6 versions of Stree Fighter?

Crapcom gonna Crapcom.

I heard a women got PTSD from working on Dragon's Dogma.

DD is 10 times better than Skyshit yet Bethesda crap sells pass 20 million. the fuck is wrong with this world:negative:

if you could mod DD it would be easily 10/10. If you could co-op with other players not only with their pawns it would my ultimate crpg:fuuyeah:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Dragon's Dogma would sell like hotcakes especially on Steam. Just imagine the faces of all the kids when they read the feature list and it says that you can CLIMB ON DRAGONS AS THEY FLY AROUND WHOAAAA but seriously it is kinda cool. I started a New Game in DA a few days ago and had somehow forgotten how good Bitterblack Isle is. To be honest I think BI might be a lot better and harder than the whole of DaS2.

LivingOne

Savant
"See that Dragon?You can climb it!"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom