Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

Shadenuat

Arcane
The pvp is so infuriating that it's not giving me a lot of fun. Between lag, getting invaded when I'm in prisoner's tatters and getting backstabbed because I was fighting off a dragon or stone soldier and the horror that is a havelix I'm just starting to ask "why do I do this again?".
PvP in Dark Souls is best example of love-hate relationship.

Murk

Arcane
Seriously =(

Today, I had fun. I actually upgraded and wore some armor (watcher top + bottom) and upgraded the black dragon great sword and used it. This weapon is pretttty tight. The range is great and it is surprisingly fast. It doesn't scale, so infusion it is. With the exception of high level GMB, I seriously mess people up. Even managed to kill multiple duos in belfry sol (I did have to do some silliness with Gower's ring, but it wooorked).

I don't like it's stupid animation (the ring's), but it's the only way to get around being backstabbed when up against a group, or worse, fishers =(

This char is getting too high level tho, so I made a new bandit to turn 150 and keep there. Gonna avoid all magic and buffs and see how physical only works out -- my guess is that at lower levels it will be fine. Also, got summoned by the blue ring... first time ever! Was great! And back to it never happening again.

Dual helix halberds are really powerfull for PvE. I've got them at mundane and 4-5 shotting NPC phantoms at max bonfire intensity is a piece of cake. Faster than spamming lightning spears too. I doubt from will nerf the halberds. They will probably make it so you can't powerstance them with other weapons.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Great clubs/hammers must be very powerful in PvE btw. I farmed a bit of stuff I wanted to have and superslam works hilariously on mobs. I once managed to slam both a red phantom alonne knight and player-invader with one hit at Iron Keep. And since you can beat monster up even when they are on the ground/getting up sometimes, you can probably stunlock phantoms in PvE with club until they die.

IS THIS SHIT FOR REAL?

3 dlc and the last one seems to be snowy area:what::rage::hmmm::thumbsup::dance::yeah::bounce:

i bet it will be as big as artorias dlc just sold in three parts. fucking namco:x

Three new DLC chapters known as The Lost Crowns trilogy will take you through entirely original areas to face a slew of unknown enemies, overcome diabolic challenges, and take-on fearsome bosses.
- DLC of Crown of the Sunken King will be available in Europe and Australasia on July, 22, 2014 for PC and Xbox / July 23 for PlayStation 3
- DLC of Crown of the Old Iron King is scheduled for August 26, 2014 for PC and Xbox / August 27 for PlayStation 3
- DLC of Crown of the Ivory King will conclude the trilogy on September 23, 2014 for PC and Xbox / September 24 for PlayStation 3.
A Season Pass program is also available for the entire The Lost Crowns trilogy via Steam for PC and PlayStation Network for PS3 from today.

Crown of the Sunken King, the first chapter in the trilogy, sends you on a journey to reclaim the crowns that Drangleic’s King Vendrick once owned. Crown of the Sunken King features an entirely different world within the DARK SOULS II universe, where stepped pyramids span a vast underground cavern. It is said that one of the ancient crowns lay buried deep within these dark caverns; but surely such a valued item cannot sit unguarded. Players that seek adversity and glory will be rewarded with a crown that holds the strength of lords from times long past.

Kanedias

Savant
The "crowns of the old lords" make me remember the broken translation of the first DLC. I had posted it some time ago, let me try to find it.

Kanedias

Savant
The "crowns of the old lords" make me remember the broken translation of the first DLC. I had posted it some time ago, let me try to find it.

I found it!

"You will face many unique, despair-inducing monsters. Survival means accepting you will die, learning from death and overcoming the ultimate challenge to reclaim your soul.The demons who rule this world gain their extraordinary power from the King’s Crowns. To retrieve the King’s Crowns and reach the flame of the world, you will have to face the White King Gwen and his knights, the witch Izarith and her evil daughters, the first dead, Nit, and the immortal and nameless shadow dwarves.

When you begin this adventure, you are soulless. You must emerge from the abyss to reclaim your soul in order to reach the land of the living. Make social connections, win games, find eggs and solve riddles—and increase your soul energy until you get your entire spiritual essence back. The gauge at the bottom of your dashboard numerically measures the amount of soul energy you have earned. Check your gauge each day to keep track of how much soul energy you have. Do your best to get your numbers high enough so you can say once and for all: Be gone, evil forces, my soul is mine and I am alive!"

the first one seems to be just more caverns, dungeons and some underground pyramids. second one with old iron king seems pretty clear altough no idea about"theme" of locations.
but last one...ohh boy ohh boy:bounce::bounce::bounce: imagine fighting ice giants with that shitty hitboxes from ds 2 with your character sliding and sliping on ice:hahano:

ss_86bc69b0ea30e5cb3cb3b865ce2507be02417d27.1920x1080.jpg

ss_7718a46b442074bdd1cd52d2c1e186e669ceba62.1920x1080.jpg

ss_7cd400cd6094df48c7eff48c2568e0ebdda6cfd0.1920x1080.jpg

Last edited:

aris

Arcane
Devs obviously had a change of heart, earlier they strongly implied that ds2 was self contained, and there would be no dlc or expansion. Can't say I'm disappointed. More dark souls is hardly a bad thing

Kanedias

Savant
Some concept art was leaked before the game was released, and this image is from there:

mePJFIi.jpg

Looks like it may have been an early concept of the underground, water-themed city from the 1st DLC.

First screenshot looks a lot like Bitterblack Isle, particularly the Fortress of Remembrance. Immolation and Anodyne Warmth pricked my suspicions, and this area design only furthers them.

Not that I'm complaining, however. More games should be pulling mechanics from Dragon's Dogma.

well if we compare it to the early concepts of the Gutter we may know how much smaller the sunken city area will be :troll:

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
You fuckers can have fun being the guinea pigs this time around. I'm still reeling with buyer's remorse.

Seeing stacked poison statues, re-meshed tics, more overhead swing big guys, and the term "SEASON PASS" tells me everything I need to know.

In b4 each DLC is the size of any shitty area from DaS2 with bonfires littered every step. No matter, my 838 havelix will breeze through and find the new awesome armor and hopefully they'll raise the level cap to 1676 so I can pawn sum mor nubz.

Fockatar

Cipher
Wow so I'm totally done with this, really. I would be ok if it was a largeish expansion back like Artorias for DKS1 but this is...this is literally the modern DLC model we hate and were explicitly told we're not going to suffer from FROM. Normally this would be were I would say be cautious and give them the benefit of the doubt but the myriad failures DKS2 boasts warn against that. Ah well, it was fun while it lasted. I'm going to purchase a PS3 and Demon Souls and see where all the fuss began tbh for my next gaming adventure.

from polish gaming site :

1. dlc: new enemies, weapons, ancient ruins/stone pyramid, the most difficult level in game:troll:
2. dlc: takes place in huge tower surrounded with black mist. enemies use mostly fire and magic:popamole:. the area will put to the test our perception. not all paths are what they seems to be:codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:
3.dlc: monumental, ancient temple build in the mountains with constant blizzard. you will face shitty weather, new enemies and shitty visiblity or maybe new weather conditions and shitty enemies:troll:

deuxhero

Arcane

I found it!

"You will face many unique, despair-inducing monsters. Survival means accepting you will die, learning from death and overcoming the ultimate challenge to reclaim your soul.The demons who rule this world gain their extraordinary power from the King’s Crowns. To retrieve the King’s Crowns and reach the flame of the world, you will have to face the White King Gwen and his knights, the witch Izarith and her evil daughters, the first dead, Nit, and the immortal and nameless shadow dwarves.

When you begin this adventure, you are soulless. You must emerge from the abyss to reclaim your soul in order to reach the land of the living. Make social connections, win games, find eggs and solve riddles—and increase your soul energy until you get your entire spiritual essence back. The gauge at the bottom of your dashboard numerically measures the amount of soul energy you have earned. Check your gauge each day to keep track of how much soul energy you have. Do your best to get your numbers high enough so you can say once and for all: Be gone, evil forces, my soul is mine and I am alive!"

And this is why I doubt the Project Beast thing (or at least consider that it's an intentional leak for viral marketing). No From employee has English good enough to be leaking anything on an English site.

praetor

Arcane
i'm calling it now: all DLCs will be "pay 10 kwabucks for 1-2 levels + 1-2 crappy bosses", hitboxes will not get fixed, DLC 3 will be basically shaded woods misty area in snow. prepare to be disappointed. edit: oh, and each DLC will introduce even more unbelievably, stupidly, mind-boggingly unbalanced crap and SM will never get removed. fuck From's Team B

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
I'll wait and see, but Team B has not impressed me. I should be excited for this DLC, but the taint of From's B-Team lack of programming and game balancing (along with what praetor) makes me cautious.

EDIT:
Oh and I bet this DLC was either

A- Already done but withheld.

B- Partially done but being worked on.

Either one indicates these levels should have been in the original game. Which one of you fuckers said From is turning into a standard modern day game dev studio like EA? Fuck you, hindsight is 20/20.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom