Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

praetor

Arcane
oh man, i think i've seen more backstab fishers in DaS2 in the last week than i did in DaS1 in months, if not a whole year. it's like every third or fifth at max fight is against fags with dark buffed (shadow) daggers or they switch to them after 30secs and just go fishin' fishin' fishin'. not a single one has won yet :P

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
oh man, i think i've seen more backstab fishers in DaS2 in the last week than i did in DaS1 in months, if not a whole year. it's like every third or fifth at max fight is against fags with dark buffed (shadow) daggers or they switch to them after 30secs and just go fishin' fishin' fishin'. not a single one has won yet :P

Wear some turtle armor and laugh.

praetor

Arcane

Wear some turtle armor and laugh.

don't have to, i just poke them with syan's until they die :troll:

i do 10 guard breaks in a row in majula with any weapon than herp derp r1 attack and got parried in first fight:rage:i cant fight unlocked for shit unless its gyrm greathammer. that spinning attack at +10 and 40Str :thumbsup: guardbreaks and pancakes allday long

Murk

Arcane
Fishers are definitely scrubs; too easy to get around once you catch on.

I just saw the bellfreed video on reddit. I do not make videos, but if I did, mine would be a shittier version of exactly that. I whole-heartedly encourage fucking up those bellkeeper bastards. Also, LOL at seeing the same characters I've fought.

Story in Belfry Sol. Near the exit, I cleared out the dwarves and go invaded by a red. We had a gentlemen's duel that had us both down to less than half health and was good fun, with waving and jumping and silliness and bits of punching and stabbing. Then a grey comes in -- we both stop, fuck him up, then heal to full, and go back to our gentlemen's duel. After a while the guy waves, and points to the exit (we were at it the whole time) and I leave.

the PVP is sometimes rage-inducingly frustrating for lag or spin2win-strats... but sometimes it is heart warming and fun. Whoever the hell you were, red spirit, you are my bro.

Bonus flylikeaneagle.mp4

Last edited:

Niektory

one of some
Patron
XISFaSP.jpg
Got a problem, invader? :smug:

Shadenuat

Arcane
Avelyn feels underwhelming at high levels. Grabbed it to shoot estus/hex spammers, but people seem fine potioning and restore good amount of health even if they catch a few bolts. Mine is +10 raw with lightning bolts, am I doing it wrong? Forbidden Sun to the face feels better, although not as good as I thought it would be. Does Pyromancy scale with anything? Should I drop it if my INT is 5?
I'm now a
R.gif
W.gif
knight.

Was doing invasions as bluebro, met all kind of interesting people. One havelguy with invisible xantier and avelyns ate a bunch of halberd strikes to the face, lost ~10% health. Also met powerstancing axe/greatsword and halberd/grandlance or something like that, wtf is this shit, strikes are unbelievably fast + stun + megadamage.

Last edited:

DragoFireheart

Avelyn feels underwhelming at high levels. Grabbed it to shoot estus/hex spammers, but people seem fine potioning and restore good amount of health even if they catch a few bolts. Mine is +10 raw with lightning bolts, am I doing it wrong? Forbidden Sun to the face feels better. Does Pyromancy scale with anything? Should I drop it if my INT is 5?

Was doing invasions as bluebro, met all kind of interesting people. One havelguy with invisible xantier and avelyns ate a bunch of halberd strikes to the face, lost ~10% health. Also met powerstancing axe/greatsword and halberd/grandlance or something like that, wtf is this shit, strikes are unbelievably fast + stun + megadamage.

Pyromancy scales with Int/Fth but you don't need it.

Make that Avelyn Mundane.

Parry Santier's Spear.

Powerstanced Big-ass weapon can be nasty depending on the combination.

If you see a Turtle Syan's Halberd you're probably fucked unless you outplay them.

Avelyn feels underwhelming at high levels. Grabbed it to shoot estus/hex spammers, but people seem fine potioning and restore good amount of health even if they catch a few bolts. Mine is +10 raw with lightning bolts, am I doing it wrong? Forbidden Sun to the face feels better. Does Pyromancy scale with anything? Should I drop it if my INT is 5?

updated my journal.
time to try new meta :troll:

DragoFireheart

I love how it takes only 4 Sunlight Spears to nuke a boss into oblivion. Absolutely ridiculous.

Which kills bosses faster: Demon's Souls Firestorm or Dark Souls 2 Sunlight Spear?

Renegen

Arcane
Fishers are definitely scrubs; too easy to get around once you catch on.

I just saw the bellfreed video on reddit. I do not make videos, but if I did, mine would be a shittier version of exactly that. I whole-heartedly encourage fucking up those bellkeeper bastards. Also, LOL at seeing the same characters I've fought.

Story in Belfry Sol. Near the exit, I cleared out the dwarves and go invaded by a red. We had a gentlemen's duel that had us both down to less than half health and was good fun, with waving and jumping and silliness and bits of punching and stabbing. Then a grey comes in -- we both stop, fuck him up, then heal to full, and go back to our gentlemen's duel. After a while the guy waves, and points to the exit (we were at it the whole time) and I leave.

the PVP is sometimes rage-inducingly frustrating for lag or spin2win-strats... but sometimes it is heart warming and fun. Whoever the hell you were, red spirit, you are my bro.

Bonus flylikeaneagle.mp4

Dat Snatcher music.

Murk

Arcane
Forbidden Sun is really disappointing after the nerf. I find it does less damage than Flame Swathe but has that fast cast/travel and range going for it. Otherwise 2 castings for 3 slots is a bit of a pain.

Fire whip I am DEFINITELY loving. So fun to catch someone with the full blast. I just wish it would cast faster.

Shadenuat

Arcane
FS is a finisher for PvP, nothing more. Not like you can put anything else into your slots if you don't have magic/hexes.
I casted Fire Whip a few times, instantly found it too goddamn slow and went with Great Combustion instead. Fast and does some damage. Often catches people while they are rolling around. So when I get summoned for PvP I roll with lightning blade (duh), great mag barrier (duh), forbidden sun (in your face), great combustion (when they like to roll), flame weapon (I run out of buffs when on arenas), heal (I wanna heal) and warmth (I heal other bros who pvp with me).
I don't use AoE's cause meh or poison cause I'm noble and stuff.
I need a 1kk more souls and I'll pump my ATN to 40+ (I think it's 43) for 2 casts, and then pump ADP I guess. Will run out of stuff I want to pump at ~250 level I think.

Murk

Arcane
FS is a finisher for PvP, nothing more. Not like you can put anything else into your slots if you don't have magic/hexes.
I casted Fire Whip a few times, instantly found it too goddamn slow and went with Great Combustion instead. Fast and does some damage. Often catches people while they are rolling around. So when I get summoned for PvP I roll with lightning blade (duh), great mag barrier (duh), forbidden sun (in your face), great combustion (when they like to roll), flame weapon (I run out of buffs when on arenas), heal (I wanna heal) and warmth (I heal other bros who pvp with me).
I don't use AoE's cause meh or poison cause I'm noble and stuff.
I need a 1kk more souls and I'll pump my ATN to 40+ (I think it's 43) for 2 casts, and then pump ADP I guess. Will run out of stuff I want to pump at ~250 level I think.

Fire-whip you have to pre-cast, which is a pain in the butt. If you have the blue clearstone ring +2 it's a bit more feasible, but mostly it's nice to catch them as they roll in for a hit -- it stuns IMMEDIATELY and does decent damage (even on a guy with GMB). It's not an insta-win but it can be surprisingly effective. I use flame swathe as a bait, sometimes casting it and running into it -- otherwise its too easy to dodge.

I have no faith or int on this char, so I use my 50 points of attunement (lol) for pyro stuff but I'm raising faith next to get WOG, force, and maybe some hexes down the road. I went with 50 for the 8 slots to have 2 scrolls of FS and fire whip + flame weapon (for now).

I find I have to cast all my spells, even long range ones, like melee attacks to catch them off guard. It's too easy to roll-dodge spells otherwise.

Murk

Arcane
Question: Are the stone soldiers near the King's Gate bonfire (the ones with Ruin Sentinels in the soul-activated doors) infinitely respawning in NG+? Or even in NG?

I was farming them for slabs (got 17 in about 45 mins while waiting to be summoned to kill throne duo or nashandra; and while being invaded, hehe) and they just keep respawning. Not all 12 like the first time, just 6 -- is it that the room is doubled spawn rate or are the endless? This frequent drop rate, and the fact that they drop at all, really kind of undermines thinking _carefully_ about your weapon of choice... but I'm ok with it, as it allows for more experimentation. I guess next I'll farm Dragon Acolytes for Dragon Bones to test out LGK's sword versus Defender's sword.

Also, wtf @ ruin sentinels only respawning in regular NG. GOOD LUCK FARMING THAT STUPID SET BROS.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
You get so many Slabs without farming in this game that I don't think it makes any difference. The new upgrade system in general promotes weapon diversity - I'm about to move to NG+, and I have like six maxed weapons without having needed to farm at any point. Only materials is relatively short supply are dragon bones and twinkling titanites.

praetor

Arcane
without farming (or insane luck on the retarded crows) you won't get more than 1 twinkly/pdb weapon/shield upgraded (maybe), and lets not forget the stupid amount of armours that require twinklies (pretty much all the best ones), so if you want some armour diversity (or upgrade any of the good armours at all), Prepare To Farm. and lot's of stuff pretty much requires farming due to the stupidly low drop rates (fashion souls and all that). and then you'll have to farm for ascetics 'cause why farm that one thing, when you can farm two! and then the one-time spawning black phantoms... ugh, i want to murder the new directors for all the insane tediousness they added in the already tedious stuff. streamlining my ass

Mikayel
yup, they respawn infinitely afaik.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom