Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
People will probably gravitate towards Sunlight Blade since lighting is the lowest stat for Havel Armor. :hearnoevil:

plus, as Kanedias pointed out, Faith builds will be at a distinct advantage with GMB. now there's pretty much no reason not to go Faith unless you want to gimp yourself.

welcome to the new, much worse than DaS1, meta. can't say i'm surprised

GRS will still be useful as a ranged means even with the damage nerf, but it won't be the draw to Hexes anymore. Sunlight Blade, Profound Still, Great Magic Barrier, and Wrath of God will likely be the reasons to go Faith/Hex (Defender Greatsword and/or a lightning weapon of your choice).

And there's no reason to not go faith/hex since SM is shit! Isn't it all lovely? :gumpyhead:

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
And already in Dark Souls 1 swords bounced off walls; that 1 hollow on the bridge before Undead Burg was trolling many people going in the direction of Firelink Shrine precisely for that reason...
On what bridge? Do you mean that one that jumps down, or that one with firebomb?

I just killed ~50 invaders and died around ~5 times. Syan's is still the best "spear" for strategic poking. 35 poise damage instead of 20 on most spears really makes a difference especially with stone ring.

DragoFireheart

Numbness got a massive buff. With proper stats, you get a two minute buff of reducing 35% damage taken (sight is hindered ala video).

EDIT:

Calling it now: Helix/Syan's/Mastadon Halbeds single or power stanced (maybe some Defender Greatsword in there) all lightning infused except Helix, Black Witch Staff or Chime of Want/Dragon Chime, Havel Armor, Gyrm tryhard helm. Usual rings, likely 10 copies of Gowers as well to be an even bigger tryhard.

Great Magic Barrier / Profound Still / Lightning Blade / Numbness / Resonant Flesh / (Some nuke of your choice, GRS if you want range, WotG if you don't. WotG is probably more tryhard at this point. Might see Affinity as well if exceptionally lazy)

Buff Souls 2: Prepare to Shine.

Last edited:
Syan's power was never the stunlock, and the damage nerf it took is minimal.

I'm doing ~300 per hit now which requires quite a bit of work when fighting crazy defender's sword katana damage factories. Havel tanks take ~200 so it's not exactly OP. Spin to win or other halberd moves are useless. I literally just chain poke people's rolls.

Every time I kill a max level char I check their profile page - the majority is always russians with ~60 hours on file. Sounds legit bros.

Kanedias

Savant
As expected, tons of mages taking advantage of the rarity of GMB, overlevellers playing exactly like they did before, and a crap ton of faith builds.

And people like this patch...Havelyns and Bat Foggers were not found that often, meanwhile the stupidity this patch encourages is seen every fight.

Murk

Arcane
So... Syan's is still gut? I never stun locked past 2-3 hits anyway.

WHY THE FUCK WAS I PRACTICING WITH THIS RAPIER THEN

DragoFireheart

So now that the (bat) fog has cleared... it looks like Defender Greatsword is going to be one of the tier 1 weapons along with Syan's Halberd, Chaos Blade, Helix Halberd powerstanced with something, and MLGS.

Rumor has it ALL weapon buffs got nerfed.

Also, the greataxe/ugs combo now seems to have the zwei R1 moveset instead of the stock "two giant weapons" moveset.

Murk

Arcane
It seems the bellkeeper strat is to shield turtle long enough until their buddy invades. Then they gank. Awesome covenant; awesome players.

EDIT: Some legit fight clubbin' going on in tower of flame tho.

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
ToF is one of the better places to PvP, but it always has less summoning signs than Firebridge.

Murk

Arcane
True, but the last hour there has been better than all my other PVP experiences put together. Even invaders are chill and play nice. I even set up a nice arena with prism stones and would heal people and give them amber herbs. Shit was soliiiddd.

Greatsword R2-R2 is the bane of my existence. This combo somehow manages to out-range Syan's halberd. Plus it's almost always a two hit stunlock.

Edit: OP PLS NERF CALIBRATION 1.07

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
Had to respec back to Faith since damage was just ain't cutting it. People use that stupid damage reducing buff too, running around with multiple simultaneous bubbles around them lit up like christmas trees. Left my ATT at 10 however. Only use the buff for weapon occasionaly.

Greatsword R2-R2 is the bane of my existence. This combo somehow manages to out-range Syan's halberd. Plus it's almost always a two hit stunlock.
What do you mean by "somehow", didn't you notice the size of that thing?
And what do you mean by R2-R2? Powerstancing? One-hand slashes?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom