Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread

Sòren

Arcane

this is such a poorly written game. a lot worse than origins or me2.

your choice of music makes it pretty entertaining to watch tho. thanks for the effort.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
That mustache man doesn't even take this whole plot seriously. :lol:
Fuck. Way to drop that atmosphere.

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
Firsat impression thus far:

Good;
- Very nice Environments graphic- and sometimes atmosphere-wise
- Dialogue is fun mostly.
- Story could turn out to be okay. But I'm not sure yet.

Bad:
- Catastrophic controls! Fuck you, console bastards! Ruined the whole beginning for me!
- Can't adjust attributes.
- Not that much skills.
- Not as much C&C as I have hoped (until now at least).
- Can't be really evil (not that I'd want to, but I'd like to have the option).
- Despite all those quest markers etc. I get lost pretty often. Not in a good way; rather in a frustrating one.
- All sorts of foreign accents, negroes, spaniards and of course wymyn warriors in European looking medieval mountain villages. Stupid SJW shit breaking my immershun. :fight:
- I hate enemy respawn. I just hate it!
- Can't physically punish Sera for being shit. Can only decline her offer to join the Inquisition. Which I gladly did.

Yeah those orlesian mask wearing fucks are creepy, but probably an accurate representation of midieval bourgeois france, or rome in its declining days. Decline it is though.

I would like to play an evil bastard but that is sadly not possible. Although i give most missions to leliana who usually suggests murder or coercion as the best solution for everything.

eremita

Savant
18 hours in, and I've finally encountered an encouraging surprise -- Witcher 2 style C&C in the main quest, complete with entirely different storylines, areas and bosses for each choice.

I'm playing through the second choice right now and there's probably only a couple of hours of content exclusive to each choice. Even so, if the rest of the game has a few more of these, I might actually play the game through to completion.
Can anyone confirm this (If it's really branching like in W2)? That would actually be quite impressive given this is a Bioware game...

Mystary!

Arcane
Random question after seeing the tutorial boss fight, how are you supposed to disrupt the oblivion gates if the main character is the tank?

I had much bigger problems doing it with my mage. Because the mage was just interrupted again and again. while my tank was not. I also played with a higher difficulty with the tank.

How did your mage get interrupted and why wasn't the tank interrupted? Higher physical threshold?
My concern was, that if you, as the tank are doing your job correctly you will have the aggro of the boss, and then his attacks will presumably interrupt you. If you don't have aggro you are not doing your job, meaning your party will die.
If otoh you play a mage your companion tank would hold aggro, leaving you free to do as you please with the rift (as shown in AngryJoe vid for example).

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Isn't it great that secrets have a HOOOOOOO-LEEEEE SHITBALLS THERE'S A SECRET YOU NEED TO FIND! flashing neon sign associated with them in AAA shovelware these days? The developers spend $100,000 to voice, model, script, and/or implement each secret thing, and therefore the secrets have to be a highly visible (but hidden!) portion of the content in and of themselves, including a sliding card graphic on the actual area icons in this case in order to absolutely ensure that players know there's a secret to find.

At least half of what makes a secret secret is not knowing it exists in the first place.

Reminds me of how Skyrim had dozens upon dozens of NPCs in and around Riften screaming and honking about the Thieves Guild. When you enter the city there are pre-loaded conversations about the Thieves Guild taking place all around you, and finally you trigger a forced interaction during which some guy immediately offers you the Thieves Guild gateway quest right there in the middle of the town square.

Then again, I was spoiled by Quest for Glory as a kid, in which you actually had to investigate carefully to find the Thieves Guild, and could only succeed when playing a thief or thief hybrid.

aris

Arcane
- All sorts of foreign accents, negroes, spaniards and of course wymyn warriors in European looking medieval mountain villages. Stupid SJW shit breaking my immershun. :fight:
What? Foreign accents, negroes and woman warriors have been a mainstay of gaming since fucking forever. Even games from the 80s had them. Have you ever played a game prior to DA3? It seems like SJW is becoming as overused a word as hipster, and mostly used as a pre-emptive attack on everyone that would point out that you are a sad racist and misogynistic fuck. Don't worry though, you are in good company here on the codex.

kris

Arcane
Random question after seeing the tutorial boss fight, how are you supposed to disrupt the oblivion gates if the main character is the tank?

I had much bigger problems doing it with my mage. Because the mage was just interrupted again and again. while my tank was not. I also played with a higher difficulty with the tank.

How did your mage get interrupted and why wasn't the tank interrupted? Higher physical threshold?
My concern was, that if you, as the tank are doing your job correctly you will have the aggro of the boss, and then his attacks will presumably interrupt you. If you don't have aggro you are not doing your job, meaning your party will die.
If otoh you play a mage your companion tank would hold aggro, leaving you free to do as you please with the rift (as shown in AngryJoe vid for example).

Cassandra is there as a secondary tank and with her shield wall takes up aggro.

But I think for my main it might have been the "guard", basically extra health that makes it so you won't get injured. Or it was easier for my tank to push down enemies to give time to talk with my hand. Those extra spawned demons always chased around my mage and I had big problems getting away from them, also as a mage Cassandra is the only melee character to hold up someone.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ass-kicking woman warriors is a fucking nerd trope that predates SJW by decades. Seems pretty silly to deny that. Look at the box art for Darklands FFS.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
You two are aware however that BioWare has a very deliberate and pandering agenda of pushing "diversity" and "inclusiveness" in its games, though, right?

It's not happening naturally; it's one of their fundamental design goals, and of course, every gaming "journalist" reviewer gushes about it also. They probably have a triumvirate of disabled Jewish-Native American lesbian neuroatypical furry transwomen who examine the entire cast of characters for :incloosive:ness.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Ass-kicking woman warriors is a fucking nerd trope that predates SJW by decades. Seems pretty silly to deny that. Look at the box art for Darklands FFS.

What nerd trope? Feminism didn't start with SJWs you know. Its just that people never really looked close at what feminist academics were actually saying and merely took the equality argument at face value. And this equality shit was a huge factor in a lot of 70s and 80s entertainment, which is where most of our favored games took inspiration from.

Of course, you would be right to argue that those games were not consciously trying to spread a feminist ideology, and i think this is where feminists and similar ideologues got greedy. It wasn't enough for them to influence entertainment, now they want to dominate it completely.

Last edited:

aris

Arcane
It doesn't matter what their agenda is, as long as it makes sense and doesn't seem forced. I haven't played the game yet, I'm waiting for sales, actually it looks pretty interesting.

But I can say this: Foreign accents makes perfect sense in DA3, it was already established in DA: Origins that people from orlais speak with some kind of french, or arabic accent, or whatever it was, I don't remember anymore. And what exactly IS a foreign accent anyway? Foreign to what? There are at like 7 countries, at least, that speak English as their mother tongue, is scottish a foreign accent? Negroes make perfect sense where there are deserts. Woman warrior, well, as already established, it's fucking common since forever.

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
What? Foreign accents, negroes and woman warriors have been a mainstay of gaming since fucking forever. Even games from the 80s had them. Have you ever played a game prior to DA3? It seems like SJW is becoming as overused a word as hipster, and mostly used as a pre-emptive attack on everyone that would point out that you are a sad racist and misogynistic fuck. Don't worry though, you are in good company here on the codex.

Well what to say more, agree... im just watching like shitball grows everyday in this thread, it's little sad and i think more open minded people and crpg players will be on any ISIS website.
It's completely without any sense to talk here more than once a day, becouse there is ONLY ONE TRUE way of crpg gaming here hehehe. If you call game hated on Codex from other perspective than "Codex Hive Thinktank" you will be called faggot, retard, etc. He, he he. That's funny and so low.
When i meet and discuss about crpgs with people in late 80's or even mid 90's people had much more culture and open minds, we could talk about, Daggerfall, Ishar, Ultima, M&M and other earlier games without that ammount of so definitive critics and offensive words , no to mention almost every crpg game was welcome and many people had strong paper rpg background.
Today people are just different, full of agression and complexes , some small flaws could make them rage for few hundred pages . But on many other crpg forums it looks much different in a better , more mature way, so i ve found Codex to be very specific gathering. Instead of making great walkthroughs, maps, mods, creative disscussions and threads, that will build community around almost every crpg game that deserve attention [and Codex have potential for it] 80% of the site is about bitching and shallow posts. Fine forum and site but it's just boring and waste of fukin time to read or write here more than once in 2 days. At least Gaider besides his too strong LGBT marketing in DA:I [and in the final whole homosexual romances thing is not even important or easy to notice in the game] wrote 3 really good fantasy books about DA universe, and what have You achieved? If i have to go for a beer i will go with Gaider for sure isntead of some Codexian retard. I don't care if he is gay, negro etc. , for sure he have a lot more to say than most of "true" codexians around.

Last edited:

Mortmal

Arcane
UnderRail thread: 65 pages since Feb. 2012

Dragon Age Inquisition thread: 396 pages since Aug. 2012

Fallout: New Vegas megathread located in General Gaming

Dragon Age Inquisition megathread located in General RPG Discussion

f6168f42bd.png

I know 396 pages only is disapointing, but most codexers are still playing it. They will only come back to say its complete shit after at least 2 playthroughs of 80 hours each, testing every possible romances to be sure its shit of course.Lets be grateful they will waste weeks of their life just to tell us the horrors of this world .
Underrail ? everyone will get it when its on humble bundle sale with mark of the ninja , its just that good, no need to buy it full price(an hefty 7.99 euros) and tell the other codexers about it .

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
It doesn't matter what their agenda is, as long as it makes sense and doesn't seem forced.

Except it doesn't make sense, and it is in fact forced. That's what agenda driven entertainment is all about. The focus is on the agenda, not the entertainment.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

Well what to say more, agree... im just watching like shitball grows everyday in this thread, it's little sad and i think more open minded people and crpg players will be on any ISIS website.
It's completely without any sense to talk here more than once a day, becouse there is ONLY ONE TRUE way of crpg gaming here hehehe. If you call game hated on Codex from other perspective than "Codex Hive Thinktank" you will be called faggot, retard, etc. He, he he. That's funny and so low.
When i meet and discuss about crpgs with people in late 80's or even mid 90's people had much more culture and open minds, we could talk about, Daggerfall, Ishar, Ultima, M&M and other earlier games without that ammount of so definitive critics and offensive words , no to mention almost every crpg game was welcome and many people had strong paper rpg background.
Today people are just different, full of agression and complexes , some small flaws could make them rage for few hundred pages . But on many other crpg forums it looks much different in a better , more mature way, so i ve found Codex to be very specific gathering. Instead of making great walkthroughs, maps, mods, creative disscussions and threads, that will build community around almost every crpg game that deserve attention [and Codex have potential for it] 80% of the site is about bitching and shallow posts. Fine forum and site but it's just boring and waste of fukin time to read or write here more than once in 2 days. At least Gaider besides his too strong LGBT marketing in DA:I [and in the final whole homosexual romances thing is not even important or easy to notice in the game] wrote 3 really good fantasy books about DA universe, and what have You achieved? If i have to go for a beer i will go with Gaider for sure isntead of some Codexian retard. I don't care if he is gay, negro etc. , for sure he have a lot more to say than most of "true" codexians around.

This must be a troll, right? This level of stupidity can't be real.

Also, anyone who calls people racist and misogynist unironically is quite obviously an SJW.

Glaurung

Liberal's alt
Shitposter
It doesn't matter what their agenda is, as long as it makes sense and doesn't seem forced.
The whole point of Biowarian marketing is LOOK HOW DIVERSIFIED AND OPEN-MINDED WE ARE!! It's very forced and that's what turns off the majority of thinking animals - you're being force-fed Leftist social marxist propaganda in the most blunt and disrespectful way possible. Nobody would mind if Dorian was a Tevinter mage who just happened to be into dudes, but Bioware went out of their way to give him a ridiculous seventies-style pencil mustache and describe him as a "fabulous peacock wearing bright make-up and crossdressing", or something to that effect, as if that makes him representative of the gay minority as a whole. The louder and more in-your-face they make their diversity agenda, the less sincere and meaningful it is.

Negroes make perfect sense where there are deserts
Yes, considering that Negroes come from Central and Southern African covered with lush jungles. Still waiting for classical RPGs with negroes in them, btw.

And what exactly IS a foreign accent anyway? Foreign to what? There are at like 7 countries, at least, that speak English as their mother tongue
An accent that's not native to any of the countries that speak English as their mother tongue, obviously. Native = belonging to the set of English-speaking counties. Foreign = belonging to outside of the set of English-speaking countries. Don't know what's throwing you off, exactly, it's very simple logic.

Mystary!

Arcane
Cassandra is there as a secondary tank and with her shield wall takes up aggro.

But I think for my main it might have been the "guard", basically extra health that makes it so you won't get injured. Or it was easier for my tank to push down enemies to give time to talk with my hand. Those extra spawned demons always chased around my mage and I had big problems getting away from them, also as a mage Cassandra is the only melee character to hold up someone.

Okay, I guess I assumed there would be more boss fights following the same formula, which would become increasingly more difficult for a main tank as the bosses would naturally hit harder and where you might not bring a secondary tank.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom