Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

Castanova

Prophet
Dudes, why the fuck would you farm sunmedals at diffucult bosses, or at least the ones at which dumbfucks die constantly. Go to the covetous and you will be done in an hour.

Truth. I got most of my medals at the Twin Dragonriders. Half the time the fools didn't even realize there was a second one on the ledge before I had killed him. I don't think anyone ever failed on this one.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
I don't think I ever got invaded by anything other than grey phantoms in belfry luna. Didn't even get a player during my ~5(he seems so harmless that I kept taking stupid risks to get it over with faster, herp derp) attempts at Looking Glass Knight, and there were multiple signs in the hallway before him. Does champions covenant interfere with it somehow?

3:30 and onward

That guy making the video looks like he isn't doing a whole lot to help the person that summons him out. Mostly just standing back and just trying to stay alive, even when he has multiple opportunities to cause some damage to the Smelter Demon. Guess he expects the person who summons him to do all the work and then he should get a sunlight medal for that.

its OnlyAfro:x he is doing it on purpose dude

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I have been playing with my hexer on the PC and PvP is so much fun, it feels almsot unfair beign ganking people on the Doors of Pharos with the Dark Cloud, Dark fog & resonant soul...its the most fun I've had with magic in a Souls game where it is my primary attack method and not the backup to my mace

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I tried out the Defenders Greatsword, since it seems to be the only decent boss weapon for cleric builds, and damn is that thing good. Twohanded L2 imbues the weapon with lightning even further. Nice!

praetor

Arcane
I don't think I ever got invaded by anything other than grey phantoms in belfry luna. Didn't even get a player during my ~5(he seems so harmless that I kept taking stupid risks to get it over with faster, herp derp) attempts at Looking Glass Knight, and there were multiple signs in the hallway before him. Does champions covenant interfere with it somehow?

he summons other players only on NG+

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I want that Defenders Greatsword dammit! They put it nearly at the end...

I have two, incase you are in new game plus already I can give you one. (just in case that you already had his soul and accidently wasted it, like I did ;D )

Silva

Arcane
At first I didnt like the new NPCs but when you know them more and start to notice how the hollowing is affecting them, its actually cool. Reminds me of Silent Hill 2 a bit, where the damned souls find themselves attracted to that place not knowing how or when they arrived, and go degenerating more and more from there.

DramaticPopcorn

Is it me or is high level bell keeping almost non existant? Or do I have to go NG+ in order to enter the big leagues? I'm SL 101 atm

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Everytime I even jsut open the door to the covenant guy in belfry luna and I see the door getting foggy. So yeah, in NG+ theres plenty of action.

Castanova

Prophet
I tried out the Defenders Greatsword, since it seems to be the only decent boss weapon for cleric builds, and damn is that thing good. Twohanded L2 imbues the weapon with lightning even further. Nice!

That's what I'm using on my 55 Faith dude. Great sword. Decent damage, one-handable without too much investment, relatively fast attack speed for a big sword.

Is it me or is high level bell keeping almost non existant? Or do I have to go NG+ in order to enter the big leagues? I'm SL 101 atm
100sls is not high level even in ng. at around 140sls in ng i got plenty of action in belfry luna. invading with red orbs in that area leads to some funny duels with host, grey spirit, blue arbiter and me as red phantom. all against all:lol:

DramaticPopcorn

Well I was like sl30 when I discovered Luna first and then I pvp'd in it non stop for hours, summonings would happen every 30 seconds or something crazy like that

Shadenuat

Arcane
I haven't noticed much difference between Defender's Sword and +10 Lightning Claymore with Sunblade buff (I carry 4 spells - great heal, big lingering heal, great lightning and sunlight blade with me), actually I believe Claymore has better physical damage. Most bosses go down in less than a minute. I think I got Darklurker to 50% HP with one rapid rush on him while he was casting some shit.

So I made Defender's Shield instead which rivals greatshields with it's resists and poise, but weights like a medium shield.

For most of the endgame I wore full Sayan's set +8 (blasted rare titanite chunks), Lightning Claymore +10, Defender's Shield +5, best health ring and chloranthy ring I could find, and either lingering dragon ring or that ring which slows equipment decay. The fourth slot was obviously for Cheat Ring of Life Saving. That's 22 Vitality for 68-69% encumbrance.

Btw, what's the source of Dark Lurker's melee attacks? Cause if it's magic, there's a 95% magic resist shield you can get in catacombs.

Last edited:

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Anyone know of a decent boss soul weapon for a straight up sword-and-board knight with no magic?

I got all these boss souls but none of them trade for a weapon that can do more damage than my +2 Drangleic Sword :/

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Anyone know of a decent boss soul weapon for a straight up sword-and-board knight with no magic?

I got all these boss souls but none of them trade for a weapon that can do more damage than my +2 Drangleic Sword :/

None. 90% of boss weapons are Ultra Great Swords.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Drangleic sword is like claymore for impatient. It's move set is almost identical to it and some royal guard sword or whatsitsname. But I think it's a little bit shorter, a bit heavier, has a little less damage (but better DEX scaling, but is it something anyone would care about?), a bit not as sharp move set (what's with that trembling when you do a poke?) and so on.
Still, it's a viable weapon. I used it for a while but switched to claymore as soon as it was avaible.

Standard weapons have very solid move sets, so it's easy to just pick one you like the most and upgrade it. I mean, look at cleric's starting mace, it destroys enemies.

And well duh, of course it does more damage, since it's +2.

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Drangleic sword is like claymore for impatient. It's move set is almost identical to it and some royal guard sword or whatsitsname. But I think it's a little bit shorter, a bit heavier, has a little less damage (but better DEX scaling, but is it something anyone would care about?), a bit not as sharp move set (what's with that trembling when you do a poke?) and so on.
Still, it's a viable weapon. I used it for a while but switched to claymore as soon as it was avaible.

Standard weapons have very solid move sets, so it's easy to just pick one you like the most and upgrade it. I mean, look at cleric's starting mace, it destroys enemies.

Well, yeah, but the items needed to upgrade a boss weapon to +2 are rare as hell and you can't farm anymore :/

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.

Well, yeah, but the items needed to upgrade a boss weapon to +2 are rare as hell and you can't farm anymore :/

Dragon Aerie.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Video is funny, but damn I am rolling my eyes seeing people in that fucking Havel armor. Why is that even in the game...

aris

Arcane
The tracking on many enemies attacks is bullshit in this game. So many overhead power attacks from bosses(and even many regular enemies) track you to the very last second, even if that means the boss pivoting up to 180 degrees.

I was just trying to fight fire salamanders melee, and the thing was spinning around 180 degrees while I was running along it's side to be able to lob fireballs at me. Freaking ridiculous.
OMG, the fire salamanders in NG+. I just went against them, and FUCK THAT. HP on each must be around 15000, and their attacks are fucking weird, doing unblockable surfing-on-belly attacks as if the ground was fucking ice. Gave up on that after 10 minutes and 3 deaths.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom