Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
This been posted before?
http://www.darksoulsii.com/uk/functionalities.html

"New Enemy Placement, Gameplay Design"

Wonder what they mean with "Gameplay Design". Improved Leveldesign, perhaps? If the changes are significant enough, they got my money. I don't expect much from the DX11 graphics anyway.

This been posted before?
http://www.darksoulsii.com/uk/functionalities.html

"New Enemy Placement, Gameplay Design"

Wonder what they mean with "Gameplay Design". Improved Leveldesign, perhaps? If the changes are significant enough, they got my money. I don't expect much from the DX11 graphics anyway.
http://www.reddit.com/r/DarkSouls2/...er_in_development_they_said_were_hoping_that/

ther is a fuckton unused content in this game like this entrance from Shaded woods to Castle Drangleic. But i doubt there will be any significant changes to areas layout. Probably just shit like more enemies patrolling etc.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Any changes in the layout, however small, therefor makes multiplayer-compatibility between DX9/DX11 versions impossible. I hope there's a cheaper upgrade option for existing users. I wanted to start fresh with a couple characters anyway.

Murk

Arcane
For 2 months, I was in pretty much in the dark (har har) about the new stuff. Then I read it all. Hype level? 0.

I'm free. I'm fucking free, the curse is lifted, the spell is broken... I'm fucking free. Fuck you 700+ hours of game time, you don't control me anymore.

No more parry spamming tiara wearing katana using in-arena healing waifus. Never again ;D

Murk

Arcane
worst part -- still didn't get to max level on my tryhard scrublord ;D

Git gud m8
yuM7xBc.jpg

DramaticPopcorn

Eh, DS2 didn't grab me the way DS1 did. With poise being meaningless, all PvP felt like R1 spam. I didn't even complete the NG+ run with any characters

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
'cuz I really want everything to be as annoying as Tomb of Giants.

Ninja edit: Although I will say ToG is trivial with maggot helm and Ring of Fog.

Last edited:

DramaticPopcorn

That's not really comparable. Tomb of giants was designed with lighting as a challenge in mind from the ground up

This is kind of a fresh take on the game that has pretty much completely abandanoned mechanic of lighting and the challenge of sacrificing equipment slots in order to accomodate the surroundings.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
That Darkness mod would be a lot cooler if it hindered the AI as well. I don't see the point of it if only you are in the dark and the AI has xray/night vision.

Zep--

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
That Darkness mod would be a lot cooler if it hindered the AI as well. I don't see the point of it if only you are in the dark and the AI has xray/night vision.

Zep--

Well, it IS like Tomb of Giants then.

I actually liked the idea of that area so much i tried to do it without a source of light of any kind. Then i remembered this is Dark Souls and i came to my senses. Actually, i didn't remember, a giant arrow lodged in my back made me remember.

Last edited:
I just recently noticed that they removed hyper armor from Greathammer 2HR2s but kept it on Majestic Greatsword special attacks... All you see, really, is MLG pros spamming those specials since they're hard to interrupt and deal insane damage.

Same kinda shit as nerfing physical defense and buffing AR with Flynn's ring a couple patches back. Good thing they aren't touching anything PVP balance-wise in the upcoming patch.

Murk

Arcane
I just recently noticed that they removed hyper armor from Greathammer 2HR2s but kept it on Majestic Greatsword special attacks... All you see, really, is MLG pros spamming those specials since they're hard to interrupt and deal insane damage.

Same kinda shit as nerfing physical defense and buffing AR with Flynn's ring a couple patches back. Good thing they aren't touching anything PVP balance-wise in the upcoming patch.

.... and by that you mean they're only gonna buff katanas, right?

.... and by that you mean they're only gonna buff katanas, right?

And add a special ring that adds 50 AR when wielding a Katana only.

Murk

Arcane
adds additional counter relative to the kawaiiness of your waifu

collect all the tiaras and become the ultimate counter goddess

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
One question: Agape ring is FromSoftware's solution to Soul Memory?

Cause this shit is retarded. Wasting one ring slot for this crap.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
One question: Agape ring is FromSoftware's solution to Soul Memory?

Cause this shit is retarded. Wasting one ring slot for this crap.

The creation of that ring is evidence that B-team is retarded.

If they were worried that the top-tier levels would be lonely they could just expand the level ranges. I used to think SM was a ok idea but now I realize how fucking stupid I was.

A quick glance of /DSG/ reminded me that DaS1 has the same hitbox shit going on (minus the AGL stuff). Really, it's always grab attacks and shockwave attacks. People who started as a bandit in DaS2 were probably the most vocal about the "hitboxes" when trying to dodge shit.

ADP IS THE NEW RESISTANCE.

Gozma

Arcane
My favorite DaS1 extremely long active frame window is after the three different fat demon bosses do the buttslam and you have to wait forever to let the attack double for real run out of active frames before you hit them from the front

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom