Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Elder Scrolls Online

MKwAM.jpg

Is Morrowind retconned?:troll:

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
Noobs running around in ordinator's full sets, fighting for one mudcrab on the spawn field for daily quest.

DraQ

Arcane
So they couldn't come up with anything original, so they steal stuff from Dragon Age? :lol:
I wouldn't consider "oil -> flammable" to be Bioware's original idea, you know.

True. But it is more of recent design. I cant think of anything in the last... 10 years or so that had such a mechanic?
Out of RPGs or in general?

Because I've seen levels where you walked inside partially filled fuel tanks in Jedi Knight (demo), I've seen many a flamethrower with alt-fire mode spraying unignited fuel across the ground or objects, to be ignited by weapon fire in old FPS games or their mods and I've seen flammable terrain (though without option to actually alter this flammability) in Myth 2.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA

Because I've seen levels where you walked inside partially filled fuel tanks in Jedi Knight (demo), I've seen many a flamethrower with alt-fire mode spraying unignited fuel across the ground or objects, to be ignited by weapon fire in old FPS games or their mods and I've seen flammable terrain (though without option to actually alter this flammability) in Myth 2.

OK cool. I never knew of these before. (I don't usually play action games, besides Mass Effect :lol: ).Playing basically RPG's and Adventure Games I miss out on a few things.

DraQ

Arcane

OK cool. I never knew of these before. (I don't usually play action games, besides Mass Effect :lol: ).Playing basically RPG's and Adventure Games I miss out on a few things.
Playing different genres broadens your perspective quite a bit.

It's no good to dismiss, for example, FPS games as derpy twitch games.
True, FPS games tend to have derpy plots and focus on killing stuff (I'm noticing some striking parallels here), and indeed require reflex and manual dexterity from players, but they often tackle gameplay and mechanical issues RPG designers haven't even thought of (I'm speaking of old to mid FPS games, not Call of Derp series). I'd say it's because FPS devs lack certain preconceptions in regards to gameplay mechanics that RPG devs have carried over from PnP games. Preconceptions that do far more harm than good on a PC.

Oil + Fireball isn't moronic per se, but I wonder why couldn't the rogues themselves set fire to it instead of requiring a master of the arcane to act as a living zippo. I mean, if you're going through the trouble of spilling oil everywhere, you just need a little spark. Bash your daggers against each other, whatever.

Also, why do fucking mushrooms look like taken out of fucking smurfs?
:x
I hate so very much.

ohWOW

Dumbfuck Queued
I've seen many a flamethrower with alt-fire mode spraying unignited fuel across the ground or objects, to be ignited by weapon fire in old FPS games
Not so old AvP3 has the exact thing. It was one of the most fun things for marines: spray fuel everywhere in the corridor and just wait for those stupid xenos. Bam, let them all burn.
Xeno Queen fight required it, as you needed to destroy a shitload of eggs in the area, being attacked by a horde of xenos at one time.

Gurkog

Erudite
Project: Eternity
I kind of thought the PvP might be like DAoC... but they are limiting it to 220 total players per campaign instance. So much for massive epic battles.... massive compared to what WoWfucks and consoletards are used to I guess. Damn, I wish Mythic hadn't fucked up with Trials of Atlantis. Then they wouldn't have succumbed to EA acquisition and WoW might have been averted.... DAoC on the scale of WoW would have been glorious.

Fuck... now I am crying, damn you TESO! :rage:

ohWOW

Dumbfuck Queued
Btw, will it be f2p at start?

55fc7938d6fc169cb2.jpg

All I can see in this picture, is a little pimped WoW. Look at that character.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom