Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

Namco Bandai have definitely put their work into making the Souls franchise as kwa-friendly as possible.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
I bet you'll need all 3 DLCs to reach the size of the Artorias DLC...

AND you'll need the previous DLC for the next one to work, so you'll end up buying all three if you want to see what happens in Episode 3.

DragoFireheart

I bet you'll need all 3 DLCs to reach the size of the Artorias DLC...
I bet you won't. Lot of speculations pulled straight out of the ass ITT for the sake of edginess right now.

That fall damage must have left you brain dead.

Did you not watch the trailers which have DLC areas in them? Does 2+2=5? Is Diablo 3 still the greatest game EVAR!?

aris

Arcane
In the interest of comparing prices though. How much did the DLC for DS originally cost?

80Maxwell08

Arcane
In the interest of comparing prices though. How much did the DLC for DS originally cost?
$15 but was included in the pc version and Namco made physical versions in the UK that had the DLC on disc for consoles if you didn't get the game yet.
EDIT: I just realized how quick this was of them to do this. DaS's DLC came out about a year after the game was out but this is 4 months they are planning for the first one with only a month break inbetween. Either they were working on this before the game's release or I agree it's going to take all 3 to be a substantial size.

aris

Arcane
Well in that case, I will bet that felipepe's pathetic attempt at being edgy will turn out to be bullshit, and then we will see who is right when the time comes.

DragoFireheart

Well in that case, I will bet that felipepe's pathetic attempt at being edgy will turn out to be bullshit, and then we will see who is right when the time comes.

It's more likely you're a mouth-breathing moron.

You fuckers can have fun being the guinea pigs this time around. I'm still reeling with buyer's remorse.

Seeing stacked poison statues, re-meshed tics, more overhead swing big guys, and the term "SEASON PASS" tells me everything I need to know.

All we need now is for EA to buy From at some point and the cycle will be complete!

DragoFireheart

What's wrong little dragoheart, did I hurt you feelings?

No, just my brain cells that are dying a horrible, horrible death trying to comprehend your ignorance and stupidity. Not even Allah can help me now.

aris

Arcane

What's wrong little dragoheart, did I hurt you feelings?

No, just my brain cells that are dying a horrible, horrible death trying to comprehend your ignorance and stupidity. Not even Allah can help me now.
I'm not the one positing edgy predictions based on zero information you sack of discarded ball skin.

DragoFireheart

I'm not the one positing edgy predictions based on zero information you sack of discarded ball skin.

Because the DLCs don't resemble the trailers released before the game came out. Nope, I'm just a bitter Codexer and I must cut myself to feel better.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Meh I don't have issues with this, unlike some DLC that was a pulled level or feature from the game (cough cough Ranger mode in Metro Last Light) or a good idea that didn't have enough time to be developed on time for release (like the Artorias DLC) this seems like "Hey more Dark Souls 2" without any compromise to the game or its storyline
Seems fine whatever let's see Proyect Beast

Kanedias

Savant
I found more pre-release leaked concept art of what is probably an early version of the DLC area.

5DM8WMs.jpg

There's also one about a snowy area that I hope is in the 3rd DLC because it looks amazing.

5S4tZoW.png

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
DLC 2 pic looks like a mash up of old monk's throne from DeS and Duke's Archives gears.

I'm not trying to be edgy, but right now the DLCs look half-assed re-used asset pieces of quick money grab.

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
No, you're the one bashing predictions based on zero information and being very edgy and butthurt about it.
uh, in what way? You made the claim, the burden of proof lies on you my friend.

What we do know is that Dark Souls 1 was a critically acclaimed game, the DLC was free with purchase of the game on PC, the DLC came out a year later, and is generally regarded as a solid block of content.

Dark Souls 2 is on shaky grounds at best with a lot of long term fans, the general consensus is that the second game is lesser in quality than the first game. Now 3 months after the game's release, From is already releasing a "season pass" worth of content at $25 if you buy the pass, or $30 if you buy the dlc separately. I think the most important point in all of this is that FROM said that they weren't considering DLC, now they're releasing $30 worth of it [in the despicable season pass method too], which shows that their management is shit and they're just kind of winging it, instead of having a clear and concise vision for the future of the Soul's series.

There is a reason why long term fans are saying "I'll wait until the smoke clears" in regards to this "season pass" worth of content. Do you think anyone would've said the same thing when we heard about PTD content for DS1?

Last edited:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
No, you're the one bashing predictions based on zero information and being very edgy and butthurt about it.
That's the point. I said "I bet that X", not "I have definitive proof of everything I'm saying and everyone else is wrong". If any of us had any proof, we wouldn't be debating possibilities.

aris

Arcane
That's the point. I said "I bet that X", not "I have definitive proof of everything I'm saying and everyone else is wrong". If any of us had any proof, we wouldn't be debating possibilities.
And I made the counter bet to get some balance. Seeing that From has no history of releasing overpriced DLCs, I claim that my prediction is better though.
There is a reason why long term fans are saying "I'll wait until the smoke clears" in regards to this "season pass" worth of content. Do you think anyone would've said the same thing when we heard about PTD content for DS1?
Yeah this is exactly what I'm not seeing though. Just a whole lot of jumping to the conclusions. And I'm also pretty sure that the people that scream loudly right now, have already made up their mind, and won't change it no matter what information turns up.

DragoFireheart

And I made the counter bet to get some balance.

But you shouldn't need to and that's the point he's making. From's history was with the A-Team. Now we have B-Team whom's recent patch has unleased retarded Havelix and broke the game worse than the previous patch along with a weaker game, day-1 DLC, and now season pass dlc 4 months in.

The writing is on the wall Hater-of-fall-damage.

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
And I made the counter bet to get some balance.

Now we have B-Team whom's recent patch has unleased retarded Havelix and broke the game worse than the previous patch.

This is something I didn't even think about. I haven't played Dark Souls 2 for about 2 weeks or a little longer, I hopped on today and the first thing I had happen to me was being invaded by a blue numb/GMB/lightning/pokey Havel.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom