Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Holy shit

The Gutter is what happens when Tomb of Giants and Blighttown have a baby.

The Gutter was way too easy. It really seemed like all the "island" parts were copy/pasted. So disappoint.

Brightstone is now officially the most retarded level ever. Holy shit it's so fucking generic.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Fuuuu I accidentaly hit a merchant in a location and because he angry I had to kill him, does the mechanic for speaking to dead npc from the network test still work? I hate it when that happens...

Kanedias

Savant
Muh lightning

Oh I forgot to say, I've done this area. It looks nowhere as bad as the second screenshot, but it looks much different than the first screenshot. That's mainly because the area got a redesign, it's not as ruined anymore. I don't know why they changed it

80Maxwell08

Arcane
Oh I forgot to say, I've done this area. It looks nowhere as bad as the second screenshot, but it looks much different than the first screenshot. That's mainly because the area got a redesign, it's not as ruined anymore. I don't know why they changed it
Probably less to render judging from the two consoles' performance.

Gentle Player

Arcane
Christ Almighty, this game is anally violating me. Demon's souls was fairly easy for me having completed Dark Souls beforehand, so I figured DS2 would be even easier. NOPE, fucking hell. The basic soldier enemies are actually threatening; one mistake as a hollow and say goodbye to your health, with which you can only heal using a single flask, or lifegems which aren't guaranteed drops. I don't know what's wrong with me, but I can't defeat the first bloody boss. I've died to him so many times that the hollow en-route to his lair has stopped respawning. In fact I've died more times to him than any boss in Dark Soul barring Manus and Kalameet, and I've probably died more times to him than the combined total of all my deaths from Demon's Souls bosses on my first playthrough. Embarrassing.

Having great fun though!:love:

80Maxwell08

Arcane
One question: Is it better than Dark Souls or Demon Souls?

Dunno yet.

How do you guys feel about limited respawns?
Not really sure yet honestly. I mean I grinded quite a bit more than I probably should have in Demon's Souls and I still felt underleveled when I hit NG+. Hell that freaking spider one shot me when I was mid 90s. I don't really think it will make it better or worse currently but time will tell I guess.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I would have to say that the atmosphere of Demons Souls is still unmatched in the Dark Souls but overall I am enjoying this very much, there are some uneven areas and some questionable mechanics, but for one so so area we get a few awesome places like most of the end game; seems they designed the most important areas first so the game wouldn't trail of like Dark Souls.
The fast travel option takes away from the insolation feeling of "how am I going to get out of here" and the leveling up forcing you to go back to see the Herald.
Other than that I belive it is not as good as Dark Souls overall but better in the gameplay department so it makes a better experience overall.
On the respawns...I am an old school player who loved to spend half an hour to afford to buy a ceramic knife in Phantasy Star 2 or who might do MMO style "crafting item searches" so I think the limited respawns serve for the best; the force you to move to other areas after you have wasted everybody so you CAN grind but it is less mechanical (like the fire drake bridge or the slimes and rats in the Depths) plus it does help to make things easier for diffcult areas or enconters; it almost has like a kamikaze feel of attacking a particular dificult monster mob to thin them out while at 50% lifebar only to go back at 100% when you are ready for the boss and you have a clearer path to him.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Really loving the game so far! Only thing that annoys me is having to teleport to that Lady to Level up, going through her dialogue all the Time. Just seems like wasted Time and unresponsive to me.

still haven't killed that serene blablabla guy :fuu:

oh and on Top of a wall in the forest of fallen giants, you REACH that wall by climbing a big rooot while hollows shoot arrows from the right. You also get to meet that serene etc. On there - there is a path tp a Mine (???) blocked by boulders on there. Anyone Know how to get past them?

Hobo Elf

Arcane
How do I get the NPC to come set up a ladder for me into the Majula pit? I'm kinda stumped and don't know where to go. Hurting for some Pharos' Lockstones to get into new areas, and I heard that there are some mobs down the pit who drop them.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I know exactly what you mean. I'll get to it once I beat this boss fight. At first I thought it was gonna be hard but doable. Then..
wheel skeletons. FUCK.

Tribal Sarah

Arbiter
Playing as a sorcerer. I got to Lost Bastile. Alarm bells immediately started ringing. I had 26,000 souls and I knew I should go back and lvl up/buy some stuff. Nope. Decided to go have a look around. Killed the first bunch and then got to the boss area. Instant spinny death. Summoned someone to help me get back. I had 1 effigy. Fell off a stair when a fat fuck rushed me. All souls lost. Oh well, just another dark souls day

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
How are you guys so fast already :o I am still not finished with either Forest of Fallen Giants or that Heide Tower (the latter atleast I defeated the dragon rider boss at first try)

Magic mace +10, tower shield +10 and summoned NPC. That was the end of looking glass knight on first try.

Shrine of Amana is easy if you have patience to hide behind pillars with a decent bow and take those mages one by one.

I almost got to the second fog door and realized that the water becomes deep at the end much too late.

:gumpyhead:

Criticism time:

There's a bit of that Fallout 2 to Fallout 1 feeling. DS1 feels more subtle and generally darker. DS2 is really much bigger and has more variety of the "theme park" sort. There's a bajillion areas that don't connect in any way with each other, bajillion items/weapons/armor that I never even bothered to use.

I like the game, but the charm of DS1 isn't there. I blame it all on travel anywhere really. The game becomes pretty much a bonfire run - get to a new bonfire and warp back to buy shit/level. Emerald Herald is the most retarded thing since Candle Maiden. Weapon upgrade system sucks - I had +10 weapons/armor halfway through the game. Warping to other areas when running into difficulty just ruins the flow. Regular enemies being much tougher is really the only thing keeping up the challenge. I had way too many souls and had to buy useless trinkets to avoid overlevelling.

Sound design is really sub-par this time. NPC writing/acting is a lot more generic without and more plentiful. New Solaire/Patches just don't cut it.

Graphics - I really don't care, but I preferred DS1 over this. Animations are out of whack, armor is completely covered with HAVOK(TM)-CLOTH-PHYSICS-CHECKITOUTGUYSSOCOOL!!11!

They really should've focused on something other than adding tons of "stuff". DS1 was a lot more unforgiving.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
... clip ...

Already posted several pages ago.

Criticism time:

There's a bit of that Fallout 2 to Fallout 1 feeling. DS1 feels more subtle and generally darker. DS2 is really much bigger and has more variety of the "theme park" sort. There's a bajillion areas that don't connect in any way with each other, bajillion items/weapons/armor that I never even bothered to use.

I like the game, but the charm of DS1 isn't there. I blame it all on travel anywhere really. The game becomes pretty much a bonfire run - get to a new bonfire and warp back to buy shit/level. Emerald Herald is the most retarded thing since Candle Maiden. Weapon upgrade system sucks - I had +10 weapons/armor halfway through the game. Warping to other areas when running into difficulty just ruins the flow. Regular enemies being much tougher is really the only thing keeping up the challenge. I had way too many souls and had to buy useless trinkets to avoid overlevelling.

Sound design is really sub-par this time. NPC writing/acting is a lot more generic without and more plentiful. New Solaire/Patches just don't cut it.

Graphics - I really don't care, but I preferred DS1 over this. Animations are out of whack, armor is completely covered with HAVOK(TM)-CLOTH-PHYSICS-CHECKITOUTGUYSSOCOOL!!11!

They really should've focused on something other than adding tons of "stuff". DS1 was a lot more unforgiving.

This shit is depressing. I watched several streams and the quantity of mobs is simply rubbish.

aris

Arcane
I like the game, but the charm of DS1 isn't there. I blame it all on travel anywhere really. The game becomes pretty much a bonfire run - get to a new bonfire and warp back to buy shit/level.
Are you forced to warp between bonfires to get from one area to the other? If not, that's a pretty retarded criticism.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom