Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

Visperas

Augur
The last laugh is surely gonna be from PC master race, when the game comes to PC, all consolenerds will have already laughed... :(

Kanedias

Savant
There's a new trailer but it's mostly rehashed Dark Souls 1 trailer footage + a generic hollywood narrator.

Mortmal

Arcane
But ive finished MMX and blackguards and there's nothing left to play ! I need it ! i need it NOW ! NOW ! raaaaaaarh!!

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I would normaly agree Castanova but my fanboism is too strong for this one. I want to be there on there on the ground floor to find things out on my own this time; I got spoiled by let's play and walkthough with Dark Souls and I won't be able to hold off if I waited for the PC version.
I don't play almost any game on release (a huge backlog over there) and to be honest I rather buy and play the PS3 version and then get the PC one when it comes out, even if it is a couple of weeks behind, to support a developer I really like. In the back of my mind I am thinking I could pirate the PC version and feel justified over playing almost twice the normal sale price here in Mexico but I simply don't have a problem with getting both.
I practice enough restrain in my everyday life as to not flip out like Michael Douglas in that crazy movie;
I mean watch what you eat, check you colesterol, not too much sugar, go to the gym you lazy bum, pay your fucking taxes, use a condom because of STDs or if you get that girl pregnant you better marry her or her brothers are going to shoot you on a picnic in the forest
Enough of that shit, I want to enjoy something fully at least without worrying about it

Kanedias

Savant
Review of Dark Souls 2 in a German magazine, I don't have the whole thing but here's the first page: http://i.imgur.com/1N558HC.jpg

It contains the picture of a new boss, so be warned about spoilers.
The boss is called The Depraved

Any of you speak the language and have more to add?

nothing interesting, its first page so same old talk . the new stuff are those pharos keys, you find them scattered over drangleic. you can use them to open chests with treasure or trap. they gave ds2 90% , ds1 got 88 and demons 82

Kanedias

Savant
"Bone of Order - restores link to other worlds"

Finally. An item to make invasions available on an area you have already cleared. Or at least that's what it sounded like to me...

Last edited:

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Those stonefaces look creepy/awesome. Collecting them opens up secret areas or traps all over the world. Not sure if this was confirmed before.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
You know what, I noticed something:

There's no counter where your humanity thingy is. No more hoarding 99 humanity anymore?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Review of Dark Souls 2 in a German magazine, I don't have the whole thing but here's the first page: http://i.imgur.com/1N558HC.jpg

It contains the picture of a new boss, so be warned about spoilers.
The boss is called The Depraved

Any of you speak the language and have more to add?
Summoning Jasede to spoil himself and others.
Prepare to die: when a videogame prides itself in its commercials that it will kill you over and over again then that's a pretty bold marketing stratagem. When gamers thus indeed keep dying an unusual amount, yet still don't cease playing then the game must have done a few things right. Just like the "Souls" games made by From Software managed to admirably walk that difficult line between frustration and motivation.
The secret of those action RPGs: a clever game system that permits great freedom when it comes to developing your character, yet still mercilessly demands skill from the player. Or rather: if your character dies, you suck. A philosophy that, fortunately, still applies to DS 2. And that even though the third entry into the Souls series was supposed to have been more accessible, according to the creators. We'll explain why that's the case in the following pages.

Strange world, familiar task
First things first: fans of complex narrations and lengthy cutscenes are going to be disappointed yet again. Even though there's a fancy intro sequence to introduce the nameless hero's arrival in the mysterious kingdom Drangleic, after that the plot is mostly advanced through bits and pieces. Usually by means of optional monologues by merchants and other NPCs which don't really illuminate much about the enigmatic world. Just like in the last two games, basically. The same is true for your quest: your hero is struck by a curse of undeath and thus with a hunger for monsters' souls.
The base for the demon hunt is the humble settlement Majula. No monsters lurk here, but little by little, various services become accessible here to aid with your journey. Various stores sell weapons, armor and various items; mages and pyromancers teach you spells and the blacksmith will upgrade your equipment; you can talk to the so-called Emerald Messenger to level up. Unlike the predecessor...

subotaiy

Cipher
Just ignore the usual marketing bs.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom