Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Elder Scrolls Online

DraQ

Arcane
I'm still waiting to hear how the fuck will they try to make sense out of Dunmer being allied with Argonians and Nords.

The former have long history of being captured and enslaved by Dunmer and hating them with theat of thousand suns, the latter have along history of raiding Dunmer and breaking their shit, plus hating elves in general.
:hearnoevil:

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Obviously it will be an uneasy alliance born out of necessity, and it might even be mentioned as an afterthought in a few sidequests before they just decide to just forget all about the annoying pre-existing lore altogether.

Gerrard

Arcane
So is this going to be subscription based? Building this ship underwater?

Angthoron

Arcane
I'm still waiting to hear how the fuck will they try to make sense out of Dunmer being allied with Argonians and Nords.

The former have long history of being captured and enslaved by Dunmer and hating them with theat of thousand suns, the latter have along history of raiding Dunmer and breaking their shit, plus hating elves in general.
Princess of the Ponylands accidentally a rainbow, which destroys an important place of worship for some guys and they are like WHAT! BUT THEN! Demons invade because rainbow destroying the place of worship was a PROPHECY and then the other guys are like OH NO THE RAINBOW DEMONS and then they unite but the third guys are still like eeeeh we kinda hate these peoples so to coerce them into uneasy alliance and maybe even friendship come the ELDER DRAGONS and a GOD OF RAPE (like a plant not violent act lols I had you there for a moment) and they're like oh my GOD and become allies and then come the ALIENS in spacecraft and tamriel is like IN FLAMES and there's war everywhere until the dead begin to mysteriously rise like zombies.

And you're the only hero who is can stop evil! Also your friends. In guild you can be more hero, and also imagine yourself larping that you are an AI companion in a bethesda game! Maybe your friend also has romance mods installed, ohoho.

Only $15 a month and also 60 dollar for a box of game. Free month first!

Erzherzog

Magister
I'm getting a total Hellgate: London vibe from this game at this point.

In terms of potential magnitude of failure, then hell yes.

Yeah, what I mean is that I remember when Hellgate London came out, they never got past marketing any ideas that sounded anything more than just a small feature, with an okay-ish setting (at least something beyond generic fantasy.) [yes, I'm implying Elder Scrolls is beyond generic fantasy, which is true for about 50% of it.]

Hellgate: London flopped hard because what was it besides an extremely generic MMO?

Hell, TOR flopped hard because they focused on story, and it turns out you really can't do that for MMOs...so it was a generic MMO.

Guild Wars has always been about really fun combat. ESO sounds too much like standard Elder Scrolls fare, the ONLY thing that could save this is a rich game world similar to Morrowind. I have my doubts.

Norfleet

I point to the game continuing failure to actually exist as clear evidence of its failure.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
I9Q7d.jpg

Ruins. Even in the past, they were ruins.

Did these ruins in Tamriel ever have a function?

DraQ

Arcane

Princess of the Ponylands accidentally a rainbow, which destroys an important place of worship for some guys and they are like WHAT! BUT THEN! Demons invade because rainbow destroying the place of worship was a PROPHECY and then the other guys are like OH NO THE RAINBOW DEMONS and then they unite but the third guys are still like eeeeh we kinda hate these peoples so to coerce them into uneasy alliance and maybe even friendship come the ELDER DRAGONS and a GOD OF RAPE (like a plant not violent act lols I had you there for a moment) and they're like oh my GOD and become allies and then come the ALIENS in spacecraft and tamriel is like IN FLAMES and there's war everywhere until the dead begin to mysteriously rise like zombies.

And you're the only hero who is can stop evil! Also your friends. In guild you can be more hero, and also imagine yourself larping that you are an AI companion in a bethesda game! Maybe your friend also has romance mods installed, ohoho.

Only $15 a month and also 60 dollar for a box of game. Free month first!
Dafuq-did-i-just-read-meme.jpg

corvus

Arcane
That's supposed to be Mournhold as well, like a less colorful Darnassus:M

This is what happens without Almalexia to guide her people away from derpitude.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
This is going to be beyond terrible. Also ES lore is mediocre at best.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom