Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Elder Scrolls Online

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Its second era... and since no Empire is mentioned as faction to join must be well after Reman III assasination and before the God Emperor Talos Stormborn was born in Atmora.... or before Hjalti Early-Beard was spawned in Highrock... if you're filthy heretic. But I would swear there was mayor rape and pillage between Nords and Dunmer then. o_O

Shadenuat

Arcane
Don't worry guys, everything would be re-edited to fit a friendly family type of gaming you like so much - no Vivic sodomia, no ashkan buying wives (we don't want female gamers from one particular site to write articles about TES right? already've been burned by female flame atronach), no buying slaves, no Telvanni opression, well all that... you could show game to your kids! Would't it be grand!

:thumbsup:

DraQ

Arcane
Don't worry guys, everything would be re-edited to fit a friendly family type of gaming you like so much - no Vivic sodomia, no ashkan buying wives (we don't want female gamers from one particular site to write articles about TES right? already've been burned by female flame atronach), no buying slaves, no Telvanni opression, well all that... you could show game to your kids! Would't it be grand!

:thumbsup:
:x
If this happens I'm going to do hideous stuff to the person responsible, Mephala and Malacath help me.

Deleted member 7219

There's so many things to brofist in this thread, I'm exhausted. Stop being right.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Oh man, every city we have seen in previous Elder Scrolls games reduced to one-third of its former size. I can already see it. Orsinium will become a small hut, Daggerfall city a simple village, Mournhold a fort, and so on.

Malpercio

Arcane
I wonder if the mmorpg will be full of bugs and unplayable in the first months too.

Data4

Arcane
http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/06/06/ign-live-the-elder-scrolls-online-demo-e3-2012

It's the same footage video as the last one posted, but the interview is done as a picture in picture so you can see more of it. Notable content is the Telvanni architecture starting at 1:20 and Skyrim-esque dwemer ruins at 2:40. I wonder if the dwemer ruins in Morrowind will be retconned to this style or if they'll keep their signature look.

Jashiin

Arcane
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/06/11/interview-zenimax-defends-elder-scrolls-online/

RPS: But, generally speaking, MMOs do kind of a terrible job of making us feel like heroes. Other people run and leap and spam general chat all around, and they’re doing the exact same things as you. Why not instead focus on constructing a world that doesn’t try to ignore that?

Paul Sage: It’s a matter of perspective. If you feel like NPCs respect your accomplishments, there’s nothing that says other people being around takes away from that. In fact, it enhances that.

I think they should stop letting this paul sage do any interviews.

Angthoron

Arcane
Soon, Paul Sage on other contraversial issues:

"Lag is a matter of perspective. Like, eh, when you lag, you might have a chance to meditate on the meaning of life and on how reality can, you know, be affected by, erm, uhh, perspective. Like, how you know, you can sometimes experience a time lapse and it's like deep, you know?"

"Theft is a good way of, err, it's a milestone, you know? Friends can be like, "I want to steal some, like, stuff and like, not in the game maybe? You know?" and that's what we're talking about."

"Your question, I like it, you know? It shows you put a lot of thought into it. We also put a lot of thought into things like this, it's because we like our players."

"If you feel this is wrong, well, maybe it is. But also who knows, maybe you're wrong? We always think we're wrong, you know, like this project, maybe it's wrong, but it's alright because there's no truth, maybe. Realizing this is an important milestone."

1321641418396.jpg

DraQ

Arcane
I wonder if the dwemer ruins in Morrowind will be retconned to this style or if they'll keep their signature look.
Would rage hard.

At least in Skyrim there are sources pondering the stylistical and cultural differences between Dwemer ruins in Morrowind and offshots of Rourken migration, so while I don't really like Skyrim dwemer style all that much at least it is acknowledged as something different than in their homeland.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
I bet this seemed like a great idea back in 2007 when everyone was jelly of WoW printing sweet, sweet green. This steamturd, however, has no place in this day and age of mmo gaming where people are sick and tired of tolkien-esque fantasy tropes and get increasingly impatient with any kind of grind that naturally comes with the genre. I fail to see any niche this game can successfully thrive in.

But who gives a fuck? By the time this crap sees the light of day, mmofags will be too busy either jumping around with fat pandas or stabbing noobs in Guild Wars 2 to give a shit.

Thane Solus

Arcane
Watching more of that video, loved the "Will you be able to stop playing Skyrim to play TESO?".

I just can't stop laughing about how this guy starts pitching this game. Creative director no less. The whole first minute just cracks me up every time.

Douche interviewer simply asks, tell us about the project:

his response:

So basicaly ehm you know the elders scrolls online has been a franchise people have been familiar with for twenty years and now you get to play it online. You get to play it with your friends, you get to play it with strangers. From the ground up we've made it just so it's incredibly accessible. Right, so, you get in ehm, we wanna make sure that you can group very easily with people, so it's gonna be one of the most accessible as far as socialy, you know, we have a lot of features planned that gonna make it so... you get together with your friends, you know, maybe you see them in the game, or maybe you see them offline and you say hey I wanna go play elder scrolls online so thats gonna be one of the, eh, the big hallmarks.

:what:

That dude has no ideea on mmo game design, its so hilarious.

Take this line:

So basicaly ehm you know the GAME has been a franchise people have been familiar with for twenty years and now you get to play it online. You get to play it with your friends, you get to play it with strangers. From the ground up we've made it just so it's incredibly accessible. Right, so, you get in ehm, we wanna make sure that you can group very easily with people, so it's gonna be one of the most accessible as far as socialy, you know, we have a lot of features planned that gonna make it so... you get together with your friends, you know, maybe you see them in the game, or maybe you see them offline and you say hey I wanna go play elder scrolls online so thats gonna be one of the, eh, the big hallmarks.

AND NOW YOU CAN APPLY TO ANY MULTIPLAYER or MMO that was made after a popular franchise.

God that's why i quit workin in triple AAA industry, because of idiots like this.

Quetzacoatl

Liturgist
This will be your typical WoW clone. Why couldn't they have made a Skyrim encompassing all of Tamriel and including other players is beyond me.

Black

Arcane
best chance for some serious playstyles is to add a age restriction so all those WoW kids cant play.
You'd ban bethesda's target audience from TESO?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom