Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Then i made my way to Manjula, where I accidentally joined the covenant that makes the game harder because I thought I was hitting the no button, then i switched and hit the yes button on the 3rd prompt. It's all I ever wanted.
Wait, what? Which covenant in Majula makes the game harder?

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Then i made my way to Manjula, where I accidentally joined the covenant that makes the game harder because I thought I was hitting the no button, then i switched and hit the yes button on the 3rd prompt. It's all I ever wanted.

The cat tells you to go behind the house and talk to the stone (up a little path behind the house)

Zep--

If anyone is looking to increase their item discovery, try wearing the Traveling Merchant Hat. The Explorer class starts with one, and it can also be obtained from the Forest of Fallen Giants (old hag) merchant. I've been wearing it since the start of the game, and all kinds of items have been dropping from enemies on a regular basis. Random weapons, enemy armor sets, shards ect. Either the hat raises item discovery to a noticable amount, or item drops are now fairly common, so someone else who hasn't been wearing hat will have to offer a comparison. The Gold Serpent Ring is back as well, but it's acquired later in the game.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Does Agility affect how fast you use items?

Agility is god stat and Adaptability plays a huge role in raising it.

Explorer class is amazing. Starting with 30 life gems is hot sex.

Backstabs and Parries are much harder in this game. Parries have quite the delay. May get better by raising adaptability.

Last edited:

praetor

Arcane
so, it appears there are 2 rings that are obtained by completing the game with some.. requirements

1. ring that makes your left hand weapon invisible: finish the game without dying
2. ring that makes your right hand weapon invisible: finish the game without lighting any friggin bonfire! :rage:

well played, From... well played, indeed

btw, have you guys seen the vastly superior Jap CE?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

The cat tells you to go behind the house and talk to the stone (up a little path behind the house)

Zep--
Oh. I joined that too whitout knowing what that covenant does. :D Cool, I thought my current difficulty in the game is the standard Dark Souls difficulty.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
The three sentries. :negative:
This is probably the hardest Souls boss I've ever encountered, although my Sorcerer wearing rags is screaming to be penetrated by them from all sides. Also, I'm not exactly sure if it's a good idea to try to take them on yet. I may still be too low level for them.

Kanedias

Savant
Some advice to those playing: Always talk to the NPCs a lot until they run out of dialogue. Some of them give items / tips, one of them opens up an area that's mandatory to continue with the game (the miracle lady in Heide's)

By the way, yesterday I went to what must be the hardest area in the Souls series as of yet, at least for a melee character

Shrine of Amana. Lots of water, sorcerer enemies that see you from ridiculous distances and fire perfectly accurate, homing soul bolts.

So far the area art design variety is beyond retarded for me. I feel like i'm playing WoW-level of gimmicky at times. Jungle ruins, pirate vikings, giant moonlit towers and ramparts, lava fortress, poison trap fortress, poison mine valley and so on. BUT i really don't give a shit since all of this crap is jam-packed with hand-placed encounters and awesome gameplay mechanics. Every area transition is like going from undead parish to darkroot.

I was pleasantly surprised that some bosses become easier if you pay attention to some environment "puzzles" like making the room brighter or draining certain liquid.

Drakron

Arcane
*Sees the ending*
*Its shit*

Thanks for helping making my decision YouTube uploader ...

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I had writen this long post explaning agility and how it affected the speed of all your actions, from drinking estus to rising your shield and I accidentaly hit back on this damn phone and erased it. As a general recomendation for all classes try to rasie it at least at 15 (20 is almost the same as the original DS) and keep an eye on your load because regadless of your roll speed its roll distance is affected by your equip load and that might mean the difference of getting out of the range of a greatsword or getting hit

80Maxwell08

Arcane
So anyone else feeling framerate issues on PS3? I've been feeling small drops just about everywhere.

praetor

Arcane
^the general consensus is that frame drops are everywhere and fps in general is really inconsistent (better on xcocks but there's lots of screen tearing there because of no v-sync)

in other news, the website tracking statistics is now live

80Maxwell08

Arcane
^the general consensus is that frame drops are everywhere and fps in general is really inconsistent (better on xcocks but there's lots of screen tearing there because of no v-sync)

in other news, the website tracking statistics is now live

Falls are the second highest cause of death after 'enemy' by a very high margin

try jumping

:troll:

edit: you'd think after the two games people would learn, tho...
It could be people trying to figure out which ledges lead to something or not. I've seen a bunch of bloodstains of people just jumping off cliffs.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Holy shit that Boss ( ??? ) knight you fight on top of the burg (I don't mean the mirror knight) - he raped me before, I summoned a phantom and he easily raped us in one hit. How the hell am I gonna beat this boss :o That Titan boss down there wasn't very hard though.

Also, found a ring that gives me stamina regen boost, yay. Also got a lucky (?) drop from one of those "turtle" knights and can now larp being a ball made of steel. :D

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
The framerate is kind of choppy on some places (seems to be a DOF loading issue) but it is pretty stable and to be honest much better than what I expected from DS.
I laughed out loud at the death toll; I have been like a lemming jumping everywhere and as always in From games there are pretty sweet rewards for those who explore.
I algo got the turtle knight gear and it looks cool but very heavy...speaking of the turtles their AI seems pretty dumb in comparison to how they reacted in the demo but it is ok, the game overall seems easier than DS but maybe the fact that I just finished a playthrough may have my reflexes prepared

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Yeah regular enemies are harder because they come in packs but overall I haven't run into many "throw away controller" moments and most of my deaths are due to beign reckless with trying to sneak in an extra hit instead of dodgning or not doing proper crowd control on big packs on mobs
I always felt DeS was the hardest, DS hard and DS2 seems easier in comparisson

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Most of my deaths come from the awkward platforming. Moving the jump button to L3 is a huge improvement over the shitty shit they had in DeS, but still.. eh.. I still manage to fail and die miserably at what you'd think would be the easiest leaps ever.

Kanedias

Savant
After playing DkS, I beat DeS like nothing, but this game has areas that gave me a lot of trouble. There's a large difficulty spike past the Lost Bastille, by the way. It's the normal enemies that give me the most problems.

Also, the endgame seems to have a proper difficulty this time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom