Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread

Just Locus

Educated
I played DA:I a long time ago long into the 20+ hour playtime, and while my memory is generally vivid, It just felt to me like a really monotonous ARPG that has most of its efforts put into its presentation rather than gameplay, It's one of those games that lose its luster a few hours in.

On the bright side, I installed Dragon Age: Origins yesterday :obviously:

9ted6

Educated
I played DA:I a long time ago long into the 20+ hour playtime, and while my memory is generally vivid, It just felt to me like a really monotonous ARPG that has most of its efforts put into its presentation rather than gameplay, It's one of those games that lose its luster a few hours in.

On the bright side, I installed Dragon Age: Origins yesterday :obviously:
I didn't play it long, but it felt like I was playing a bad MMO where the only other people playing were piss for brained reddit users who never shut up.

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
I used Cassandra as another melee character 80% of the time, and sometimes Blackwall, mostly Vivienne as a mage, swapped her at sometimes for Solas. Dorian was used sparingly, because he annoyed me.
I picked my protagonist as a mage specifically so I wouldn't have to deal with any mage companion's bullshit, I hate them all. Varrick is the only Rogue who isn't completely atrocious (with Sera and Cole being babbling autistic retards), Blackwall is fairly ok, and I'm torn between Cassandra and Iron Bull.

On one hand, Iron Bull is a Qunari and a faggot, otoh Cassandra is a mannish wmxnz. Which is worse and why?

9ted6

Educated
I used Cassandra as another melee character 80% of the time, and sometimes Blackwall, mostly Vivienne as a mage, swapped her at sometimes for Solas. Dorian was used sparingly, because he annoyed me.
I picked my protagonist as a mage specifically so I wouldn't have to deal with any mage companion's bullshit, I hate them all. Varrick is the only Rogue who isn't completely atrocious (with Sera and Cole being babbling autistic retards), Blackwall is fairly ok, and I'm torn between Cassandra and Iron Bull.

On one hand, Iron Bull is a Qunari and a faggot, otoh Cassandra is a mannish wmxnz. Which is worse and why?
If you can get over the fact she looks like a greased up gorilla, Cassandra's the most normal character in the entire game. She's the closest DAI ever gets to have an Origins-like character, even if it's still a ways off. There's nothing particularly bad about her writing aside from her being into erotic fanfics in what's supposed to be a medieval setting, which is some stupid shit but it only comes up in one missable dialogue. She's otherwise normal and as an added bonus is the only character who treats the Chantry like Origins did. She has actual faith in the Maker and respect for the church and takes the whole crisis seriously.

Iron Bull meanwhile is matched only by Sera in embodying everything wrong with DAI and showcasing how terrible of a decline the series had. His only two reasons to exist are for Gaider's gay muscleman fetish and to shit on anyone who liked Sten or the Arishok or who found the Qunari interesting before.

He has no character and no personality, he spews anachronistic verbal diarrhea in every conversation, and all he's there to do is add sex appeal for women and gay men while acting as a billboard for Bioware to show off how they retconned the Qunari to be the heckin progger and inclusive good guys.

Sera has more character than he does. I would take the deformed goblin that never shuts up over Iron Bull no questions asked.

Last edited:
Vatnik Wumao
Cassandra's the most normal character in the entire game. She's the closest DAI ever gets to have an Origins-like character, even if it's still a ways off. There's nothing particularly bad about her writing
Likewise with Blackwall and he's even more mundane than Cassandra in his backstory.

Just Locus

Educated
I didn't play it long, but it felt like I was playing a bad MMO where the only other people playing were piss for brained reddit users who never shut up.
Doesn't DA:I have a shoehorned multiplayer? If so, maybe your friends can make the grindy gameplay bearable, but I dunno to what degree given it's atrociousness lmao

Camel

Scholar
Doesn't DA:I have a shoehorned multiplayer? If so, maybe your friends can make the grindy gameplay bearable, but I dunno to what degree given it's atrociousness lmao
DA:I has a terrible dungeon crawler co-op multiplayer. ME3MP was the only good multiplayer by BioWare and it was a lightning in a bottle.

Just Locus

Educated
DA:I has a terrible dungeon crawler co-op multiplayer.
How different is it from regular DA:I? I imagined it wouldn't have been any different from normal DA:I just with 3 other players as opposed to 3 different companions.

Camel

Scholar
How different is it from regular DA:I? I imagined it wouldn't have been any different from normal DA:I just with 3 other players as opposed to 3 different companions.
You can’t play a campaign in co-op. It’s reusing singleplayer areas, boring and grindy. Matches were too long for less rewards compared to the excellent ME3MP.

teenage honved fan

Barely Literate
I have very little memory of DA:I, I remember enjoying it, but that was about it. Romanced Josephine, started fighting the additional dragons then got bored one day and never finished it.

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Playing Inquisition after 2017 is both an act of necrophilia and coprophagy.

Before 2017 it was only coprophagy.
It's mostly masochism. *whips xirself harder*

Crestwood was initially an interesting-looking area, with moody nighttime lighting and zombies rising from a place with ghostly lighting.

Then I solved the area quest, it became daytime, and now it's just as bland and boring as the accursed Hinterlands.

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
The gayme keeps shitting out these "special requsitions" that I never asked for, and gives me unbelievably hideous weapons and armor that I just sell immediately. The latest "pearl" was a ginormous red lyrium staff (I thought that stuff is extremely toxic and dangeous?) and swords.

The hideousness of dragon fag cisquisition is not limited to goblin faces and retarded nobles' outfits.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Playing Inquisition after 2017 is both an act of necrophilia and coprophagy.

Before 2017 it was only coprophagy.
It's mostly masochism. *whips xirself harder*

Crestwood was initially an interesting-looking area, with moody nighttime lighting and zombies rising from a place with ghostly lighting.

Then I solved the area quest, it became daytime, and now it's just as bland and boring as the accursed Hinterlands.

As kinky guy myself it I've had some strange experiences. Over time, however, people increasingly ask themselves whether such debasement is actually what they want from life. Now I feel a bit ashamed of these experiences, but I try to draw strength from them for further life.
Angielski

I think that was a lesson that I had to learn some lessons from.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
The gayme keeps shitting out these "special requsitions" that I never asked for, and gives me unbelievably hideous weapons and armor that I just sell immediately. The latest "pearl" was a ginormous red lyrium staff (I thought that stuff is extremely toxic and dangeous?) and swords.

The hideousness of dragon fag cisquisition is not limited to goblin faces and retarded nobles' outfits.
Shut the fuck up

Aarwolf

Learned
I agree with the criticisms of the game obvs, but I will maintain that the Dwarf DLC is good

All I rememeber from that DLC is that I felt very tired when I finished it and that it wasn't worth it. Not that the base game or the other DLC were.

Harthwain

Magister
I played DA:I a long time ago long into the 20+ hour playtime, and while my memory is generally vivid, It just felt to me like a really monotonous ARPG
Singleplayer MMO is how I would describe it. It is unreal how it was designed to waste the player's time.

9ted6

Educated
I played DA:I a long time ago long into the 20+ hour playtime, and while my memory is generally vivid, It just felt to me like a really monotonous ARPG
Singleplayer MMO is how I would describe it. It is unreal how it was designed to waste the player's time.
It was an MMO before it got retooled into a singleplayer game IIRC.

Imagine the disaster Dreadwolf will be where it's gone back and forth between being a multiplayer and singleplayer game 4 or 5 times.

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
I've always naturally assumed that DAI was developed as an MMO and then get retrofitted into single-player like Lords of the Amalur, but when I stated this in this very thread years ago, some people (I think Rougay) gave me shit for it, and posted "proofs" that this wasn't really the case.

I'm still mystified to this very day.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom