Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

Murk

Arcane
So DS 2 is not a prequel, it's a sequel?

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yup sequel but they have not made clear the time traveling theories that have been made because of the images of locations which have changes

yes, happens around 1000 years after the first game. most of the stuff from lordran is myth/legends/forgotten shit in times of dark souls 2.

time traveling theories that have been made because of the images of locations which have changes

what location? what theories? please no time traveling bullshit:rage:

Murk

Arcane
Given that bonfire still exist, I am assuming the 'link the fire' ending was canon?

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Take it easy meanwhile, I mean from the concept art we have seen some before after location and the whole dragon bridge too
They are placing this new game so far in the future from the original Dark Souls that the question of which endding is the "true" one is moot since so much time has passed

Last edited:

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Yeah other than the birth of the bed of chaos (1000 years before DS) and the fall of Oolacile we don't have many more time references so the age of fire could have been going for 5000 years for all we know...what is another 1000 years where DS2 takes place?

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
The movements look more sluggish. Seems like the souls games are getting slower and slower.

Compare Demon's Souls to Dark to Dark 2.

From very recent experience, no perceivable difference between DeS and DkS.

DeS combat against normal enemies is actually more difficult, but that's because the mechanics are less consistent, and armor is relatively useless, causing enemies to do more damage in general.

praetor

Arcane
?

running is definitely slightly faster and floatier in DeS, and most weapon attack animations are noticeably faster (and being there's no poise, as Drago pointed out, stunlocking enemies is trivially easy)

A new website called something like “bonfire at the end of the world” (果ての篝火) will display a ton of in-game multiplayer data starting March 13th (at least in Japan, on mobile and PC) including:

• server status for PS3/Xbox/PC (preview on mobile site)
  • worldwide player death count and death reason
  • total count of vanished souls
  • ratio of human to hollow players
  • graph of player level distribution
  • defeated counts for all enemies
  • number of players killed by each boss, and number of times bosses have been defeated
  • rankings of popular weapons and armor (preview)
  • status of lit bonfires and cleared areas for all players
  • membership numbers for all covenants
  • co-op/invasion stats for all areas

Here is a sample picture showing some of the above data: the "cause of death" graph includes falling, trap, invasion, NPC, and other.

Other stuff:

• visitors got estus flasks (soft drink) and “ephemeral black meat buns” which you can order online starting on the 17th
  • soundtrack that comes with preorders contains all the BGM in game (74min)
  • under certain circumstances, you can lose up to 95% of your total health as a hollow
:fuuyeah:

71GJFLk.jpg

japs gonna jap

subotaiy

Cipher
Some mild spoilers of the begining part:
I like the part about being able to change the difficulty or positioning of mobs through a gift; Snuggly also likely confirmed.

Murk

Arcane
I think I'm hopping on the "sick of his voice" hate-train. Dudebro's getting more and more obnoxious. Shit, everyone's voice is getting more and more obnoxious.

Oh to be deaf /single tear

Kanedias

Savant
I asked HellkiteDrake (who is one of the best, most underrated Dark Souls youtubers) about the enemy respawn thing, and he believes I misunderstood and that only certain enemies have limited respawns, but not all of them. He told me that in the Network Test he was able to cause those giants that dual wield what look like huge shotels to stop respawning, but that normal enemies seemed endless.

praetor

Arcane
some speculated (or confirmed) that different enemies will have different "respawn counters", so the more regular mobs could have something like ~15 (the number that was most often thrown around) or more. i just hope that means there won't be enemies who drop pure bladestone/channeler's trident/tittie slab/balder sword with small finite counters

goddamn, i wish i could freeze myself in stasis until the game comes out

Karellen

Arcane
I asked HellkiteDrake (who is one of the best, most underrated Dark Souls youtubers) about the enemy respawn thing, and he believes I misunderstood and that only certain enemies have limited respawns, but not all of them. He told me that in the Network Test he was able to cause those giants that dual wield what look like huge shotels to stop respawning, but that normal enemies seemed endless.

Come to think of it, I remember that happening during the Network test. Specifically, the sickle-wielder on the bridge stopped respawning for me; at the time I thought it was just From messing with the enemy placements or something. I can't recall exactly how many times I'd killed it, but I'm sure I'd killed the Hollows just as many times, and they were still there, so it would seem reasonable that it's only some enemies. If so, it's probably not really any worse than mini-bosses in Dark Souls not respawning. I can't imagine they'd have every monster stop respawning; the way i see it, the whole thing about losing souls on death only really works precisely because you can grind it all back, so you're not losing anything irreplaceable. Having enemies actually disappear would not only make the world really strangely empty, but it would also violate the ground rules that the design of the game rests upon.

Visperas

Augur

Come to think of it, I remember that happening during the Network test. Specifically, the sickle-wielder on the bridge stopped respawning for me; at the time I thought it was just From messing with the enemy placements or something. I can't recall exactly how many times I'd killed it, but I'm sure I'd killed the Hollows just as many times, and they were still there, so it would seem reasonable that it's only some enemies. If so, it's probably not really any worse than mini-bosses in Dark Souls not respawning. I can't imagine they'd have every monster stop respawning; the way i see it, the whole thing about losing souls on death only really works precisely because you can grind it all back, so you're not losing anything irreplaceable. Having enemies actually disappear would not only make the world really strangely empty, but it would also violate the ground rules that the design of the game rests upon.

If that was the case, all enemies stopping from respawn, you always have NG+.

Kanedias

Savant
You also have the Bonfire Ascetic as well, which respawns all enemies (but makes them harder)

Tripicus

Augur
i just hope that means there won't be enemies who drop pure bladestone/channeler's trident/tittie slab/balder sword with small finite counters

Seems like almost a wave to Demon Souls crystal lizard system. Making sure you have PBWT to ensure a better chance of getting more stones from an extremely limited spawn that you can scare away, which will still decrease the counter...

Torrasque01

Augur
If it goes by DkS1 rules then if you exterminate one type of monster, the last one should drop everything it hasn't yet.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
BROS WHEN ARE THESE FUCKERS GOING TO GIVE THE PC RELEASE DATE FUUUUUUUUUUCK

PC master race can wait it's turn for true incline. That's what you get for bragging about how amazing you are.

Who's got the last laugh now bitch?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom