Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Soloing is just as viable as playing with pawns. Don't see how hard it would be to pull off a Fighter with the right augments. Warrior is a piece of shit though and don't see why anyone would want to play one other than to get the Strength aug. I just got to the Gazer on my level 51 Sorc and find it a lot more challenging than DaS2 was with any of my characters. Individual shit mobs like the Hobgoblins are whatever, but the boss fights are a lot more interesting imo.
The environment itself is also very cool and spooky. DaS2 had a serious lack of spooky.

Edit: I feel like an idiot but I mixed up the Warrior and Fighter vocations.

Last edited:

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Edit: I feel like an idiot but I mixed up the Warrior and Fighter vocations.

Warrior is better than Fighter in a few aspects.

Wow, people are still playing this? Blast from the past, for me.

I'm still playing.

Analysis of the Warrior class

(Note: all of this applies to Hard Mode. Because real men play Hard Mode!)

First of all, ignore any morons that this class is the worst class. What they probably mean is they played too much CoD with auto-aim and bitch that mass Effect doesn't let you skip battles.

Warriors are the most difficult class to use and master.

You'll feel like you're playing a fighting game (like Street Fighter...) while playing as the warrior. You will be timing attacks, canceling out moves, and performing lots of jump attacks. Make sure that when you make your warrior he's heavy (90+ kg). Make sure he isn't too short, but he does not need to be tall (mine is 180 cm).

Leveling

Fighter: 1-10
Warrior: 11-100

101-200
For highest HPs: Fighter or Mystic.
For highest Attack: Assassin.
For balanced attack/defense and high Stamina: Warrior.

The Warrior class has a weird bug where they gain 5 hp and 15 stamina after level 100. It's odd because they changed the Mystic Archer's stat growth post 100 in Dark Arisen but didn't touch the warrior.

To get the most HPs, you need to level as either a Fighter or a Mystic Knight. Fighter gets 3 defense per level, while Mystic Knight gets 1 defense and 1 magic defense. Fighter is the best choice: thankfully this isn't a huge deal since you need to level the Fighter for some augments anyways.

If you REALLY don't want more HPs, level as an Assassin for 3 attack per level, or stay as a warrior for 2 attack and 2 defense.

Basic Attacks

Warriors ground basic attacks are slow, but decent. The regular light attacks have a nice wide range and are good for smacking groups of enemies. The strong attack is good for slower enemies you want to skewer, but nothing impressive. Their climbing attack is actually fairly decent and is not as worthless as one would think. It's not a Hundred Kisses or a Dire Gouge, but it's better than the Fighter's wimpy swings.

Now, for aerial attacks... Warriors have the best air attacks in the game.

Their heavy air attack does a very good job of smashing light enemies and will likely stagger them. However, the crown jewel of the Warrior is the light air attack. It executes very quick, has a fairly wide range, hits low enough to hit enemies on the ground (assuming even level terrain. If they are below you it can miss), and hits excessily high.
Harpies? Psh, smack those bitches out of the air.
Don't want to climb that Cyclops? Just jump up and smack him!

Master the light air attack and you will master the warrior class.

Killing individual enemies is best done with the light air attack. If you have issues hitting them, use either the heavy air attack or Exodus Slash. Speaking of that skill...

Skills

Most of the skills are bad: they are too slow or don't offer anything good for the warrior. Corona doesn't seem to hit a wide enough area and the delay is annoying. Pommel Bash is too short range. Whirlwind is decent but doesn't offer anything beyond high stagger (Which Lash and even Exodus can do better or as well) and it's a bit slow. Rest of the skills are shit. The skill setup I use is the following:

Exodus Slash

Savage/Indomitable/Calamitous Lash

Arc of Might/Deliverance/Obliteration

Exodus slash solves two key issues with the warrior: lack of defensive maneuvers, and lack of quick ground attacks. Exodus slash is basically a backwards step with a wide horizontal swing. Press the button again and your warrior will dash forward slightly, shove the enemy, and then swing at them. This second part has a sort of auto-aim and will target the closet enemy. The first part can be used for dodging attacks as it has invincibility frames. A neat technique you can do is execute the first part, start the second part, but before the swing you can cancel it by jumping. You can also use Exodus Slash to cancel regular light attacks. Exodus Slash, when mastered, is great for killing smaller enemies that you can't hit with the light air attack and dodging attacks. It's not as good as a shield or rolling, but it can work.

X Lash is a charge move. You sit in place, charge your attack for 2-3 seconds, and then smash face. Use it when you need a damage boost but don't have enough time to use an Arc Of X move. Note that you can cancel it by jumping (seeing a pattern?) and you seem to gain more knockdown/stagger resistance.

Arc of X is a powerful move where you charge for 10 seconds and then unleash hell. You can move around while charging it. Go youtube some warrior videos to get an idea of how amazing this skill can be. It's very easy to one-shot most enemies with this, but it should be reserved for bosses. Well placed Arcs can annihilate most of the enemies and is one of the reasons for playing a warrior. Like Lash, you seem to gain knockdown/stagger resistance. Killing an Ogre in 1-2 Arcs is one of the most satisfying feelings in the game.

In terms of fighting enemies:

If it's 3+ times bigger than you, use light air attack, Arc, or Lash depending on the context (moving around, knocked down, charging a attack, etc).
If the enemy is about as big as you but slow, use Lash or Exodus.
If the enemy is faster than you, use the light air attack or Exodus.
For wolf like enemies, use Exodus.
For harpies, use light air attack.
For Saurien, you still want to cut off their tail. A well placed heavy air attack will do nicely.

With the charge skills, there's a augment that reduces damage while charging. Speaking of which...

Augments

Augments are pretty simple for the warrior. I use the following:

Vehemence
Clout

Ditto. They make you hit harder. Vehemence requires Fighter class level 5. They stack, which will give you a total strength boost of 32% (1.1 * 1.2).

Ferocity
Eminence

Ferocity Improves all of your basic, non-skill attacks, while Eminence makes your basic air attacks stronger. Both stack which means your air attacks will take off nice chunks of life from whatever you hit. Eminence requires Strider class level 5. Again, they stack like the strength skills.

Temerity

While charging an attack, you take 50% less damage. I feel that there will be times when an Exodus Slash won't be able to protect you. Sometimes, you'll need to eat a hit. With this perk, you can quickly charge a Lash (yes, enough on hard mode) and just exchange hits with whatever is hitting you. A good example are the sword-n-board bandits. They have some attacks that hit hilariously hard and can one shot you. However, with proper armor and this perk, you CAN survive the hit and just smack them back. Most lighter enemies will get sent flying. Since you can pause at almost anytime to heal, you can 'tank" hits.

For the last augment, it's your choice. If you want more defense, take Bastion. If you want to carry more stuff and/or more mobility, Sinew or Leg-Strength.

Now go and smash shit!

k9ypt5.jpg

r1hjc1.jpg

flf3w6.jpg

a bit biased but there were things DD did exceptionally good
29efztx.jpg

:troll:

80Maxwell08

Arcane
Well I now have a +5 Drangleic Sword so I don't need the Bastard Sword for physical damage anymore. What should I do with it now? Here's my stats.

Vigor: 20
Endurance: 30
Vitality: 30
Attunment: 4
Strength: 40
Dexterity: 30
Adaptability: 40
Intelligence: 3
Faith: 6

Also I have plenty of petrified dragon bones so is there anything good to use those on without using any bonfire ascetics?

80Maxwell08

Arcane
So between those two which one do I go for? Also of course it would be that bow when I used the soul on another weapon because I was going for getting all the soul trades.

Machocruz

Arcane
This is it bros, my spergin' days are (hopefully) over. 100% platinum on all 3 souls games on PS3. My first ever and last consoletard spree. I still can't believe I stooped so low as to get a PS3 just to play Demon's Souls. I am the decline.

Yo, can you let me hold on to your Bladestone weapon for a few seconds? Tired of trying to get the pure stone to drop.

i just noticed after +90hours on my str/faith build that i have that fucking lizard staff.i think gonna respec character:troll: also with what infuse MLGS? magic or enchanted or dark? hex build:troll:

Last edited:

praetor

Arcane
Magic, of course. didn't they remove infusions from major league gaming sword? or was it the buffing?

80Maxwell08
i'd respec a bit and reinvest 20pts from Adp to something else (like vigor and Dex :)). and another vote for the Curved Dragon GS

infusion is still there so buffing must have been removed. also cant cast sunlight blade on lighting defenders sword. shame:(

praetor

Arcane
isn't the L2 buff pretty much exactly like Sunlight blade (just like the resins are exactly like the buffs) so you don't lose anything... at all?

80Maxwell08

Arcane
Well I upgraded the curved dragon greatsword to +5 and now it does over 500 damage. I just with it did more to darklurker.

praetor

Arcane
i have a feeling that "model quality" setting is LOD related (it's rather poor on consoles... pop in starts at like 3m from the player)

DragoFireheart

Good. Now the PC master race can quit their bitching and just play the game.

I give Dark Souls 2 a 8.9. Good, but not Great. It needed a 9.0 to be great. :troll:

cookie if you get the reference.

DragoFireheart

So between those two which one do I go for? Also of course it would be that bow when I used the soul on another weapon because I was going for getting all the soul trades.

Maybe this will help.

Youtube videos nothing bad:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom