Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Very interesting making of in IGN guys

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
dudebro needs to stop

shit, from is either secretly paying these guys

From is not secretly doing anything, they are overtly hiring these people. For example, ENB was hired on to help write the strategy guide, then Vaati was contracted out to do a Gamestop advertisement. From is smart in hiring Youtube people who have come to represent their games, but Vaati is just despicable, because he pretends to be impartial, and every time he makes one of these DaS2 videos, it's always some cockteasing bullshit.

Murk

Arcane
ENB's another youtube guy i can't stand; that fucking voice >;( the content is p shit too but whatever, i usually can't take his speech long enough to get to any real depth

Kanedias

Savant
ENB's another youtube guy i can't stand; that fucking voice >;( the content is p shit too but whatever, i usually can't take his speech long enough to get to any real depth

ENB's content used to be good because he was the first one to make videos about the lore and it got a lot of people hooked up on it. His speech can be annoying sometimes but I like him overall. Vaati wasn't too bad either because he had good editing, but his recent videos just reek of click-bait.

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected

I'll always respect ENB miles above Vaati, because ENB came out immediately and told the community that he was working for From now, while Vaati hides who and what he is, and at the very least, ENB doesn't act like Mr. Drama in every single video he does.

ENB does do some stupid shit, like inventing fan fiction like the rest of the retarded community, and when DaS2 was announced, all of his information was wrong.

Kanedias

Savant
And at least ENB admits its speculation based on what's in the game, and he says that often in his videos, he never portrays his lore as fact. As opposed to Vaati who "discovers" lore. That's more the fault of his fans than him, but people seem to act as if Vaati actually discovers facts. In reality, all he does is formatting stuff people have been saying since ages ago. He doesn't even make the fanfiction himself.

I already gave an example earlier on this thread, I made a thread in the wiki forums about the DkS 2 network test's lore when we didn't even have footage, and a couple months later he does a "Dark Souls 2 lore" video on the beta stuff and he says exactly the same things.

praetor

Arcane
AngryEddy
why are you so butthurt about youtubers? they stole your imaginary gf or you're just retarded? 1. neither of them works for From, 2. the strategy guide is done by Futurepress, not From software, 3. that Vaati dude wasn't paid (allegedly), 4. marketing is done by Namco, not From, 5. don't make up shit just because this is the codex, you're worse than skyway 6. ALL lore stuff is "fanfiction" because barely anything has been confirmed by From (and since ENB actually spoke with people at From, he said some of his speculation was right and some was wrong, but we'll probably never know what), so even what you think is right is 99% "fanfiction" since it's so open to interpretation

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
AngryEddy
why are you so butthurt about youtubers? they stole your imaginary gf or you're just retarded? 1. neither of them works for From, 2. the strategy guide is done by Futurepress, not From software, 3. that Vaati dude wasn't paid (allegedly), 4. marketing is done by Namco, not From, 5. don't make up shit just because this is the codex, you're worse than skyway 6. ALL lore stuff is "fanfiction" because barely anything has been confirmed by From (and since ENB actually spoke with people at From, he said some of his speculation was right and some was wrong, but we'll probably never know what), so even what you think is right is 99% "fanfiction" since it's so open to interpretation

So many loaded questions and semantics games, I just don't know what to do!

1. I'm not butthurt about Youtubers, I just don't like Vaati specifically, because he's a marketing plant: the key offense is the "plant" part. If he made his connections clear, and said "I'm working for From in "X" capacity, and I've got "X" to show you" like ENB did, there would be no issue. Instead, it's all of this sneaky, cockteasing, bullshit.

2. I don't care about ENB, and I don't have a problem with the guy, but your point is stupid. Without From, there would be no strategy guide. Don't bring up ENB since you're attacking me on Vaati in particular.

3. He could be making a billion dollars, or 0, it doesn't make a difference, he's still a shill, pretending to be a bipartisan part of the fanbase. If he's not getting paid then he's willing to sell out his credibility for nothing, which makes him stupid, on top of being a shithead.

4. I haven't lied at all.

5. I was talking specifically about Dark Souls 1 in regards to fanfiction, not DaS2.

Last edited:

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Do you still have lice?
Did your mother quit being a whore?
Did you learn some foods you like, other than human feces?

/cooldex

Kanedias

Savant
I actually love that about Dark Souls... I know a lot of lore stuff is speculation (fanfiction, if you will) but I really like that approach to lore, it adds a lot to the atmosphere and the world. I like when people make videos or posts about it and discuss the contents.

I hope they keep that for Dark Souls 2, I really do. I feel like they'll just go back to the Demon's Souls ways, though...

Anyways I have to agree with AngryEddy on Vaati, maybe he exaggerates and says that about all the youtubes, but Vaati's constant fanboying ended up annoying me. No other Dark Souls youtuber is so openly click-baiting with videos. The worst offender was the previous video, which was called something like "Dark Souls 2 full playthrough". I mean come on.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
No other Dark Souls youtuber is so openly click-baiting with videos. The worst offender was the previous video, which was called something like "Dark Souls 2 full playthrough". I mean come on.

He literally told his fanbase to unsubscribe from everyone else, and only be subscribed to him.

Kanedias

Savant
I took that as a stupid joke, what irked me the most was the name of the video, because it was deceptive.

praetor

Arcane

1. I'm not butthurt about Youtubers, I just don't like Vaati specifically, because he's a marketing plant: the key offense is the "plant" part. If he made his connections clear, and said "I'm working for From in "X" capacity, and I've got "X" to show you" like ENB did, there would be no issue. Instead, it's all of this sneaky, cockteasing, bullshit.

2. I don't care about ENB, and I don't have a problem with the guy, but your point is stupid. Without From, there would be no strategy guide. Don't bring up ENB since you're attacking me on Vaati in particular.

3. He could be making a billion dollars, or 0, it doesn't make a difference, he's still a shill, pretending to be a bipartisan part of the fanbase. If he's not getting paid then he's willing to sell out his credibility for nothing, which makes him stupid, on top of being a shithead.

5. I was talking specifically about Dark Souls 1 in regards to fanfiction, not DaS2.

1. what's so sneaky? he sounds more like a commercial for the game than all the official trailers combined. you can't get more explicit than that :smug:

2. wow.. i know this is the codex, but i never expected this idiocy here. so by extension they must be working for Sony! dear god...

3. yes, he's an idiot (and then he associates with gamestop of all places), just mute the video and watch the new gameplay footage. why so butthurt?

4. yes you have. you claimed 2 people worked for From software, which is not true

5. so was i

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected

1. what's so sneaky? he sounds more like a commercial for the game than all the official trailers combined. you can't get more explicit than that :smug:

2. wow.. i know this is the codex, but i never expected this idiocy here. so by extension they must be working for Sony! dear god...

3. yes, he's an idiot (and then he associates with gamestop of all places), just mute the video and watch the new gameplay footage. why so butthurt?

4. yes you have. you claimed 2 people worked for From software, which is not true

5. so was i

You're just an unreasonable cunt that isn't even reading what i'm writing. I would continue arguing with you, but I can only be asked "Y U SO BUTTHURT" so many times before I realize i'm arguing with an animal.

Last edited:

praetor

Arcane
ah, the last line of defence of a man with no valid arguments, the "ad hominem and nothing else" attack. how typical... just keep making up bullshit

anyway, for the people who aren't butthurt faggots and can watch that video without raging uncontrollably: have you noticed the new bleed effect? pretty cool

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
AngryEddy

Hey guys Dark Souls 2

It's going to be p. cool

:thumbsup:

edit : it will surprise you

So cool
Dark Souls 2 is for everyone

You should buy the game!

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
AngryEddy

Hey guys Dark Souls 2

It's going to be p. cool

:thumbsup:

edit : it will surprise you

So cool
Dark Souls 2 is for everyone

You should buy the game!

Follow the money people

alexjones.jpg

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
So let me see if I got ths straight angry eddy, since the isssue seems to be repeating itself; you are somehow implying that a guy who has been contributing videos done in his own time and at his expense for the sole purpose of sharing his love for Dark Souls and his fanboism for all things From Software more than a year has somehow been magicaly transformed into a sellout because he got asked to submit the very same "I love DS" message to some videos which he had already done but now they appear on the Gamestop site?
And he is doing this for money?
Hey let's take this a bit foward then, Vaati is such a mastermind that he must have planned this all along, he planned Namco Bandai to notice his fawning fanboism to become their own mole agent in the Dark Souls communty when the tme was right!
Oh and he has even done it for Metro Last Light, why yeah paid fanboi fer sure!
You retarded little shit you must secretly be in love with Vaati and since you cannot have that cool suave voice reciting you how the pimples in your ass are so plump and add such niice texture when he is squeezing them you must now have target him for destruction since you cannot have him and love him and...
Oh you see how retarded internet posters can get?
get a life or go play a game bub

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
I like how a 2013 poster is smarter than a 2012 poster.

Perhaps there is hope for the future.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom