Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

deuxhero

Arcane
Ignoring all the usual marketing BS... what the hell is with her chin?

Kanedias

Savant
Translation of the German review

Most interesting tidbit: There's now an order of priority whenever you invade someone: you're more likely to get people who often invade other players, then people in a co-op session (gankers :P), then players in human form, and finally hollows.

Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Translation of the German review

Most interesting tidbit: There's now an order of priority whenever you invade someone: you're more likely to get people who often invade other players, then people in a co-op session (gankers :P), then players in human form, and finally hollows.

Sounds good. Everything I hear about PvP makes me think it will be a significant improvement. The invasions of hollows I'm not too sure about, but I will happily trade that for multiplayer servers, less cheesy backstabs and more equitable matchmaking. Although I am slightly worried that if the numbers of people who invade alot is much lower than people in coop there could be a bit of a vicious circle; invaders start getting consistently gangbanged, stop invading, those remaining get jumped even more etc. But at least people who don't want to get invaded get some protection.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Invaders will NEVER stop invading. They'll just git gud or cheese the gang bangers somehow.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria

it says it's not available in my country but this article says the PC version release date will be announced soon.

I read somewhere that the PC release date is 2nd of May.

That's mostly due to Amazon estimating that as a release date. The place I pre-ordered it from estimates it some time in April, and all From has said about it thus far is that they're expecting it to come out weeks, not months, after the console release.

aris

Arcane
A missed opportunity in DS1 was to turn your hair color orange whenever your soul counter is at 0, and then revert it back to whatever it was when you consume a soul. Too bad they don't have souls in DS2, only human effigies.

i bought yesterday black armour edition for ps3. i checked today and they dont have it anymore on amazon:fuuyeah: now i just need to buy ps3:lol: well lets pass winter exams first:hahano:

i will buy cd key for around 20 bucks later for fine dose of ganking with my brother on pc tards:M but i need to play it on launch. no spoilers , no metagaming shit no min/max build faggotry

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Ok I pre-ordered.

Hey, someone has to pay their bills while you PCers wait around for the $20 version.

PS:
If you pirate this without any intention of buying it later you're a douchebag. Go kill yourself.

Visperas

Augur
What are they going to do with all that CGI cutscenes? Will they appear ingame with your character appearance changed or what?

Visperas

Augur
Yeah, that's what I'm hoping but they're looking too good. It's probably prerendered for promotion purposes.

Murk

Arcane
dudebro needs to stop; even if he's not being payed to advertise the game he's turning into a slobbering fanboy

shit, from is either secretly paying these guys or reallllly knows how to do the viral marketing thing

Borelli

Arcane
1:45 feels Anor Londoish.

0:00 however ... giant ants. Eeuuughh i can't play this game now.:oops:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
1:45 feels Anor Londoish.

0:00 however ... giant ants. Eeuuughh i can't play this game now.:oops:

wpe16.jpg

Kanedias

Savant
also giant testicle monsters

And a Basilisk, too (it's dead on the ground, just before he gets ambushed by the testicle monsters)

--

Anyways, while I loved Demon's Souls, I don't like the sound of the story going back to DeS levels of accessible, I loved Dark Souls I's style much more. In Demon's Souls there are still cryptic things but the main plot is told at the beginning of the game via cutscenes. That game had a fantastic atmosphere to back it up, though.

P.S.: I dislike this apparent change, but it's funny to see how when Dark Souls 2 wasn't even announced, DeS nostalgiafags were saying that Demon's Souls had a better story, and now that apparently Dark Souls 2 goes back to that style, people say it's a sign of the game being dumbed down.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom