Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

I just fought a SL838 havelfaggot with powerstanced helix halberd/scythe of want. Apparently you still get the stabbing moveset.

Knc4AXi.gif

Shadenuat

Arcane
Helix is weird, and Gargoyle's too. Seems like it's animation at the tip extends range and hit time. I got stabbed with those many times while rolling.

Yeah people have been exploiting that - try fighting double buffed (dark/resonant) helix/mastodon powerstance. It easily hits ~1000 even more on counters. Helix turns any halberd moveset into stabbing moveset when powerstanced. It's absurd that you can do it with a reaper and do stabbing damage.

praetor

Arcane
powerstancing seems all kinds of broken. like f.e. the well known "powerstance a small greataxe with anything fuckinglolhuge and you get longsword speed (and moveset?)". it's retarded

Kanedias

Savant
Nice, there's now an exploit to walk on the air without needing a zipline.

This exploit, binoboosting, roll parrying, etc. seem very related, so hopefully From will have to hurry to fix this crap now that even more of these exploits are appearing.

Really like the idea of Power Stance in the abstract, even if the implementation is a little awkward at times. Having an excess of STR/DEX over weapon requirements allows access to what may be a more advantageous moveset...a tangible benefit for stat investments beyond simple damage++. In a SL120-150 metagame, being able to swing Ultra Greatswords around swiftly in certain dual-wield combinations could be the big advantage of running a "quality" build (likely a 45/35 distribution; maybe even more STR weighted). In such a meta, these combinations will likely balance out, both on the stat screen as well as the inventory. Big weapons are heavy, and two of them will consume a great deal of equipment burden that could otherwise be used to dodge farther, regenerate stamina more quickly, or be invested in protective accouterments or alternative weapons. And all the points pumped into STR/DEX aren't being spent elsewhere

But, as with everything, Soul Memory completely exacerbates the impact of any "broken" mechanics. Now SL200+ guys can have a powerstance loadout with absolutely zero drawbacks. And they can buff their weapons, have good ranged game, play a bunch of alt-weapons, and have gobs of HP/stamina/defenses.

I've powerstanced gyrm greataxe combos with the most damage I could do - double buffed and everything but the swing speed is still relatively low and the attacks are easily parried so it ended up being pointless. Half of the time I was getting interrupted/parried.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
But, as with everything, Soul Memory completely exacerbates the impact of any "broken" mechanics. Now SL200+ guys can have a powerstance loadout with absolutely zero drawbacks. And they can buff their weapons, have good ranged game, play a bunch of alt-weapons, and have gobs of HP/stamina/defenses.

Soul Memory is shit.

Murk

Arcane
this new shrine of winter skip almost makes more sense than getting souls to open the shrine itself.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.

Soul Memory is shit.

All From had to do was have level tiers and not Soul Memory tiers.

abija

Prophet
No, there's no simple solution for the current state of the game and they don't give enough fucks to fix it properly (or maybe it's just another form of trolling).
Too much shit to abuse and even incentives to do it.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
No, there's no simple solution for the current state of the game and they don't give enough fucks to fix it properly (or maybe it's just another form of trolling).
Too much shit to abuse and even incentives to do it.

Them not giving fucks will come to bite them in the ass in Dark Souls 3 when sales are down compared to the previous game.

Last edited:

Fockatar

Cipher
Completed it. I ended up respecing my great club strength wielder to a faith caster/melee build. I was using the throne defender lightning sword with Velstadt's buff with miracles for damage (sunlight spear) and utility (appease, heal, regen etc) and the occassional pyro. I usually play hardcore melee so this was a change. I missed that, but the dodgy hitboxes, tracking and so on made playing like that an exercise in frustration.

Anyway, I liked the game. It was ok. It certainly wasn't as good as Dark Souls I and while I'm still glad I purchased it pre-order and made time to play it I doubt I'll be going back to it again. The setting seemed to plastic, there was too little variety, it just didn't keep me. I enjoyed what little PVP I did though to be fair.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Finally found a helmet that perfectly suits steel armor (wrong metal color and textures bothered me with all others to no end)

81181653.jpg

It's Archdrake from starting cleric's set. Had to run into Amana-fags with mastodon halberd spin a few times. Got a lot of twinkling too.
It's the only armor that feels closer to end-tier and is relatively unpopular. It's magic resistances are bad though. And little status resistances too.
And it's heavy as fuck.
But who cares if it's full plate and packing steel

81181654.jpg

U REaDY FOR THATHAVEL HEXEMAGES
U R NOT REaDY FOR THIS
ITz solid 1.5 mm STEEL
u r not coming through
(ah crap the coloring is still different as I noticed after... but whatever, I still like the shape)

...now I seriously need to respec to wear this shit.

I also got full drakekeeper's and their mace. Might use it a few times as psychological warfare. Armor has nice resistances btw, all around.

I think I just noticed that when you miss in PvP but it still "registers" the hit with sound it still counts that as durability loss.
My Syan's broke on 4th red phantom during pvp in "arena"... I was very unhappy with that.

Last edited:
My Syan's broke on 4th red phantom during pvp in "arena"... I was very unhappy with that.

I've been raping invaders at heide's and the stupid thing loses durability even if you miss. Some people dodge too much and apparently hitting someone's i-frames degrades equipment but shields don't?

qwCbFza.jpg

Murk

Arcane
Firstly, this game has more bugs than features.

Secondly, my puncher guy got invaded by like fucking 50 blue phantoms in the last few hours. I am not exaggerating either; non-stop invasions -- any time I'd reset my timer I'd get invaded immediately. This last one threw me into a rage as the sunpussy I had summoned fucking RAN AWAY and then I got lag poked to death with a sunlighted rapier. At first, I was ok with this thinking more PVP -- but then the 2-3 normal fights happened and I entered lagsville.

How hard can one sin to warrant this? I heard your sin is decreased per death, surely I am all out by now? I'll have to switch to some bullshit 'serious pvp' build that I don't want to bother with at all =(

Thirdly, I approve of the FFT battle music.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2

I've been raping invaders at heide's and the stupid thing loses durability even if you miss. Some people dodge too much and apparently hitting someone's i-frames degrades equipment but shields don't?
Long weapons (especially halberds) hit to the ground if you miss some attack types and that results in serious equipment damage. Stairs and slopes are especially dangerous.

Shadenuat

Arcane
How hard can one sin to warrant this? I heard your sin is decreased per death, surely I am all out by now? I'll have to switch to some bullshit 'serious pvp' build that I don't want to bother with at all =(
I invaded as red once per forever, and now I almost always get at least 1 blue bro per level. I used red soapstone to pvp. I also killed a lot of NPCs to get their items and to finish Navlaan's quest.

Now pope asks me for 250000 souls to forgive my sins.

Long weapons (especially halberds) hit to the ground if you miss some attack types and that results in serious equipment damage. Stairs and slopes are especially dangerous.
Syan is stabbing weapon it doesn't hit the ground. usually. rather when you hit rolling/dodging guy and don't do damage you still lose durability.
god the weapons in this game are made of glass

Murk

Arcane
Oh right, I murdered all the NPCs (except Gavlan, the true bro he is). Maybe I should go pay off that sin, at least? I know your pvp-sin can't be erased but npc sin can. I guess I just always have to be on guard.

Still, that little pussy running away tho. I mean c'mon 2v1 who he fuck runs away?

I've no idea how I'm going to atone for my 1000 invasions. I've spend some time just dropping "I'm Sorry" and jumping in water, but clearly the sin counter doesn't stop at 100.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom