Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Denuvo DRM Thread

kirin

Learned
just goes to show that the most powerful drm is online-save-only. gujian 3, still uncracked after so many years.

Azdul

Magister
Not strictly about Denuvo, but still relevant:

"EA post-launch support for Battlefield 5 was cut short, let's hope they would not do the same for Battlefield 6, or I get VERY ANGRY" - if all customers are this stupid, EA has nothing to worry about.
"Playstation 4 games on discs will run forever" - while forgetting about Day 1 patches, which are often larger than a game on disk.
"EGS is as bad as Steam" - while forgetting about existence of DRM-free stores, like itch.io or GOG.

The video reminds me of Slashdot guys that buy Playstations, iPhones and Macs, because they value open source and consumer rights - so they won't install Windows.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Not strictly about Denuvo, but still relevant:

"EA post-launch support for Battlefield 5 was cut short, let's hope they would not do the same for Battlefield 6, or I get VERY ANGRY" - if all customers are this stupid, EA has nothing to worry about.
"Playstation 4 games on discs will run forever" - while forgetting about Day 1 patches, which are often larger than a game on disk.
"EGS is as bad as Steam" - while forgetting about existence of DRM-free stores, like itch.io or GOG.

The video reminds me of Slashdot guys that buy Playstations, iPhones and Macs, because they value open source and consumer rights - so they won't install Windows.

What a tired and beaten to death argument. "But muh lawbreakers can't be played anymore"

Would you really wanna play an online overwatch clone with zero userbase? Just standing around in a map because "Muh 59.99 I paid 10 years ago"
Youtubers are just so desperate for outrage topics they make such leaps in logic.

Yea if Steam went bankrupt and I lost all my games I'd be salty.. but I'd just pirate them then. Fug it.

flyingjohn

Arcane
A famous russian repacker has died.
e63c9ccd4282a2b99b88f093fce771ea.jpg

You will be missed xatab.

Last edited:

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Would you really wanna play an online overwatch clone with zero userbase? Just standing around in a map because "Muh 59.99 I paid 10 years ago"
Youtubers are just so desperate for outrage topics they make such leaps in logic.
BF2142 pirate servers were going as far as 2020, with enough people to fill at least a couple of full servers. Some games keep being interesting and don't fall into obscurity two years after release.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
BF2142 pirate servers were going as far as 2020, with enough people to fill at least a couple of full servers. Some games keep being interesting and don't fall into obscurity two years after release.

What's wrong with Pirated servers for dead games? I don't give a shit - did I make an argument against it?
I don't think game publishers should have to offer dedicated servers for dead games out of pocket.. but I'm fine for communities to create their own?

Also: JarlFrank :lol:
Your little brofist / retardo contribution. Really building that wave of support~~! Lmao

Cael

Arcane

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
EA closed down your old Battlefield server?
k.. sure? EA Bad I guess? Maybe stop buying their games then moron - what's your point?
I don't even play BF2142 you fucking retard. The point is simple: people bought the game. BF2142 is a decent game and it was made by the old Dice, before they sold out their souls. Previous installments in the series are perfectly playable today - even the first game, BF1942; but 2142, being the one from the "always online" crowd was just switched off. There's no problems with setting up a custom server for BF1942, but for this game it cannot be done: people at EA decided that all people who paid their money for the game just shouldn't play it anymore. Is such practice is fine to you?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom