Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Bros, what's the deal with DLC boss?

Do I have to get some preparations for the battle?

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
20 more Loyce souls to go :terrorist:

5 more left.

K, got all 50 Loyce souls and didn't get the Ivory King's armor. Lame.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
FOUND IVORY KING ARMOR

Here's how you get it: get the 50 Loyce Souls, then go to the negro armor salesman. He'll have it, but it requires the 50 Loyce souls and dialogue exhaustion of the woman behind the branches.

Maldron is a lesson in manly man tactics. All you gay waifu builds need to stop relying on parries and backstabs.

Just get a tree to cast Unleash Magic on him, and then pancake twice.

Kanedias

Savant
Nerf to straight swords (1h running and rolling attacks), greathammers (they combo much less now) and UGS (golfswing height). Chaos Blade unchanged. I'm started to get tired of this crap. The more I use the Fume UGS instead of my Fume Sword, the more I see how badly balanced weapon damage is. Chaos Blades can trade with my UGS for equal or higher damage.

Also the new "skilled" meta of unlocking and running in circles is starting to get on my nerves. The netcode doesn't know how to handle that kind of movement and the attacks they do out of the spinning are butchered by lag in my screen, with huge phantom range and even missing the first part of their animations.

After nearly 1000 hours and 7 max rank characters in the Brotherhood of Blood, I am starting to get tired of the PvP. Hopefully the new weapons breathe new life into it, but the two I want to use the most have their issues. The Ivory Straight Sword seems to be utter crap and the Curved Nil Greatsword appears to scale with fucking NG levels, when PvP is shit beyond NG.

Also the new "skilled" meta of unlocking and running in circles is starting to get on my nerves. The netcode doesn't know how to handle that kind of movement and the attacks they do out of the spinning are butchered by lag in my screen, with huge phantom range and even missing the first part of their animations.

New? They've been doing that WELL before the pre-sunken king GS stunlock meta when a running attack landed 3-4 hit combos. Straight sword dash attacks don't bother me since 1h is easy to poise and 2h has a crazy tell. I'm seeing this with curved swords a lot. The 2H run attack really fucking fast and really hard to dodge when paired up with spazzing in circles.

But lately I've been incapable of playing passively/defensively so I get caught in this shit all the time because of lag.
Pro strats usually involve walking with your back away from an opponent following you...

Edit:
So I just killed 2CAT solo melee no shield on NG8... At first this shit seemed impossible but in the end quite easy if you stack enough damage. The timing on attacks is much different from your typical big armored man 3 hit slashes... The way the cats switch between magic/melee is oddly fluid too. This fight is almost fair except for the part where 2nd cat buffs attack/defense and starts regenerating HP. Yo dawg, we heard you like challenge etc.
Anyway... Chaos Rapier/RoB+2/Leo/Fire Clutch/Resin/Brightbug - 1000dmg on counters.
Brightbugs are way better than sacred oath for PvE...

Also... A boss soul weapon that takes twinklies to upgrade? Really? I already exhausted my 99/99 supply m8s... COME ON
9n36M7m.gif

Last edited:
How did you like the run to 2cats? At first mobs there pounded my anus with no mercy but than i noticed you can stunlock stags to death if they are out of their attack animation. TWINBLADES FTW

How did you like the run to 2cats? At first mobs there pounded my anus with no mercy but than i noticed you can stunlock stags to death if they are out of their attack animation. TWINBLADES FTW

The run was the worst... I just took a few trips gathering loot then just started dashing to the boss fog... Summon NPCs and run 10 o'clock from the sun. Then once you reach the area "border" just keep going... There's a BP Lance Golem right outside the fog gate for me so I just BC the NPCs on the bridge and run in. This whole thing was definitely designed with NG co-op in mind.

As impressive and cool those horses are, they just had to ruin shit with that stupid dash attack. Feels like smelter hammer run attack spam.

Last edited:

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Oh my god I am getting my ass handed to me in the DLC. It's my fault, I haven't played DS2 for months and decided to jump right back in to my character who is on new game + and has level 200. I went for the Iron Crown DLC first because I spawned in near the Old Iron fort and I am getting my ass kicked by those grey ashen knights, they swallow so many hits its not funny. Currently stuck in the room where that bigass guy with his club and lots of respawning ashen soldiers is. I guess I am supposed to lure these guys with explosive barrels on their back in their so the AoE can take care of the bigger threats? Also, what's the deal with these ... things that spawn new ashen soliders, can they be disabled somehow?

Oh my god I am getting my ass handed to me in the DLC. It's my fault, I haven't played DS2 for months and decided to jump right back in to my character who is on new game + and has level 200. I went for the Iron Crown DLC first because I spawned in near the Old Iron fort and I am getting my ass kicked by those grey ashen knights, they swallow so many hits its not funny. Currently stuck in the room where that bigass guy with his club and lots of respawning ashen soldiers is. I guess I am supposed to lure these guys with explosive barrels on their back in their so the AoE can take care of the bigger threats? Also, what's the deal with these ... things that spawn new ashen soliders, can they be disabled somehow?
alluring skulls and smelter wedges;)

Murk

Arcane
The curved Nil sword has the same scaling bonus on intensity 7 as it does on intensity 8. My own went up in damage after I killed a boss + got a bonfire. I do not know WHICH did it, the bonfire or the boss, but my guess is the boss.

Apparently I'm missing three weapons (so far that I know of). The twinblade, the greatbow, and the reg curved sword with the healing stab.

Lots of weapons in this DLC

Last edited:

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
alluring skulls and smelter wedges;)

Thank you! I didn't realize I could deactivate those "shrines" or whatever the fuck this is. Decided to level up a bit before I keep on going there further. I feel like my Allone Captain Armor and Lightning Claymore isn't gonna cut it anymore. :<

Murk

Arcane
BTW the ring of steel protection (+2) is p legit in PVE. Better than stacking full havels in many cases.

Also, try non-elemental weapons.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom