Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Division by Ubisoft

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Best excuse for poor optimization ever.

typical user

Arbiter
Best excuse for poor optimization ever.

Beta ran fine for me. This game has almost no optimazation issues excluding volumetric fog which provides no change with higher options yet tanks up framerate.

What the dev meant was probably about removal of trash and debris so the game would run better. PCs would handle that but consoles would struggle to get "cinematic" 30fps, so they gimped on map design and figured, this is PvP game, there must be some consistency across all platforms. Or they scrapped ice melting from heat feature as well as some other things they advertised with their Snowdrop Engine because those things were too taxing on all systems.

Game still looks impressive, less cluttered, washed-out but impressive. You can still run it in 4k and increase sharpening while fiddle with color palette in options. And there is no bullshittery like in GTA V which has no tripple buffering and broken Anisotropic Filtering since PC release.

What pisses me off is season pass. No point buying it on release as Ubisoft will go hard and release overpriced stuff to milk their consumer base. They already announced DLCs with new content that should be present in vanilla, as lategame activities are simply nonexistent. Those french jews.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Beta ran fine for me. This game has almost no optimazation issues excluding volumetric fog which provides no change with higher options yet tanks up framerate.
of course since they took the time to downgrade it. To match console versions of course.

this is PvP game, there must be some consistency across all platforms. Or they scrapped ice melting from heat feature as well as some other things they advertised with their Snowdrop Engine because those things were too taxing on all systems.
Wait it's cross-platform pvp?

typical user

Arbiter
of course since they took the time to downgrade it. To match console versions of course.

Then people would yell this game requires hardware from the future to play at max settings. They have reduced amount of objects so people with worse setups could run it. Optimizing isn't simple re-write code, clean up until you get 60fps. This game at current level looks very impressive and runs very well. If we were talking about Watch Dogs then I would agree it's optimization level was shit.

Wait it's cross-platform pvp?

No. I meant this game has to have same level of design. Same streets with no big changes to movement, no additional cover and such. Dev in that article doesn't even say what has been downgraded to achieve same level of quality. They could've been talking about map size or pracitcally anything. They have removed that somewhat useless smartphone app allowing to play as a support drone while AFK, so maybe it was budget issue. They have had delayed this game couple of times.

We just have click-bait article going on Ubisoft hate bandawagon.

Gerrard

Arcane
There' an open beta coming up so now everyone can see for themselves how shitty the game is! Yay!

Dexter

Arcane
Played the "Open Beta" (Demo) for about 10 hours and I kinda like it so far even though it doesn't exactly look like first advertised it's better than I expected, but probably not enough for me to get the game (right away).

Screens: https://sli.mg/a/vaOL08

The biggest problem will likely be lack of proper content for a "MMO"-like game, which is already hinted to in the "Open Beta". After about 3-5 hours my char was max. Level (Level 8) for the Beta (Level 30 is apparently max. for the final game) and had done the two available Story-missions, as well as any minor Side quests available in the open district and after that the only thing left to do is equipment and Rank grinding in the "Dark Zone" (a PvP-enabled area).
Kind of stupid that actual PvP seems to be discouraged there. Players (and their entire squad) that willfully attack others are tagged "Rogue" for up to 5 minutes, basically indicating that they are free to hunt down for everyone else in the area, and if killed you lose the items you've picked up in the area and haven't "saved" yet (there's a whole mechanic about "decontaminating" items), as well as any chest keys and an amount of money and have to corpse-run before other players loot it all. To top it all off there's also Bounty (money) and XP rewards for hunting "Rogues" down.
A funny thing about using the ingame voice-chat is that it automatically broadcasts to all the other players around in hearing range, so you can talk to other people you meet but the downside seems to be that if you're saying something only meant for your party (like asking for help or talking about attacking someone) they'll likely hear it too and can take advantage.

Last edited:

Direwolf

Arcane
Played the "Open Beta" (Demo) for about 10 hours and I kinda like it so far even though it doesn't exactly look like first advertised it's better than I expected, but probably not enough for me to get the game (right away).

Screens: https://sli.mg/a/vaOL08

The biggest problem will likely be lack of proper content for a "MMO"-like game, which is already hinted to in the "Open Beta". After about 3-5 hours my char was max. Level (Level 8) for the Beta (Level 30 is apparently max. for the final game) and had done the two available Story-missions, as well as any minor Side quests available in the open district and after that the only thing left to do is equipment and Rank grinding in the "Dark Zone" (a PvP-enabled area).
Kind of stupid that actual PvP seems to be discouraged there. Players (and their entire squad) that willfully attack others are tagged "Rogue" for up to 5 minutes, basically indicating that they are free to hunt down for everyone else in the area, and if killed you lose the items you've picked up in the area and haven't "saved" yet (there's a whole mechanic about "decontaminating" items), as well as any chest keys and an amount of money and have to corpse-run before other players loot it all. To top it all off there's also Bounty (money) and XP rewards for hunting "Rogues" down.
A funny thing about using the ingame voice-chat is that it automatically broadcasts to all the other players around in hearing range, so you can talk to other people you meet but the downside seems to be that if you're saying something only meant for your party (like asking for help or talking about attacking someone) they'll likely hear it too and can take advantage.

Pretty much what I thought. Much better than expected, but mission variety is terrible and really feels like a SP game unless you're in the Dark Zone. Will really depend on how good the endgame is, if there is any.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I didn't even know this was supposed to be an MMO until I saw it in this thread. Very boring third person shooter in the body of a nushit-MMORPG. Blah blah blah something something it's just a beta, it's off my radar.

Just stash it with crap like Destiny and ignore it 'till the end of time.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Destiny has come a long way since its initial release, with the last expansion the game is actually somewhat worth playing. I was hoping for Division to be similar in that way but for PC, but as usual Ubisoft disappoints on every level.

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
Tried the beta of this.

Trolling the DZ was actually pretty funny. The olde skuul PK experience was enhanced when i noticed you could pick up conversations of those close to you (and vv).

Not sure if it is worth the price tag for the DZ alone though. (and the teamspeak bug will be fixed i guess).

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Tried the beta of this.

Trolling the DZ was actually pretty funny. The olde skuul PK experience was enhanced when i noticed you could pick up conversations of those close to you (and vv).

Not sure if it is worth the price tag for the DZ alone though. (and the teamspeak bug will be fixed i guess).

I enjoyed the DZ aswell. That's what sold me on the game.

It is 100% popamole but who cares. Atleast it's not some grindy ass boring fantasy ARPG like Grim Dawn and other crappy diablo clones.

Wolfe

Arbiter
Found a key for £20 and going to give a try. Got a group of 4 so I'm expecting to have a bit of co-op fun in the Dark Zone, but besides that, I don't think it's going to be anything great.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Uplay is down. in other words, another botched release from ubisoft.

But I managed to play 3 hours and get 7 levels. The game follows the same ubisoft formula ... grind and then more grind.

Wolfe

Arbiter
Lol, they fucked it up, game released on Steam before it even released fully on their own platform, Uplay. The incompetence is amazing :salute:

Astral Rag

Arcane
8enNMQY.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom