Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
I actually really did like my time with Inquisition. It's no Origins, but there's good in there. Depends on if you're willing to wade through some meaningless, boring fluff every now and then though.
The entire game is meaningless, boring fluff. Twitcher 3 is heads and shoulders above this crap. Cisquisition has no value whatsoever.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
Inquisition is one of the best examples of an RPG which doesn't earn its story reveals. They did so little to build up to each reveal, even in the quests most people say are good (ex. the ball), and their strategy is to introduce UNIVERSE impacting changes, Everything must be big and sweeping across the entire setting. It is bad writing 101.
And the biggest changes are stuck in the last parts of its last DLC. Trespasser is a speedrun of settingwide retcons.
(insert the obligatory disparaging remarks about DAI here)

That's the last DLC of the game, "the final chapter" and it looks, feels and plays like a soyboy's fantasy. As you say, it was universe impacting and didn't earn any of it. Gayder's plot for the main game was bad, because he's a faggy hack, but Trespasser DLC is trying to do a Roundhead Ryan Johnson and subvert your expectations.

It falls flat because it is so un-earned and built on a main game that is just a mess to begin with and supervised by people who were clearly not competent, without being aware of their own incompetence.

In fact they cut one entire area out of the main game and sold it as the first DLC, "the Jaws of Hakkon". It is literally an entire area cut to be sold as DLC, it has no business being DLC.

Monk

Arcane
I played this recently only because I got it for free from Epic. I'll see if I can say something about the content in the future. For now, there's something wrong with the movement and combat scenes: if you use first-person POV in some cases NPCs or surroundings get in the way of your view. Also, I tend to mistake the left-click mouse button to interact because it's used for attacking. And the keyboard and mouse commands for going on horseback are awkward, i.e., using the strafe- or move-left or -right to turn while the mouse to turn view, or something like that.

Frozen

Arcane
Inquisition is a game that has no plot or main story, things just happen because reasons then after grinding meaningless fetch quests for 100h bad guy just shows at your doorstep because game has to end somehow lel

Combat is simple and boring AF, abilities reduced almost to zero, AI is broken, world empty corridors larping as open world.

Characters typical faggy shit. There is really ZERO things to like about it. 100IQ is being fabulously optimistic.

flyingjohn

Arcane
Whether or not someone manages to find "good" in Inquisition is a litmus test for if they're below 100IQ.
"One of the more satisfying aspects of DA:I is growing the
newly formed Inquisition faction from a small band
of followers into a true power in the land of Thedas."

"And there’s certainly no shortage of environments
to marvel at. Inquisition dwarfs both its predecessors.Each zone is
unique and beautiful in its own right, and contain
enough secrets, loot and battles to keep even the most
experienced DA veterans busy for days"

"The loot system in Inquisition is quite traditional,
but where the game stands out from previous
instalments is its greatly improved crafting system."

"The combat in DA:I will prove satisfying for both
those who enjoyed the more tactical approach of DA:O
and those who preferred the more action-oriented
DA2.Both modes are extremely fluid
and transitioning between them is seamless."

"Dorian and Cole in particular stand out
and provide some of the best storylines and dialogue
throughout the journey."

CHR - Christian Hudspeth. Husband,
father, gamer and really good at all of
them, just ask his mom.

9ted6

Educated
Whether or not someone manages to find "good" in Inquisition is a litmus test for if they're below 100IQ.
"Dorian and Cole in particular stand out
and provide some of the best storylines and dialogue
throughout the journey."
Dorian: I'm sad because I'm gay
Cole: I'm sad because I'm dead
Iron Bull: I'm gay
Sera: I'm gay

Riveting stuff.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom