Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

Tehdagah

Arcane
Some scrubs on LEddit have been saying that BoB arena has SL matchmaking now. Sounds like a bad meme to me.

This is what 1.2k HP newbies have been running into:

Bbc5lCp.jpg

:thumbsup:

Caim

Arcane
Alright, pretty much the only thing I need to do now is go to the Throne of Want a second time. So how about them DLCs? Should I get them all or are some of them shit and should be avoided?

OIK > IK > SK for me. Iron King is definitely the most challenging one and it's got some phat l00tz. Ivory King is a bit inconsistent for me - the whole area with white blob and rolling porcupines is just out of place. Sunken King is decent overall but a bit short... The chill atmosphere is the best though.

Last edited:
I've been trying to get my 39k SM twink through the entire thing before making any decisions about the build. I'm almost done with OIK DLC but it seems harder than my SL1 run. At least on my SL1 run I could get unlimited consumables and bolts.

praetor

Arcane
So how about them DLCs? Should I get them all or are some of them shit and should be avoided?

get them all. they're probably the best thing the Souls games have to offer, unlike the base game

Which of the three do you consider to be the best? Old Iron King?

SK has the best combo of atmosphere, level design, loot and bosses. OIK only has cool bosses, the rest was kinda meh (hated the atmosphere, didn't like the level design much, particularly the descent down to Fume was really bad, or the terrace with a bazillion huge "lava knights", although some parts were pretty cool like the side tower with the explodey cunts. the most inconsistent of the 3, imo). ivory is pretty cool, although i hate Ava because of the supermegawonkystupid hitboxes and the IK boss was kinda shit, although the rest was pretty excellent with a huge amount of (optional) shit to explore

So I took my 39k twink to 69k :smug:

LiSH0xg.jpg

After doing a bunch of co-op and not seeing any PvP at all, I found it in the most unusual place. I started putting Dragon Eye signs in Cardinal Tower and I was at Rank 3 in less than an hour.

Out of all the fights, most were n00bs with <20hrs game time just spamming R1 while I was spawning. I only encountered a few other twinks and rookies who thought that I was a white phantom. So strange...

In other news, I only recently found out that raw black dragon sword is the most OP rob flynn sword. 445 AR with minimal stat investment is up there with 99/99 RoB+2 straight swords.

The permanent humanity after collecting the 3 crowns is nice too.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
They should port the DS 2 on ps4 xbawx and pc to the bloodborne engine and then they could talk about graphic update, but they are too lazy.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

So with all that fuss they were making about new enemy placement and things would feel more appropriate for the area, like the fat knight on the upper level... the only thing that changed (that was shown in the video) is they moved the soldiers who are normally up there down to the spot the fat knight used to guard and put him in their spot. Genius! Where can I pay full price again?

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Just finished DS1... Delighted to see all the butthurt at the DS2 Steam store page. Oh well, I'll get to this one in four years or so. Playing DS1 yesterday was much more enjoyable than during launch, didn't get invaded once.

DramaticPopcorn

Just finished DS1... Delighted to see all the butthurt at the DS2 Steam store page. Oh well, I'll get to this one in four years or so. Playing DS1 yesterday was much more enjoyable than during launch, didn't get invaded once.
filthy casual

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
The game is already masochistic enough, I don't need a pr0k1ll4|-|666 backstabbing me while I try to balance on some narrow ledge. Especially when he's most probably sporting infi stamina and health...

Perkel

Arcane
Looks like "new version" will have original feature of torches back.

For people who don't know. Many areas in DS2 should have pitch black darkness. Which means that for example you would have to set your second weapon as torch which also means no shield scum. Which should change a lot how DS2 was played for many people.

This was especially important for of the main bosses (that jumping guy) where players should fight him with torch unless they would find option to lit whole arena.

VV confirms it in his video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=cg3vnui8OyQ#t=196

Other than that it also changes how enemy moves around level. If you played DeS you know how much enemy pursuit mechanic changes as in DeS they would pursue you a lot where in DS they would stop after a short while where you could kill them using that.
DS2 sotfs changes that and gives mobs ability to hunt you + they now patrol stuff

Looks like we are finally getting DS2 in original version of how it should be played.
One change though i don't know if i would like is increased number of enemies.

On one hand it resolves shield scum as you won't be able to just block 5 guys but same thing would be better handled with shield damage reduction being at max 90% instead of 100% of greater stamina burn.
On other hand it can mean shitty mobs where combat means mostly agro that shit and run in circle.

It would be awesome if they could add slow stamina burn for normal non sprint running. This would resolve above and would promote attack instead of defense.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom