Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread

La vie sexuelle

Learned
It's crazy how Larian eclipsed BioWare in every way possible.

They even have bear romances when all BioWare could offer was some dude with bull horns.

And Sera, which is worse.

Larian would never stoop to creating a character like Sera. Even their cringe is at a higher level than Bioware's.

AshenNedra

Educated
Solas is bald, but is loved by people whose personality is defined by colored hair. I think it's a hidden father figure, a balding man whom they secretly respect and want to Freudianly fuck, but can't bring themselves to do in real life, hence sublimation.
Freudian theory was a mistake.

Freudian critique, i.e. applying concepts made for therapy, a praxis and not a philosophical system, to interpret or explain fiction, like literature or other 'art' forms, is an even worse phenomenon.
By "Freudian" I meant "in the style" of Freud. His theory as a whole did not stand the test of time, but its few elements said something about the world (defense mechanisms, specific obsessions, existence of incestuous tendencies). The Oedipus complex is a myth, but few people are moved throughout their lives by these types of motivations.
Fair enough.

Have a nice day then.

Now I got it for free, but should I actually play it?
You shouldn't.

Play any class other than Mage.
Mage is pretty good actually. Not as good as Archer which is the best class.

Warrior class is definitely the worse. Constantly running around chasing enemy. Weak damage. Same downside as any other class on the highest difficulties.

The game itself is pretty good.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.

They even have bear romances when all BioWare could offer was some dude with bull horns.

There are companies like Owlcat doing scat succubi and spider girlfriends these days, Larian could still be doing much worse.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
To have a duplicate copy (no way anyone on the codex doesn't already own this game) on your Epic Games Storefront account. So grab it while it's hot & free!
For Linux users, you have access to Epic Store's games with the Heroic Launcher which is a little bit easier to deal with than EA's garbage. It's good to have access to a few copies on multiple platforms.

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
(no way anyone on the codex doesn't already own this game)
I would never consider buying it. Now I got it for free, but should I actually play it?
There are a lot of better fantasy RPGs you could be playing, but if you are going to give it a go regardless then Dishonoredbr's list is unironically a good way to make it a somewhat better experience. I'd especially recommend the War Table mod they mentioned; I'm normally against modding mechanics out on a first playthrough but making you wait around on top of all the stupid pointless busywork quests they give you is just an inexplicable design choice that grinds the already slow pace to a halt.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I wonder what the codex book says about this "prestigious" game?
"
Ultimately, Dragon Age: Inquisition builds upon
the strong foundation of the series and other BioWare
RPGs, by adding tons of content and replayability.
While it may lack the charm and polish of DA:O and
some of BioWare's early RPGs, it’s still a game you
can easily sink over a hundred hours on your first
playthrough – and still be eager for more."

Well, that settles it, every codexer should get the game.

I never opened that thing, so did any retard actually write that in the crpg "codex" book?
If it happened, shouldn't we rename the book the rpgwatch book?

AshenNedra

Educated

Larian would never stoop to creating a character like Sera. Even their cringe is at a higher level than Bioware's.
Remind me why sera was so bad, please? It's been a while since I played this monstrosity of a game.

Remind me why sera was so bad, please? It's been a while since I played this monstrosity of a game.
Temperamental teenager with a grating accent.
Oh, only that?

They were much more more serious contenders for worst companion(s)' award in DAI , If I recall correctly.
It's been more than 5 years since I played DA:I and I don't remember every detail but Sera is the worst companion I ever encountered in any game.
She is not just a teenager. Her humor is the humor of a 5 year old. I remember that the mission to recruit her included stealing the pants of some guards. She then proceeds to almost die of laughter because there are MEN WITHOUT PANTS despite being in deadly danger. Her dialogue in this mission mainly consists of telling us how funny men without pants are and asking if we feel the same. Everything is voiced in a heavily annoying tone like this was a SpongeBob-cartoon or sth. like that.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!

She had issues on many levels, her character, her voice and her appearance. As a character was an insufferable and unsympathetic cunt, she spoke with a cockney accent, and had facial articulations that were beyond the capabilities of the game engine, resulting in nightmare fuel for years to come.

La vie sexuelle

Learned

Elttharion

Learned

This game was already terrible in 2014 but it managed to age like milk. Everything in this scene looks absolutely horrendous and soulless. In a better world CDPR would have launched Twitcher 3 in its planned release date and Bioware would already be a dead studio (more than they are now). It would have been something similar to Starfield and BG3. You may hate the Witcher 3, I am not a big fan myself, but even normies would have trashed this game if they had released close to each other. Oh well, another reason to hate CDPR.

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Temperamental teenager with a grating accent.
Oh, only that?

They were much more more serious contenders for worst companion(s)' award in DAI , If I recall correctly.
It's been more than 5 years since I played DA:I and I don't remember every detail but Sera is the worst companion I ever encountered in any game.
She is not just a teenager. Her humor is the humor of a 5 year old. I remember that the mission to recruit her included stealing the pants of some guards. She then proceeds to almost die of laughter because there are MEN WITHOUT PANTS despite being in deadly danger. Her dialogue in this mission mainly consists of telling us how funny men without pants are and asking if we feel the same. Everything is voiced in a heavily annoying tone like this was a SpongeBob-cartoon or sth. like that.
I assumed it was some kind of fetish thing, because everything in this shithole is some kind of fetish thing.

La vie sexuelle

Learned

This game was already terrible in 2014 but it managed to age like milk. Everything in this scene looks absolutely horrendous and soulless. In a better world CDPR would have launched Twitcher 3 in its planned release date and Bioware would already be a dead studio (more than they are now). It would have been something similar to Starfield and BG3. You may hate the Witcher 3, I am not a big fan myself, but even normies would have trashed this game if they had released close to each other. Oh well, another reason to hate CDPR.

I wouldn't blame CDRed for what's happening with Bioware and their games. Firstly, because Witcher 3 was simply much better, and the creator cannot be blamed for being better. Even the mindless flailing in this game was better than anything Bioware came up with for Dragon Age: Inquisition. Secondly, if you read Tevinter Nights you will understand how simply bad writers are employees of this company. Yes, Gaider wrote better and smarter! When he did move away, the worst of their writing team came to the surface.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
And one more thing - see this cult tape and answer this simple question: "Do I want to play whatever these people do?".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom