Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

Mortmal

Arcane
Only confirmation is looking at the shop release date. At least in france main shops its 15 may , on amazon the same. I wouldnt be too surprised, piracy is much lower on consoles the bulk of the profit is there. While the superior PC version will be torrented to death or sold at russian prices.Usually we get pc ports long after console release, while its disapointing its sadly better than usual.

Kanedias

Savant
Collector's Edition trailer, not too interesting aside from a couple new looks at the concept art

I really like the designs of the cloth gear. I noticed the male armor shown there is the one this phantom from the screenshots is wearing:

COt9nis.jpg

new blighttown on 3rd pic and that fucker Pursuer on second to last pic.

i like that you see only shapes of monsters in toxic clouds:kingcomrade:

Murk

Arcane
From has always recycled their ideas; usually switching it up a bit. Even from games as old as King's Field 1 (not even just the presence of the Moonlight Greatsword).

King's Field 3's plot is basically Ostrava's storyline in demon's souls etc.

Kanedias

Savant
In King's Field you also apparently healed with grass, like in Demon's Souls, and the grass itself looked like the Green Blossom from Dark Souls.

The flying enemies that snatch you (gargoyles in DeS and demons in DkS) also originate from King's Field.

I had seen a video that showed these similarities, but I can't seem to find it right now.

There's also another From Software game called Shadow Tower... I don't know much about it, except that you used souls to upgrade your stats.

Last edited:

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
I don't think the article is correct. There was a rumor saying that it would be released at that date, but Namco hasn't said anything, so maybe the article was just based on the rumor.

https://twitter.com/namcogames/status/439488380037263361

I just died a little bit inside, but I think I can take it. Pre-dying is just another small prerequisite to get ready for YOU DIED II. Let's hope it's out before Russia goes all nukey around the world.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
And yet we get codexers crying how dumb are the publishers. PC gaymers will buy the game twice with strategies like this. Im looking forward to pirating it.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Nobody is getting fooled here; we are aware we could wait for maybe 6 weeks for the PC release but since most of us are big fans who want to be there from day one to find out for ourselves stuff we read on a wiki on Demons or Dark Souls we don't mind double dipping for a company which makes such great games
Oh and have fun with your pirated copy; you are losing out on half the fun of ganking and the message game

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Nobody is getting fooled here; we are aware we could wait for maybe 6 weeks for the PC release but since most of us are big fans who want to be there from day one to find out for ourselves stuff we read on a wiki on Demons or Dark Souls we don't mind double dipping for a company which makes such great games
Oh and have fun with your pirated copy; you are losing out on half the fun of ganking and the message game
Multiplayer is also a good tatic to drive away piracy and bring the money in. I can live with some features out of the game just fine.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
I don't really get the problem with waiting. Don't want to get spoiled? Don't read stuff that could spoil you.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Why not? Dark Souls 2 is a game like any other. I'm not gonna do it, but I won't begrudge anyone who does.

But why wouldn't you buy a game from a dev that you want to support?

You may as well pirate every game with that rationale, be it Wasteland 2 or Skyrim.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
They do, Drago. It's why DRM keeps getting more invasive.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom