Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread

Camel

Scholar
She actually had a good design in DA2. She wasn't cutesy and looked like a fighter should, but she wasn't gigachad man-faced either.
She was hot and had a normal accent. BioWare ruined Cassandra and Leliana with making Isabela a sub-Saharan Negro. Avelline was a harbinger of wokeness in DA2.

9ted6

Educated
She actually had a good design in DA2. She wasn't cutesy and looked like a fighter should, but she wasn't gigachad man-faced either.
She was hot and had a normal accent. BioWare ruined Cassandra and Leliana with making Isabela a sub-Saharan Negro. Avelline was a harbinger of wokeness in DA2.
Everyone got ruined by 2 or Inquisition in the end, to thousands of upvotes from their shithole of a remaining fanbase.

I can't wait to see Dreadwolf make Leliana and Cassandra into actual men.

HammyTheFat

Scholar
* demanding explanations.

Anyway, why is everyone romanceable? Is every character omnisexual? Even Cullen? Even Cassandra, even though I am male?!
They aren't, but if I'm remembering right the options are there for everyone.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong at risk of outing yourself as a faggot for remembering better than me:

Solas - female elf mages only (or maybe just female elves)
Cass - men only, I think it can be any race
Cullen - human females only I think.
Seras - female of any race
Bull - anything because hes a gigantic fag
Blackwall - female of any race
Dorian - male of any race
Josephine - also anything like Bull

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
* demanding explanations.

Anyway, why is everyone romanceable? Is every character omnisexual? Even Cullen? Even Cassandra, even though I am male?!
They aren't, but if I'm remembering right the options are there for everyone.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong at risk of outing yourself as a faggot for remembering better than me:

Solas - female elf mages only (or maybe just female elves)
Cass - men only, I think it can be any race
Cullen - human females only I think.
Seras - female of any race
Bull - anything because hes a gigantic fag
Blackwall - female of any race
Dorian - male of any race
Josephine - also anything like Bull
Pretty much but Cullen also goes for female elves (and as you said in your brackets Solas is any female elf, not just female elf mages)

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
That's quite a preponderance of faggots. Nice to know that the most obnoxious characters also happen to be sodomites. I was going to ask about Leliana, but then remembered she's in love with the protagonist of DAO, who is male in my "world state".

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
That's quite a preponderance of faggots. Nice to know that the most obnoxious characters also happen to be sodomites. I was going to ask about Leliana, but then remembered she's in love with the protagonist of DAO, who is male in my "world state".
Leliana is canonically bisexual, prior to meeting DAO protagonist she had a lesbian romance with her teacher in the espionage&assassination trade.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Cullen certainly looks effeminate sometimes, especially when he makes that foppish gesture as he rocks up to the map table :)

9ted6

Educated
Leliana is canonically bisexual, prior to meeting DAO protagonist she had a lesbian romance with her teacher in the espionage&assassination trade.
Bisexual but leaning toward men. She acts more infatuated with a male protag than a female.

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
:codexisfor:after all.
codex_heart_retadred_baby-png.42870

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
It's kind of uncanny that the whole game revolves around a militant liberal reform NGO, and the name that Gaydar decided to go for, was THE INQUISITION.

Really? You're a far-left lunatic who just wrote that an organization called the INQUISITION is going to save the world from collapse? Do you even know what the word "inquisition" means? What do we even inquisit into, how many ram meats and ancient shards we need to personally collect?

9ted6

Educated
It's kind of uncanny that the whole game revolves around a militant liberal reform NGO, and the name that Gaydar decided to go for, was THE INQUISITION.

Really? You're a far-left lunatic who just wrote that an organization called the INQUISITION is going to save the world from collapse? Do you even know what the word "inquisition" means? What do we even inquisit into, how many ram meats and ancient shards we need to personally collect?
For being the game where religion's the most central plot point it also is the one that takes a shit all over it and treats the concept of religion or faith in general with all the respect of a modern adult cartoon. It's no wonder almost every member of the chantry inquisition is an atheist who openly talks shit about the god their organization worships.

With Origins they were actually pretty fair on religion and never tried to make a case for the chantry being good or evil or the maker real or fake. You got to decide as the player. Inquisition, the game all about working for the chantry, was when they decided to say fuck all that to make the lore a whole let less interesting and shallow, when there wasn't that much intrigue or depth to it to begin with.

They couldn't even do that consistently right since you get a few moments like the cringe group songs that nonetheless make the inquisition seem good, followed by scenes of Leliana, ultra devout nun of Origins, telling you not only how much she hates the chantry but how people are retarded if they believe in gods at all.

Last edited:
Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
I kill that whore in DA:O, her fake wannabe good girl front she puts up when you first meet her won't get past me.

How fun it was to see that stupid face again in DA:I...

Everyone got ruined by 2 or Inquisition in the end, to thousands of upvotes from their shithole of a remaining fanbase.
I dunno about that. Inquisition wasn't a game that wowed the audiences, and you do get a ton of "I can't bring myself to finish this game" type posts. I'm certainly one of them. I'm at that point where you go to the gala and I just can't. My save has like 100 hours lol

9ted6

Educated
I dunno about that. Inquisition wasn't a game that wowed the audiences, and you do get a ton of "I can't bring myself to finish this game" type posts. I'm certainly one of them. I'm at that point where you go to the gala and I just can't. My save has like 100 hours lol
True, but there's a lot of cope from the last fans left about how it's the best game in the series, way better than Origins, best story, best characters, etc.

True, but there's a lot of cope from the last fans left about how it's the best game in the series, way better than Origins, best story, best characters, etc.
I've never seen those, even on reddit.

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
The main story missions actually aren't... completely terrible. It's high fantasy schlock, but at least things are happening... sort of.

The worst thing is that the game seems to have no original ideas. Pretty much everything is a concept from previous games, revisited and/or reimagined and/or retconned. It's fairly depressing, considering that DAII also did not introduce any original ideas or any new things to the setting, other than minor retcons of already established things. It's like the Star Wars sequels syndrome - they just can't think of anything new to add to the setting.

Even Corypheus was an alternate version of the Architect from DAO expansion pack, introduced in a DAII expansion pack. And he's the main villain now?.. Lame...

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
It's like the Star Wars sequels syndrome - they just can't think of anything new to add to the setting.

Yeah that's exactly it. Execs have the wrong idea about fans of a thing. They think fans of a thing want to repeat the thing endlessly, but that's not true, what fans want is extensions of the thing that are consistent with the thing.

Especially with world-building, like the galaxy far, far away or Thedas, what one wants to see is more of that virtual world, in a way that's consistent with what's already been established about it. What fans are imagining is a halo of possibilities around the thing they like, extending from it.

DAI committed the double sin of not introducing anything new and pussifying the established lore.

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Oh, so the Mome didn't immediately die in the explosion, but was rather physically thrown into the Fade together with the protagonist, when he grabbed Corypheus's ball? That doesn't make much sense, she was clearly glowing in the opening cutscene when the PC is climbing towards her while chased by goofy spiders. So she had to already have been a spirit... but the "recovered memory" makes it look like she survived, but layer didn't make it through the Rift back into the real world.

Also, would it kill these auteurs to simply confirm that yes, in special circumstances, dead people's souls can linger in the Fade? They had to do this whole charade with "is it really Justinia, or is it a spirit impersonating her for no particular reason??" just to maintain the possibility that there is no afterlife?

Tbh, the set-up for the protagonist's rise to power looks more and more miraculous as he discovers the truth behind it. I saw no reason to call him "the Herald of Andraste" at the start - but after a series of extremely lucky and unique coincidences, I have almost no doubt that he was guided by divine providence.

Or at least I would, if I didn't know that this is written by atheist shitlibs who don't actually want their audience to believe that the Maker is real, or else they might get interested in real-world Christianity, and we wouldn't want that now, would we?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom