Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Denuvo DRM Thread

even starforce3 didn't destroy ALL the computers, but it indeed severely damaged many of them. one test means little, on my rig anything with denuvo doesn't go faster than 1 frame every 4 seconds. i don't know if's been fixed with latest versions, it's still denuvo, i don't care.

about the cracking issue: a working crack, a file recognized as "crack", is a gold (or more recent) executable with a protection system inside it which has been completely rendered inert. that's the rule as it was born, not that it'd care much nowadays. gog files don't contain any protection system, thus they're not proper cracked releases. just releases. average joe wouldn't care and won't complain, but cracker groups would eat your eyeballs for saying otherwise.

Last edited:

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Not cracked, it's completely unprotected exe. Now you finally can experience a quest for obtaining D-model, instead of asking Cindy directly... Not sure if memory leak is repaired already in this version.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
It could be a troll job,somebody didn't get a bonus or his boss is a total dick and decided to leak it for his pc.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Code:
In the dawn of 11th,
I'll be coming again.
So, get psyched
and await my command.

For now be patient
and I shall only say
"I can see why Bulma
 chose Vegeta."

Some people had some successes in breaking apart the newest version of money making scheme, in theirs homes. Looks like rewards come to these who patiently waited.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
For me game is cracked if you can download it from some torrent site and play it. The rest are semantics.

Software cracking (known as "breaking" in the 1980s) is the modification of software to remove or disable features which are considered undesirable by the person cracking the software, especially copy protection features (including protection against the manipulation of software, serial number, hardware key, date (sic..) )

db0.jpg

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
For me game is cracked if you can download it from some torrent site and play it. The rest are semantics.

Software cracking (known as "breaking" in the 1980s) is the modification of software to remove or disable features which are considered undesirable by the person cracking the software, especially copy protection features (including protection against the manipulation of software, serial number, hardware key, date (sic..) )

db0.jpg
Couldn't you wait a few more month mate? This horse is far too fresh.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Interestingly Ive been reading that voski (the twentyish years old cracking these latest denuvo version) releases are not really scene worthy. His method would get nuked in the scene release or something.

Would love to undersrand what he is doing cs what cpy were doing withbthe older denuvo

a proper crack is when the main executable is modified in orded to make the software work without copy protection. any other method would have been not scene worthy.

i thought i went into this already.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Thanks Baldman.
Baldman is the best.

And V should get some rest. Denuvo is crap, but you shouldn't risk your mental health.

Yup yet another cryptic message. But it's nice to see someone still fighting for rights of users to archive theirs games and use them without being monitored by second and third party. There is reason FTC outlawed Intel from doing what Denuvo is doing now. And there is reason why ALL modern routers are able to forge MAC address.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, :salute:'s to those trying to make sure our games work for the next few decades, rather than just until Denuvo shuts off servers. Corporations certainly don't give a fuck, and we rely on the community.

Perkel

Arcane
It's confirmed on Steam page. SE were not smartests, of course they paid for that before release, and now they will not get money back.

From what i understand Denovo won't get paid if game is cracked fast or something like that.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I know some people would complain anyway because they see stuff like Denuvo as rootkits or malware, but these companies would have SUCH an easier time of it if they just patched the DRM out after either it was cracked or a significant period of time, like a year or two. Game preservation and ownership is the true concern, so just remove it after it's useless and most of us have a lot less to complain about. I don't get why this isn't industry standard.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
As everyone already knows Voksi was accused by Denuvo, and now he shows why when you are doing cracks it's important you would not be trackable on internet. Technically Voksi was only part of Bulgaria that shown technical competence, thus by attacking him Bulgaria become more third world country than Bulgaria is.

Thus if you registered on his forum just to look around and possibly chat, check your passwords and possibly change them. You know, someone can violate your privacy because he finds your passwords and emails. (You will not be able to do anything with emails or whatever, but you don't wanna some dishonest policemen to impersonate you on a forum.)

Kinda problem, in case someone wanted to know how DRM endangers disabled that are using PC as disability aid, Voksi had deep knowledge from real time analysis, and could run some tests.

fantadomat is screwed up.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.usgamer.net/articles/an...denuvo-files-lawsuit-against-drm-hacker-voksi

Anti-Tamper Software Maker Denuvo Files Lawsuit Against DRM Hacker Voksi
Voksi and Revolt have been shut down by Bulgarian authorities.

Denuvo anti-tamper is a name that causes a lot of gut reactions if you're a seasoned PC gamer. The anti-tamper tech, or DRM, is a popular way for game developers to prevent their games from being pirated, at least for a little while. It's not long until the DRM is "cracked" by hackers who find ways to bypass the unpopular software. Now, Denuvo has filed a lawsuit against Voksi and his hacker group REVOLT, one of the biggest names in the DRM cracking scene.

In a reddit post to r/CrackWatch, a subreddit dedicated to hacking DRM enabled games, Voksi revealed why his website REVOLT is no longer functioning. "It finally happened, I can't say it wasn't expected, Denuvo filed a case against me to the [Bulgarian] authorities," Voksi writes. "Police came yesterday and took the server PC and my personal PC."

Voksi explains that he contacted Denuvo looking for a "peaceful resolution" but Denuvo reportedly responded that the matter will be decided by Bulgarian prosecutors. Voksi writes the they will no longer be able provide cracks for Denuvo DRM. "Sadly, I won't be able to do what I did anymore. I did what I did for you guys and of course because bloated software in our games shouldn't be allowed at all. Maybe someone will continue my fight."

Denuvo anti-tamper is a popular DRM software that prevents illegal piracy of video games. Denuvo might be able to protect a game for weeks or months, but the rush to break past the software is aggressive. Still, many argue that Denuvo protects a game from piracy during the launch period which is crucial for sales. Some developers even remove Denuvo voluntarily after a certain time period or after it's been cracked.

However, there are some that say Denuvo is anti-consumerist or at worst, harmful to games. Sonic Mania has recently come under fire after it was said the Sonic Mania Encore DLC's "rushed" Denuvo implementation caused Sonic Mania to slow down. Tekken producer Katsuhiro Harada also suggested stuttering issues in Tekken 7 were caused by Denuvo.

Denuvo remains deeply unpopular with a certain group of PC gamers and there are multiple groups who crack the DRM software. But Voksi's forced retirement from the scene means one of the most well-known and popular cracking groups might be out of commission for now.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I hope that nothing happens to the guy,he did nothing wrong,it will be a shame if our people cucked to the western greed. Still it is not much of a lose(the crack),it is not like i play any AAA games anyway.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom